It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"WorldVentures" a pyramid scheme/ MLM? I need facts!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Look I'm very concerned since my girlfriend just drank the koolaid on this MLM company promising "Dream Vacations" on the penny. I need your help in getting facts, not paid to google search results. Please i need all your researching prowess ATS and cold hard facts so i can illuminate the path that my girl is so blindly frolicking down. This is a thread with no information but a plea for help.

She tells me shes promised tax deductibles, cheap vacations and BMW's, with no loss of money put in for anybody! Saying that the 199 club entrance fee and the 26.99 dollar a month fee go toward her "DreamVacation" Not in the pocket of the few at the top of the Pyramid.

This is there Better Business Bureau page.

Even with all the research I've done and told her, she has fallen back to that she only want to go on the cheap vacations and is not trying to make money. I need to either light up her path or be able to squash this within her mind. I believe "WorldVentures" is not to be tread blindly.

Thank you for your time any and all of you, even if you just opened and read this page, Awareness is half the battle!

edit on 13-6-2013 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MConnalley

Greetings friend, sounds like a scam to me and doing a quick google I have found this blog from a supposed insider:

isworldventuresascam.blogspot.com.au...

Problem is, trying to convince your lady friend that she's wrong will be a tough ask, as no one likes to be wrong, just ask the majority of members here lol

I'll do some more digging, but I think you need to find out what it will take to convince her of this being a scam.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Thank you Alpha, again I appreciate all and anytime you have put into this. I would have not given two #'s about this company until some low tier A-hole who showed her this "wonderful" world and false promises pissed me off, I am on a mission to condense any and all relevant facts that counter point what this company promises. that is my mission now. And I will not cease and desist until shes is free or I am proven immensely wrong!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Upon a bit more research, it appears to not be a scam per se, but a run of the mill pyramid scheme.

If your girlfriend is in it for cheap holidays and other freebies, it will end in tears.

Some good info at this forum HERE

I also found their income disclosure from 2009 showing that the average representative made $200 annually.
Oh and that only 27% of them actually made a profit.

www.scribd.com...

So I guess there is money and maybe some perks to be made from it, but it would have to be treated as a full time job with A LOT of dedication.

In the immortal words of King Arthur in Monty Pythons the holy grail....

RUN AWAAAAAYY!!!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Haha forsure man and thanks again. I just don't want her to be hurt or disappointed. She already works very hard at two jobs doing care taking and going to school, i don't want her to be hurt because of lack of information and possible false promises...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Well I hope you can make her see the light my friend.

Maybe point it out to her this way... $27 per month is $324 a year plus the $200 joining fee, so there's $524 gone straight away.

Do they offer that much of a discount on vacations?

Bet you they don't.

Perhaps get hold of one of their offers (someone did this on the forum I linked to above.) and compare it to what it would be normally. See just how much you "save".

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Yeah I told her about the price comparison, but she retorted that her "trainer" told her that if the same "dream vacation" was found at a lower price, that "WorldVentures" would pay for it costing her nothing. All i had to say to that was get it in a contract and show me. I just don't know what else to do.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Ugh, I don't know what to say friend, except to repeat what I said earlier.

Find what it will take to change her mind.

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Thanks! I will. :]

I appreciate the help.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Anyone else out there that knows anything more?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This site is basically asking you to pay them to show you deals on vacations. You could find the same stuff typing "cheap vacation" into google. I'm sure the fine print tells you this somewhere.

Show her Penn & Tellers B# MLM/Pyramid scheme episide
or log into her router and block the website or redirect it to a fake 'shut down by the gubment' page lol

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by oniraug

haha oh I wish. She already has hard contacts with associates" sales reps" of the company there's no stopping what she believes she can do now :/ just got to let her fall and help her back up now.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If it's to good to be true...

It'll be a matter of weeks before they sucker her into the luxury/premium membership - after she signs up for the econo plan.

She'll end up paying bu-ku bucks for limited vacation packages that she could have gotten through a local travel agent at a fraction of the price.

If she wants cheap vacations, she should work for a travel agent. She'd get paid while she waits for that perfect and cheap vacation.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

You need to explain to your significant other ...

There is no such thing as a free lunch .

Caveat emptor ...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I work with this company as a service provider (sorry, I can't elaborate any further) and they ARE a legit company. The sales-model they choose to utilize is a fairly standard one in the MLM industry.

They have an enormous customer base and move a #load of product.

As far as working for them/being a sales distributor, that's out of the realm of my interaction with them.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I just recently learned about this company and I'd like to know, aren't they suppose to be illegal?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN
edit on May 19th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I used to work for a company with three different divisions. E-commerce, wholesale and MLM/parties. Every employee would dread anything to do with the MLM channel. The other two, we'd have to deal with legitimate clients and customers so we'd have no problem going out of the way for them. The MLM reps were so frustrating to deal with, though. Many didn't understand they were not employees but independent contractors. They'd often call wanting to know how they can put in a request for vacation time and one even tried to put in a disability claim. Then tax time would come rolling around and the phone was constantly ringing asking for their W2's. I felt bad for them when they'd call themselves "business owners." They were usually overly enthusiastic and were excited to make millions. Rarely would anyone get more that a $500 commission check (pd monthly). Most were less than $100. Then there were the special events that'd cost a couple hundred to attend.
I know some MLM's have better pay structures and some reps have been successful. But their the exception and not the rule. MLM's pray on simple, vulnerable minds. Sometimes people have to experience it first hand before they understand.

(post by lavatrance removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
you can't make any money in network marketing, they're all scams. this is probably some kind of recruiting post
edit on 22-5-2016 by lavatrance because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join