It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Objects Of Interest on Mars This week

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Blister

So why have you posted those pictures?

As an example of pareidolia.

Seriously, you cannot see the likeness to those familiar objects?

Of course I can but I understand why I can see what appear to be familiar objects .

The images you present don't require a mental illness to see the respective likeness - they are obvious images that any person would surely see and wonder about.

Pareidolia isn't a mental illness its a function of the mind .

It is all too easy to dismiss familiar shapes and patterns on Mars as foolishness and not rock one's intellectual boat

It's also too easy to let you imagination carry you away , because you believe you see these things doesn't mean they're there no matter how much you may want them to be .
As I said above the pictures in the OP are unremarkable and the things you see in them are a product of your imagination .

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

So, essentially you are saying that if you see a pattern that you cannot rationally explain we should simply dismiss it?

That is like Flat Earth Theory. Can't see beyond the horizon? Well, that's because there's nothing there! Better not go off the edge... Or people who used to look at the birds flying and imagine, theorize, about humans flying. Crazy stuff!

Wouldn't you like to know what made that Mars' land formation that looks like a head? Find out the geology at work? How about that face? Any questions about what caused that?

Surely you are inquisitive about what the heck that bulbous thing underneath the rock ledge is? I am and would love a closer look, a sample, chemical analysis etc.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Blister

Sorry , my friend , your objects of interest on Mars is not interesting at all

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Once our atmosphere is gone and the Earth becomes a lifeless desert, after a few hundred million years I bet it would be very difficult to find anything remotely resembling of a construction or a man-made object. Even the great wall and the pyramids would be, IMHO, unrecgnizable.They'd look like a bunch of sand or just... rocks.

I believe there was life on Mars hundreds of millions of years ago, but in my mind it's going to be extremely difficult to find any evidence of it especially because we have to explore the planet through Curiosity instead of in person. Besides I'm not sure if NASA found anything truly interesting and juicy they'd share it with the rest of the world. My guess is they'd jerk off incessantly to the fact that they'd have that piece of privileged information.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Blister

Wouldn't you like to know what made that Mars' land formation that looks like a head? Find out the geology at work? How about that face? Any questions about what caused that?

A mixture of low res photography and pareidolia made the Gandhi head look the way it does ..or did .

Here's a picture of the Gandhi head from the better equipped Mars Express Orbiter .

Surely you are inquisitive about what the heck that bulbous thing underneath the rock ledge is?

I'm inquisitive about many things relating to Mars see the location in my profile .
Given we know Curiosity is at a location where water once flowed the chances are the bulbous thing is related to that although we can't be sure the bulbous thing is actually bulbous and not just another illusion created by the shade and angle at which the picture was taken .

I don't have a problem with people looking for anomalies in Mars pictures as I used to do it myself in the Spirit and opportunity days but we need to be aware that things aren't always as they first seem as shown with the image above .

edit on 13-6-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
standard reply

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I am curious what do you see here? Anyone?

edit on 13-6-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I see the Tucume Pyramid .
While I guess its theoretically possible but unlikely that such a thing could exist on Mars I doubt we would find it looking at pictures .

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by abeverage

I see the Tucume Pyramid .
While I guess its theoretically possible but unlikely that such a thing could exist on Mars I doubt we would find it looking at pictures .

Really cause most people would say a eroded mound, but my how clever you are...

The problem would not be finding them with images the problem would then be identifying them. We are finding more ruins from satellite imagery than traditional means.

I am not siding with OP I think pareidolia plays a huge part in what we see or think we see. But my point is we should not off handily dismiss it either.

If a 5,000 year old pyramid could look like an eroded hill imagine one 10,000 or 100,000 would look like. Then imagine if it were on another world. I will never be closed minded enough to believe it is not possible but we will need some serious evidence to back it up.
edit on 13-6-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You call that unusual features? I'll give you unusual features: www.db-prods.net...

A gaping maw and a cartoonish face. mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blister
reply to post by gortex

So, essentially you are saying that if you see a pattern that you cannot rationally explain we should simply dismiss it?

That is like Flat Earth Theory. Can't see beyond the horizon? Well, that's because there's nothing there! Better not go off the edge... Or people who used to look at the birds flying and imagine, theorize, about humans flying. Crazy stuff!

Surely you are inquisitive about what the heck that bulbous thing underneath the rock ledge is? I am and would love a closer look, a sample, chemical analysis etc.
its sometimes like flogging a dead horse trying to get people on ats excited about finds on mars. You would expect more enthusiasm on conspiracy website. Nevermind,great thread

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

its sometimes like flogging a dead horse trying to get people on ats excited about finds on mars.

Its hard to get excited by rocks ... Unless your a geologist .
Its even harder to get excited by someones vivid imagination , which is what we have in this thread .

edit on 13-6-2013 by gortex because: spelling don't cha know

top topics

<< 1   >>

join