It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lead building inspector for Philadelphia Building which collapsed, commits suicide!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Why shoot himself in the chest? If he wanted to kill himself, why not the head.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

People pay off building inspectors all the time when buildings are being demolished. Especially when the buildings are older and contain hazardous materials they don't want to pay for proper disposal of, asbestos, lead paint, mercury switch thermostats, lead acid backup batteries for emergency lights, any other number of hazardous building materials that are not cheap to properly dispose of. They pay off the inspector to say they were removed prior to demolition then just bulldoze it all together.
edit on 6/13/2013 by EViLKoNCEPTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EViLKoNCEPTz

No that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying this was a normal suicide. I didn't see anything in that article that suggests it was "odd" . What's so odd about him texting his wife? It was a damn building collapse.Could it be he was like all of us and maybe felt guilty about all those people dying? Yes,it does happen.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Theres no conspiracy here. If he didn't kill himself he probably got shot by a drug dealer.Randomly of course. Ever been to Philadelphia? No? I have.Lived in that area for a good part of my life. Not uncommon for an innocent person to be hit by gunfire. But it's also not hard to believe he killed himself with what will be coming his way.Killed himself out of guilt.Just an FYI for anyone who doesn't know..that particular news station isn't exactly trustworthy. They hardly get anything right.
edit on 13-6-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

As a matter of fact, yes, I was in and out of Philadelphia for fair part of my decade and a half trucking. I'm not near as familiar with the city as someone who lives there, but I'm certainly more familiar with it than someone simply reading about it. It's been several years, as I was running almost exclusively across the Western 11 states for my last 5 years or so but it's a city I certainly know. The produce market was one of the favorites for places I got sent. Not the best part of town to say the very least and yes, that is a rough city. VERY rough in some places.

Perhaps it was random crime. If so, that isn't suicide and makes an interesting part of the story in itself. Regardless, you don't see a building just fall over and obliterate an occupied structure every day. It happens.. I suppose..but quite odd to see as the city's reaction and immediate changes to regulations with proposed law changes to follow, being some indication of that.

BTW... The source I used is the NBC News affiliate for that area of Pennsylvania. I know MSM in general is rather flaky, but fabricating on something like this isn't something I generally see so I don't have a problem using it.

I do appreciate your opinion and contribution to the thread.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by EViLKoNCEPTz
reply to post by AlphaHawk

People pay off building inspectors all the time when buildings are being demolished. Especially when the buildings are older and contain hazardous materials they don't want to pay for proper disposal of, asbestos, lead paint, mercury switch thermostats, lead acid backup batteries for emergency lights, any other number of hazardous building materials that are not cheap to properly dispose of. They pay off the inspector to say they were removed prior to demolition then just bulldoze it all together.
edit on 6/13/2013 by EViLKoNCEPTz because: (no reason given)

Agreed on this. In cities where corruption is a problem, building inspection departments are often known to be a source of it. Just the usual payoffs and garbage. People arguing like they are the investigating officers on this and defending their own suicide determination or something, seem to have missed reading the comments on that story which sound to have come from locals. Apparently, there is about as much love for the Philly building inspectors as there is for the parking authority. That's going some...

I have no clue personally if it was a 100% legitimate suicide or not. Others can't possibly know otherwise. It seemed an odd twist to an odd story and worth throwing out for considering though.

We all have opinions. Isn't it amazing how aggressive some can be with their opinions? Almost odd in it's own right, huh?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Here's my take:

On site THE day of the collapse. Has an impeccable 20yr record with federal licensing board. Six people die because someone 'overlooked' the use of excavator on a very old building.ONE BOX is removed from his home during po-po search. Texts the Mrs, and is dead by GSW.

I dont see a suspicious set of circumstances. I see a cascade of human tragedy. A man shouldering the responsibility for 6 deaths. Being persecuted in the eyes of media, most likely co-workers and friends too. Everyone has something to say to him. Probably in a mob.

He would know the extent of his guilt more acutely than anyone. Whether he knew and/or participated in the drugs, was paid off, or just flat a plain old honest accident, he would know. The contents of the box? Could just be incriminating as all get out, or just compromising to his character (we all have a box no one is ever supposed to see inside).

I feel for the guy. If I f-ed up, and people died, I'd probably kill myself too.

Two more tidbits:

In my experience "pretty" people shoot themselves in the chest. Doesn't mess up the "pretty".

The text to the Mrs? Coulda been as inane as "I can't pick up the kids today" or as cryptic as "Behind the book shelf", or just plain "Love you, Puddin'."

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It's people that think like the majority here that leads murderers to use suicide to hide their crime. I'm not saying it WAS murder, but I'm also not saying it was an ordinary suicide. This is why police are trained to investigate all suicides as homicides until it's proven one way or the other. However, this day and age cops tend to be quick to rule it suicide and avoid the extra investigation and paperwork. I have experience as an investigator, not police but fraud investigation for insurance which sadly has become more thorough than most police investigations. When you investigate something you never take evidence at face value, and you always question everything. Statistically men tend to suicide by two methods, hanging and GSW to soft palette or GSW to temple(brain devastation). The statistics on suicide by GSW to chest are low enough it should raise someone's eyebrow.

I'm not sure how many of you have ever been shot before, but it hurts like hell. Suicide is a means to end the pain as quick as possible. Even if you were to hit the heart on the first try death isn't instantaneous. The brain survives for several seconds to several minutes after the heart stops and the pain still registers. This is why suicides tend to go out in a manner that ceases brain function almost immediately, or is less than severely painful(overdose, slit arteries). And yes sending a text during a suicide is uncommon unless they are younger teens and twenties. Older folks almost always tend to hand write a note or letter to their loved one as the last intimate act before they're gone.
edit on 6/13/2013 by EViLKoNCEPTz because: fix some issues spell check doesn't complain about properly spelled word used incorrectly

top topics

<< 1   >>

join