It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Weather Threat moving towards the East Coast. - Thursday, June 13th

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I couldn't validate the earlier report of a tornado in Dunwoody. The only thing that I heard was that there was a non rotating wall cloud, if I had to guess it was a beaver tail, but that's good news!
edit on 13-6-2013 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
So far in Boston it's just more rain. Rain, rain, rain. My body can no longer tell what season it is from one day to the next, but I suppose I should be grateful we're not getting those straight line winds... flooding on other hand... ugh terrible spring so far.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Got some pics of some spectacular mammatus clouds as the line of storms moved south away from my area. The entire sky was a golden orange which I've only seen a few times in life. The pictures really do not do it any justice.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I live in Phila, PA/ For a week the forecasters were doom and glooming about severe weather which was to be an all day event in our area. We got one hour of a stong thunderstorm yesterday morning, then the rest of the day was partly cloudy with blue skies. Then we were warned about 5 pm of a threat of severe storms for last night. We got nada. Sure, Warnings are invaluable for approaching tornado conditions, but sometimes I think it's a ratings ploy. Here in winter they tell us about approaching snowstorms which causes people to go out to clear shelves of milk, bread, and eggs. (I guess sheeple expect to be stuck in the house for days making French toast, when in fact streets here are cleared within three hours after a snow storm ends). Ratings, ratings, ratings - and the local weather casters are usuallly wrong.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

How far ahead is this prediction? Because the current convective outlooks for the next 3-4 days show next to nothing for the Atlantic coastal region...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
reply to post by iunlimited491

How far ahead is this prediction? Because the current convective outlooks for the next 3-4 days show next to nothing for the Atlantic coastal region...

This advisory was set on the 13th - it is now the 14th.

The storm moved through the Ohio Valley and the Great Lakes region on Wednesday.

The threat of severe weather for the Mid Atlantic states, carried on into Thursday afternoon.
The line of storms also continued down through the southern states.

This report in general, does not go beyond yesterday.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Great pics!

After the threat passes -
Nature reminds us that behind its Beauty,
A force exists; uncontainable & destructive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join