It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCARs Jason Leffler dies in a horrific sprint car crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
To those who race, have family and loved ones who race, or just a fan of the sport, this is a sad day in racing. My condolences go out to Lefflers family, friends, and fans. RIP LefTurn!

STORY

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Sorry my OP was short, I did some research and will add more to this Thread.
I attended the Party in the Poconos 400 on Sunday, June 9, 2013. Here is a video I took and uploaded due to a request via Facebook for some Nascar fans. The first car you see is Jimmy Johnson leading, and the 2nd is who I believe to be Jason "LEFturn" Leffler, just after being lapped. He was driving the #19 White Toyota Camry. Leffler finished in last, for a new team, who just wanted him to go till first round of pit stops then park it so they could retrieve data for future races.

^This last one is an image of that day at the track before his crash.

This is video from the track prior to his crash. He is the Yellow, with black rear end #13. Leffler qualified 1st with a speed of 175.__mph. This is either a heat, or qualifying run. I also heard rumors he crashed during practice. There are a few misinfos out there and rumors, I am trying to give the most factual story.

< br />

A newscast with some images of his 410 Sprint Car after he was excavated from it at Bridgeport Speedway, in S. New Jersey.

Here is a video to Nascar.com that put together a good tribute video of Jason.
Jason Leffler Remembered
edit on 6/14/13 by SixX18 because: Fixing links

join