It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sin through the eyes of a child

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

His murder can only be glorified if you believe in the resurrection. I believe the resurrection is the power that lead the early disciples to preach the word without fear. The act of murder can never be glorified. That the one who was without sin also defeated death, this is glorious indeed. Now imagine the spirit who overcame sin and death, is alive in you, so that you may also overcome death.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

You have to accept that Christ loves everyone all will be saved. It is ok to accept universalism and still feel like you have a special place as a Christian.

No, what you're teachng is heresy. I have showed you time and time again where people perish in prophecies of the end, yet you continue to contradict scripture. I'm just doing what the Bereans would do. Now i have heard enough of this nonsense. He did come to save mankind, but not everyone came to him or will come to him so that they can be saved. A gift is not a gift if it is forced on people who do not want it. A gift has to be recieved, but it can also be rejected. Hence all the people who rejected Christ 2000 years ago. Stop preaching lies.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

You have to accept that Christ loves everyone all will be saved. It is ok to accept universalism and still feel like you have a special place as a Christian.

No, what you're teachng is heresy. I have showed you time and time again where people perish in prophecies of the end, yet you continue to contradict scripture. I'm just doing what the Bereans would do. Now i have heard enough of this nonsense. He did come to save mankind, but not everyone came to him or will come to him so that they can be saved. A gift is not a gift if it is forced on people who do not want it. A gift has to be recieved, but it can also be rejected. Hence all the people who rejected Christ 2000 years ago. Stop preaching lies.

As long as you sit in your high place of self-righteous election, you will never be able to serve the one you do not love. Who is your brother because there is only one father.

But apparently the one father and the one son love you more, and have blessed you more than anyone who believes anything contrary to the truth in your head.

I cannot help the righteous; you have already proclaimed your faith loud enough.

God would love you too if you just believed what I believe, - Religion
edit on 13-6-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Yes, lonewolf comes off as very prideful and full of himself in his posts. He is lost and can never be found I'm afraid, he's too deeply indoctrinated for anything to sway his opinion. Though it isn't our place to do that anyways.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Sounds to me like you are rejecting sac just as the Jews rejected Jesus 2,000 years ago. I think you could be making the same mistake they did.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes, lonewolf comes off as very prideful and full of himself in his posts. He is lost and can never be found I'm afraid, he's too deeply indoctrinated for anything to sway his opinion. Though it isn't our place to do that anyways.

It is not yours, but most certainly it is my responsibility to correct a self proclaimed brother who shows error in his ways. At some point you do have to let go, because only God can unlock the door. I would not expect you to believe this because you don't believe Paul, which is ok, because it is my responsibility not yours, as it must be.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Not to be mean, but that sounds self-righteous in itself. Saying it is your duty and yours alone sounds a bit prideful if you ask me. There is no point in trying to sway his opinion, it cannot and will not be swayed, he's too far gone.

Oh, and by the way, Paul taught that it is impossible to live like Jesus, because he taught original sin and that Jesus was sinless. If we are cursed because of what Adam did (Romans 5), then it is impossible to live as Jesus did according to Paul, so your beliefs do not align with Paul's teachings.

He also taught that Jesus' death was necessary in order for us to be forgiven, that's another belief of yours that does not align with Paul's teachings.
edit on 13-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Not to be mean, but that sounds self-righteous in itself. Saying it is your duty and yours alone sounds a bit prideful if you ask me. There is no point in trying to sway his opinion, it cannot and will not be swayed, he's too far gone.

Oh, and by the way, Paul taught that it is impossible to live like Jesus, because he taught original sin and that Jesus was sinless. If we are cursed because of what Adam did (Romans 5), then it is impossible to live as Jesus did according to Paul, so your beliefs do not align with Paul's teachings.

Sorry it sounded like that. But one has to believe in Paul, and see that his message does not contradict Christ in order to help those who believe what even you believe Paul was teaching.

So what I mean is only one who understands Paul like I do, can help those who believe in the Paul they see. You don't need help to understand Paul, you stuck with the source, and you found the truth.

But the one who believes in Paul cannot merely stop believing in Paul as you suggest. They must instead be shown who Paul believes Christ to be and why we should worship him.

Paul did not share the same religion as you, but he did speak the truth, even if all have been deceived.
Peter knew of the esoteric way in which Paul was teaching and he speaks of it here.

2 Peter 3:16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

So when I said you cannot help it is only because of what you believe about Paul.

When I said "I" the "I" could refer to anyone who could understand Paul in a way that seperates Paul from the religion that causes man to curse their brothers to hell.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

You believe that Jesus' death was not necessary for forgiveness correct? So why does Paul say this:

1 Corinthians 15
3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

Or this:

Ephesians 5
2 and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

As I said, your personal belief that Jesus did not need to sacrifice himself to forgive sins does not align with Paul's teachings.

Just saying.

Also, the fact that Paul's teachings are "hard to understand" goes against what Jesus said here:

Matthew 11
30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Paul convoluted and made hard to understand what was supposed to be easy to understand according to Jesus.
edit on 13-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

How many times do you have to "Hear" this to "Listen" to it. Christ died for the sinful man. The one who did not believe in his own ability to obey the law and to overcome sin. If you do not need that for your religion than he did not die for "you" specifically. Although he did die for you in a spiritual sense since his words have been preserved for you. But some of us needed to understand the process of "enlightenment" as dying and being "resurrected" a new man because we hated ourselves.

I felt like I was failing as a father, I couldn't seem to make anything right; the only reason suicide was not an option is because I have faith that God makes that decision not man. Jesus Christ died on the cross, so I could nail my flesh to the cross and bleed to death with him, so that I could be reborn a new man.

I was a man that pursued money and the desires of the flesh (drink) and I was going downhill. He died for me at the precise moment that I needed him to, the moment where my "faith in self" died and he was born within me.

How much more of my testimony do you need before you "see" that Christ died for "me"

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

So now Jesus did die for our sins... I just don't see how one man's death and supposed resurrection has anything to do with your own struggles, but I guess that's just me. I focus on what he taught, not how he died. His life was more important than his death.

You have not dropped everything religion has taught you. If you don't want to that's fine, I'm happy that you're happy, but don't tell me to do something you refuse to do. Not being mean.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

So now Jesus did die for our sins... I just don't see how one man's death and supposed resurrection has anything to do with your own struggles, but I guess that's just me. I focus on what he taught, not how he died. His life was more important than his death.

You have not dropped everything religion has taught you. If you don't want to that's fine, I'm happy that you're happy, but don't tell me to do something you refuse to do. Not being mean.

I was only trying to get you to accept my testimony.

I wish I was stronger, and did not need Christ to die for me. But some just aren't strong enough to accept their own strength and immortality, so we must figuratively die on the cross in order that we live for Christ.

This is my religion but I have understood that not all are weak like me. Some believe that they are powerful children of God who can overcome, without needing their brother to lay down their life.

In the true order of things, I would suggest you are "above" me because Christ did not have to forgive you for shedding his blood, since you refused to accept his sacrifice. Rather you obeyed him for the sake of love alone. This was not something that I could do.

So for me, I will always be humbled by Christ, because he died for me. I believe that someday that you will see he died for you as well, even though you did not "need" him to in the same way I did.

That is why the only religion is love. Religion by its very nature suggest the ability to find answers about God. The only answer that all need to agree on is Love. Everything else is personal, although we may find that many of our stories our similar; we do not need to start a new sect, thus creating a new religion.

What we should do is marvel in the religions of those who are "enlightened", adding to our own "enlightenment", what is good for our spirit.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I am not "above" you, no way no how. You putting people above you is taking power away from yourself, giving oil for your lamp away if you will. Jesus said to stock up on oil, not give it away.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The bible also says, and this agrees with reincarnation, that some will rise to shame in the next age. I say above me only because I needed a blood sacrifice to believe, with that comes a bit of shame when I speak to those who rose without it. I know I am forgiven and God considers us equal parts of the creation because we are all part of one body. But I will hold on to my shame, because it reminds me of who my lord is. It is beautiful and not binding in any way, except that I am bound to love.

<< 1  2   >>

join