It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting new look into Putin as he discusses Iran, US policies, drones, non-nuclear missiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I viewed it once and decided to share because I think I think it gives us a more complete picture of the man. He has some important things to say (while there's no mention of the people rallying outside in peaceful protest). I just have to view it again. He seems to have a grasp on understanding other countries, history and cultures. He's read Colin Powell's writings too and I find interesting what he has to say about the founding of the US.

After saying he and Mila's divorce will be easy because they were not wed in a church, I was stunned to hear what he had to say about spirituality towards the end of the video. That's what makes Russia stand out?

The video was filmed at RT's studio on his first visit there. The blonde girl annoyed me with the length of her questions, but he handled it like a pro, I thought.

Anyway, here it is for you to ponder

You are invited to discuss the content.

edit on 12-6-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

About half way thru the video, and I gotta say this fellow Putin is definitely a smooth criminal

Seriously tho he gives a great interview, comes off intelligent and extremely in touch with the US, Europe and his country's interest and point of views. He isnt an angel by any measure but he appears to be great at his job and seems very genuine.

Edited: Wow he even took a firm stance about Iran threatning Israel ( he aknowledged the threat and condems it), but stood by peaceful nuclear programs. Gotta say his words make sense

edit on 12-6-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It's fascinating to see into the mind of the leader of the other great super power of the world. While America's leader appears to be stumbling and faltering closer toward oblivion every day, we see in stark contrast a rational man who knows and understands the entire world from a different and not unreasonable point of view.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

That was my exact impression too. I found interesting the part where he describes the change in the US following the fall of the Soviet Union. He most certainly does not come across as a fool.
edit on 12-6-2013 by aboutface because: sticky keyboard

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Having seen the entire thing now, this Mr Putin has hit the nail on the head about America and her empirical dreams.

He raised a fascinating point about how America got used to being the 'good' guy when the USSR was around, but after it collapsed and the Evil commies were no longer a threat the US of A suffered an identity crisis and went a bit mad. It actually explains what we on the outside of the USA can see very well, but perhaps those within are blind to.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

I'm left with an after impression that he is the senior international statesman at the moment, although I know Harper thinks that Harper is.
I think it's just possible that he's diffused a lot of awkward situations but that he finds the US somewhat running off everywhere like a loose cannon.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Doesn't appear to be using a teleprompter...
Well, you don't see Obama going head to head with any of these guys
not even with a serious reporter...

not even with a poster at ATS....

hmmm.... this guy would eat Hiel Harper for breakfast
edit on 12-6-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

interesting interview,
I cant believe how much the blonde lady in white reminded me of the old Soviet era.
does anyone know who she is ? ?

snoopyuk

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Oh yeah, Putin is plenty smooth and exudes competence. Whereas with Harper, ever notice how he seems to only hold press conferences when he's out of the country and has to because his host holds them?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

At 12.22 in the video, (on the what do you call that scrollbar thing?) she is identified as 'Oksana Boyko, the host of RT's Worlds Apart'.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Thanks,

very little about her online , apart from here twitter page.

snoopyuk

new topics

top topics

join