It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird weather condition in Indonesia "Only 2 or 3 hours the sun shines"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It's called weather, without extremes there would be no averages.

Once and a while you get more rain than usual, other times you get less.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

thx, i apreciate your concerns, it had some brighter sides too.. like people standing together on the riverbanks.. gazing together on the river... something they usually pass unnoticed.. i felt some sort of comunion for a while ..

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
in Finland, it was an unusually warm month of May. The month of May's all-time highest temperature ever in Lapland was recorded 31.5.2013 at 30.5C in Utsjoki. Usually people are still skiing in may in parts of lapland. Also the water temperatures in some lakes around Finland did break records. The temps dropped down a week or so ago back to the normal levels..

edit on 13-6-2013 by inthemistandfog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What's the big deal

Mother nature doesn't run on clockwork you know.

Here in France, mid June, and it's like it's still mid May. Rain and showers all day and we're about a month behind with our weather.

Just be glad we have weather, if we didn't then that's when you start worrying.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
here in Portugal, we have had no Spring, and now no Summer, it should be around these temps for this time of year ( June ) :day temps ; 28 -- 35 night temps : 18-- 25
this last week it is : day temps; 11-27 night temps; 03 - 14
this winter was the coldest and wettest on record, and we even had fresh snow in the first week of May,something is def wrong with the weather.

snoopyuk

Here's somewhat of an explanation for why you're experiencing unusually cooler temps in Port. I'm in northern WI and we're getting the same thing this year. We had only two days above 80F and we're halfway through June. Very unusual. Keep in mind that this post I'm quoting I posted on May 2 on another thread.

First, this is a rare weather event that occurred in January that kick-started our winter. This is accurate to, here in northwest WI, winter didn't arrive until mid to late January. We had a couple of thunder and lighting storms at the start of December, and then when we had our first snowfall, it was accompanied by thunder. What they call thunder snow, and something I might say I haven't heard too often over the years.

Winter weather linked to rare event over North Pole

Then, when our spring was supposed to arrive, the Greenland Block arrived instead. NASA satellites tracked the event and it was reported that it was one of the strongest Greenland Blocks on record. Way back in March they predicted this thing was going to break up but it didn't and we still suffer the wrath of winter while other areas are experiencing extremely warm conditions, some much warmer than normal.

NASA satellite measures Greenland Block that stopped spring

Also, as most of you know about my methane gas theories, I blame the increasing methane levels on this rapid warming that is occurring globally. I'll add this link that goes with the rare weather events that are occurring in the Arctic. This article with images shows how methane has been at record levels over the Arctic this past winter.

Record methane levels for the Arctic in early March

As some have posted on here...if you aren't trapped within the low pressure area caused by the Greenland Block, you're experiencing some warmer weather than usual. Down in central FL, I've heard from some friends they are much hotter than they should be and already suffering high levels of humidity a month early. One poster above comments about 95 degrees on the Cali coast, where this never happens. It's already hitting triple digits in the southwest and another poster said they've had unusually warm weather up in the northwest. We're warming up big time and we here in the Midwest will soon find relief from the Greenland Block and our summer will arrive, and I'm thinking we're about to head from one extreme to another...a foot of snow to scorching hot air and extremely volatile storms! I predict that we're going to completely skip spring this year.

A month in a half later and things haven't changed much. Heatwaves and extreme weather systems to the south of the front, much cooler than usual temps to the north. The cool air from the Arctic is still being pushed south and this is bad news for the ice melt occurring over Greenland. As you can see in my signature below, I have theories about the methane and how its trapping the sun's heat. The more methane increases and builds up in our atmosphere, it traps the heat. The sun's heat enters our atmosphere by way of longwave infrared and heats up the surface then safely bounces back out to space by shortwave infrared, but this part isn't happening right now because of the methane levels. It's trapping it in. I've been writing about this occurrence for the past six months on here and pretty much everything I've been predicting is happening at an alarming rate of increase. We're still experiencing loud booms, sinkholes, extreme weather events and most alarming recently is the accuracy of the Jumping Jack Flash guy's predictions of unexplained fires and explosions. There have been 15 unexplained cruise ship fires in the last year. Just today, another unexplained chemical plant explosion in Louisiana. Also, homes are exploding. Just today, another home leveled in an explosion in Colorado, of course, blamed on a natural gas leak.

Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis

There's a huge increase in moisture in the atmosphere from the heating, like when you turn the hot water higher in your shower, the mirror fogs up quicker. This could help explain the increase in clouds. Extreme moisture increase in our atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

So the smell of sulpher may be linked to higher concentrations of methane in the air perhaps? They had this in California and now in India covering large areas.

I heard thunder with snow for my first time I think last year. That was a first. Exploding houses though? Ill read your post again but what would cause that?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Exploding houses though? Ill read your post again but what would cause that?
A leak in a natural gas line would be a reasonable place to start looking.

And methane is odorless.

edit on 6/13/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yea I realized that after I posted - methane being odorless (couldnt remember which gas that was). But how would houses exploding have anything to do with the weather. That's the impression I got from the above post - that there is a link. I can't think of one.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

The theory is that there are roving bands of methane that are causing house and car explosions. Oh yes, spontaneous human combustion as well.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No, according to the site I linked, it's roving bands of hydrogen sulfide, which does smell like suflur, a dangerous gas just the same.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
please help me how can i get Google video docID number? i try to upload the flash rain video that i recorded yesterday..

edit on 13-6-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Op it could be everyone was experiencing a strong sensation to the 6.7 earthquake near Christmas Island that happened earlier today. ? Im reaching.
I would add link but im off to sleepy town.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
reply to post by Phage

No, according to the site I linked, it's roving bands of hydrogen sulfide, which does smell like suflur, a dangerous gas just the same.

Thank you. Am going to go to your link now (missed it last time) and read up on that. I've smelled sulpher in the air a couple of times over the last year. Not at home but abroad. It's sorta creepy to smell that and not understand the source.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
all here the video finaly..it only 15 minute heavy rain then the road turn like river!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Well you all got a good washing of the undercarriage to your cars to say the least. Be careful when that much water accululates so fast. It could lift your vehicle up and take you wherever it wants.

Had a short powerful storm where I am too. About 7-8 hours ago. Finally the clouds released their water.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

i am sory sir, i just want to share..my friend..

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Winter weather linked to rare event over North Pole

NASA satellite measures Greenland Block that stopped spring

Record methane levels for the Arctic in early March

wow that's scary Man! i never hear about that....Very nice Info!
edit on 14-6-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Dianec

Exploding houses though? Ill read your post again but what would cause that?
A leak in a natural gas line would be a reasonable place to start looking.

And methane is odorless.

i am sory Mr phage..there is no Natural Gas around here sir...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

thank you my friend .. my office friend brought the car, not me.. that time the wind was very strong until the roadside palm trees swaying so great .. and as you know the rain that we see with the eyes more powerful than that in the camera .. maybe because the camera less detail.. but the rain was so heavy and foggy.. terrible, if it rains like it lasted two hours instead of 15 minutes it will be deadly..

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

The important thing to remember is that the Earth has most definitely been through interstellar clouds like this before...many times, in fact. Our planet is still here, as is life in its abundant forms.

"Prehistoric" carvings would indicate that humankind has experienced and survived this phenomenon in the past. Their warnings/recordings show that changes to their environments were significant but, here we are, their descendants.

Humans are the only species capable of planning for such a protracted, ebbing-and-flowing, global event. It is my suggestion that we can prepare for this and that we should; not just for our generation, but for all of those going forward which will also have to adapt to on ongoing period of change and climate uncertainty.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join