It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Faced Kitten Born in the US......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
At 6:11 a.m. on the 11th June, Deucy was born. Aside from her perfectly timed birth date, what makes this feline so special is her unusual facial characteristic: Deucy has four eyes, two noses and two mouths.

The two-faced kitten made her debut this week in Amity, Ore. After the birth, pet owner Stephanie Durkee took the rare kitty to her local veterinarian, who determined that, despite Deucy's facial abnormality, her organs are intact and in good condition, local news outlet NWCN reports.

While the birth of a two-faced kitten -- often called a Janus cat -- is rare, it has happened before. A black cat with two faces, who was aptly named Harvey Dent, was welcomed into the world in February 2012, but died two days later due to complications. In July, another two-faced kitten, this one named Gemini, also died within days of his birth, likely because he had issues eating with two tracheas and one throat.

Since the odd facial characteristic is often coupled with other abnormalities, two-faced cats do not tend to survive for very long. However, that's not to say that Janus cats can't defy the odds. In 2011, two-headed cat Frankelouie was inducted into the Guinness Book of World Records when he turned 12, the longest a Janus cat is known to have lived.

Given, Deucy's good health conditions, Durkee is optimistic that the special kitty will live a long life.

news.sky.com...
edit on 12-6-2013 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Excellent!

3 eyed fish - check.
2 faced kitty - check.
4 Udder thickshake death cow - in progress.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Janus defy the odds

We are counting on you!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
What a trip!!! Apparently this happens in humans as well...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Oh dear. I think this is where someone should step in and tell the owner they should do the right thing and end its suffering.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Maybe the cat should consider a career in politics.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Do Not Panic!

A police officer will be along shortly to shoot the damned monster for your safety and societal pleasure.

Back to work, you slaves... stop gawking.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Ok, so I am assuming that one of Deucy's faces is not actually animated by brain function in the same way as the other is. I assume that because I observed that in the part of the video where it cries out and stretches, the only mouth that moves is the one on her right hand face. The left hand mouth remained closed, leading me to believe that one of the faces is not animated, not connected to the brain function or indeed anything much else.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
In Oregon you say? Why does that make me think of Fukushima?

new topics

top topics

join