It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My journey into understanding esoteric wisdom starts here...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindpurelyMind
This is not really esoteric. For me personally, why would I waste my time circling down an endless rabbit hole of layers of symbolism, design to take me out of myself so I can recognize my Self, when I could just as easily recognise the Truth.

"Your task is NOT to seek for love, but merely to seek and FIND all of the barriers WITHIN YOURSELF that you have built AGAINST it. It is NOT necessary to seek for what is true, but it IS necessary to seek for what is FALSE. Every illusion is one of fear, WHATEVER form it takes...." A Course In Miracles

Truth is true, nothing else is true.

This an excerpt from one of my threads and posts...

i cannot show u the path or thread to enlightenment that is somethin u must find on your own don't take my word for it research yourself for that is where all truth is found and all lies proven 2 b false

your post reminded me of my own words a little.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucifer6
I would guess that symbolism would be a good start. From there magick societies. Magick societies is what peaks my interest the most. But I get the impression that symbolism is universial knowledge amongst the esoterics. So we will start there as not to get ahead of ourselves.

You live east of ohio but south of vermont and north of the carolinas. Your textual dialect points to that region.

I'd start with the OTO or maybe the Golden Dawn then. They focused more on ceremonial craft as opposed to ritual or witchcraft. Think of them as secular and ritual as spiritual. Aleister Crowley might be a fun introduction for you. My focus isn't on the ceremonial magick stuffs but I'm trying to get through "777" in some of his other Qabalistic writings. I'm sure you'd dig it.

As far as your guess of where I'm from, you're a bit off. I'm actually pacific north west.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

While I research this stuff, you mind telling me why you have the sigil of lilith in your avatar. If you dont feel like posting it a p.m. would suffice.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucifer6
reply to post by Cuervo

While I research this stuff, you mind telling me why you have the sigil of lilith in your avatar. If you dont feel like posting it a p.m. would suffice.

Sent you a PM.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
If you peel the layers from consciousness and cognizant thought, you arrive at ratios of the life force itself. The answers are not within consciousness alone, but also within mathematics.

The grand design is perfect, so perfect that it's number is infinite. If you can have a clear understanding of Pi, you know half of the equation. This equation, when together, has created life and consciousness. In my opinion, the other half of the equation that is not mathematics, is more elusive.

Do you understand Pi? I enjoyed starting there.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliophant

Wow, thank you. I must know some esoteric secrets then. I know what it is like to explain in great detail something that is important to them, and they do not grasp it, and yet I am correct in the end!

It is totally like... having the information in front of you and not even noticing it is there.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Perhaps seeing things one took at 'normal' and realising they have been accepted as normal but we haven't really considered them before probably happens to many of us.

I was down in Cornwall in one of the little estuaries and being hot, I went into the local Church. Looking around I saw the usual picture of the Eucharist but it had lots of little serpents hanging over the side. Now I bet most people wouldn't notice that because of its setting in a 'holy window'. However, its message is probably not the normal message one exotically would expect.

You mention you march to a different drum - are you an Aquarian as that was such an Aquarian thing to say. (not being personal in any way or offensive).

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

You are correct, that is totally Aquarian from my experience, so I do not doubt you one bit. I am a Virgo, however. Lol. I am very O.C.D. about my own code of conduct, which is a Virgo trait. You can see it in my philosophy, which I put way too much thought into haha!

Oh! One other thing, if you leave society for something like 40 days and go spend it alone in nature, that is one way to get rid of all the societal delusions.

When you return, everyone will seem completely off their rocker about what they think is important or not. You should also be able to see things or make connections that most people won't.

Also, symbols hold way more power than people think. If there is a symbol somewhere, it more than likely has a purpose and signifies an allegiance with a certain group, mindset, or trait.

Think of letters for example, and check out my thread on them.

The Alphabet of the Phoenicians
edit on 13-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lucifer6

I'd say, being esoteric is to have set your mind to analyse yourself with the purpose to attain godliness. Since the outer world cannot lead to this, the mind is set unto the inner world, to gain strenght/control/.........

It results in acting to what is within instead to what is experienced because of that outside. To accomplish a centeredness as to never lose yourself in anything anymore. Thus, to always remain, what is, yourself, centered.

Nothing will be able to make you lose control of yourself. But first, it is to realise one is able to lose control, this realisation is the step towards 'full control'.

As for "understanding esoteric wisdom". It is to find the places within where you understand what is esoteric, what is within.
edit on 13-6-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Any esoteric s that choose to comment, please give your answers in questions.

What do you think about the concept that "All is One and One is All"?

Are all humans related to each other through shared ancestory? (Mitochondrial Eve and Y-Chromosomal Adam).

Are you composed of atoms and subatomic particles? Are other people, other beings, and all of existence composed of atoms and subatomic particles? Is there any difference in your subatomic particles from the subatomic particle of others?

Does any true concept of absolute separation or isolation exist? Are all things connected to other things? Do all things effect other things? Do all things have a relationship to other things? Are all things interconnected by their coming into existence, their sustenance, their causality, and through observation/experience?

Peace.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This research website proves mathematically (i.e., with exact rigour free of ad hoc models) that there exists a universal pattern found in the sacred geometries of eastern religions and the Jewish, Kabbalistic traditions. No longer do we need to try to intuit what is the meaning of the symbology of esoteric teachings - with all the divergences and uncertainties that such interpretations generate. Their amazing meanings have now been revealed by a theoretical physicist after many years of pioneering, mathematical research that analyzes the nature of the interface between science and mystical traditions. The astounding, mathematical basis of the western esoteric tradition has been laid out for the first time, including the real reason why the followers of Pythagoras so highly esteemed his tetractys, whilst the Tree of Life (Otz Chiim) at the heart of Kabbalah has been shown to be isomorphic to the five Platonic solids, the Sri Yantra, the 64 hexagrams of the Taoist I Ching and the disdyakis triacontahedron, which is the largest of the Catalan solids known to mathematicians. Such spectacular, totally unexpected isomorphism reveals a common mathematical pattern that is found to manifest in the codon structure of DNA, in the root composition of SO(32), E8 and E8xE8 at the heart of superstring theory and in the composition of intervals between the notes in the seven types of octave species that are the Church modes used in plainsong.

Esoteric wisdom encapsulates the mathematical nature of all levels of reality - both seen and unseen. Up till now, it has been regarded as subjective knowledge received in altered states of consciousness induced by meditation, ritual and initiation. It can now be expressed in a way that is as objective as the proof of an axiom in Euclidean geometry. The implication of this is that the existence of a transcendental, universal design can be demonstrated in a mathematically rigorous way that does not require belief or faith. That design is analysed in depth at the linked website and shown to be embodied in "holistic" systems.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I think this is a great place to start. This video is very important for anyone seeking the truth. This is the ancient science all religions are based off. I advise you not to stop at this one video however. Good luck on your journey

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kgnow

Any esoteric s that choose to comment, please give your answers in questions.

What do you think about the concept that "All is One and One is All"? I believe we are all part of a shared consciousness. I actually did a kind of 100th monkey experiment in High School. Two days before the State competition it got yank...On religious grounds. I also believe that our shard consciousness does not come from Our creator but our "Gifter" if that means anything to you. Also believe that when we die we will be absorbed back into the consciousness of our creator and from there the creator of the universe.

Are all humans related to each other through shared ancestory? (Mitochondrial Eve and Y-Chromosomal Adam).

I would more say through Yah-weh

Are you composed of atoms and subatomic particles? Are other people, other beings, and all of existence composed of atoms and subatomic particles? Is there any difference in your subatomic particles from the subatomic particle of others?

I prefer to believe that we are made up of strings of thought.

Does any true concept of absolute separation or isolation exist? Are all things connected to other things? Do all things effect other things? Do all things have a relationship to other things? Are all things interconnected by their coming into existence, their sustenance, their causality, and through observation/experience?

No, just the thought. But the thought does. You are really pushing my limitations. lmao

Please do give your answers to your questions.

Not that it ULTIMATELY matters.

Do the words hundredth monkey answer that question.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kgnow

This moment is the one. Everything is contained in this moment of presence.
There are no things but thought makes believe there are.
Nothing exists outside presence.

edit on 13-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

everything you just said makes me think that you're not ready or deserving of being initiated into any esoteric school of thought.

the "my" in myATS is lower case simply because it's easier to separate the words my and ATS, otherwise it would read MYATS. and people would say WTF is a myat?

Don't over analyze irrelevant and unimportant things please. You will never see the forest for the trees if you do.

Having said that, read Aleister Crowleys "Magick: Liber 4" for the absolute best and most efficient introduction into esoteric things in general.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

What's more esoteric than the bible?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Lucifer6.... what is your horoscope sign?
(semi off topic question)

but maybe get a astrology profile on yourself to potentially delve deep into your personality traits (according to the horoscope) and see how much it actually relates to YOU personally.

It will be a good start to self reflecting.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Capricorn.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The goat huh.
CAPRICORN
check it out.

then fill out this complete astrology report and see how it relates to you
Complete Astrology Report

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Very nice Resoe26, I recall myself being very enlightened by reading traits.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join