It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lay off the tap water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Sorry if this comes off as a self-indulgent thread.

Something hit me pretty hard today.

I've spent the day digging into Zionism, and somehow found myself studying the tap water.

After reading up a bit, a few things have occurred to me.

1 - I've been drinking almost nothing but tap water for almost two and a half years now, one of those years without using my brita filter

2 - Brita doesn't remove flouride

3 - My short term memory has initially vanished over the past few years. I've been noticing that I forget simple, every day things on a regular basis, and can usually never remember what I'm doing in the middle of doing it. If I go upstairs to get something to eat, I'll forget why I'm in the kitchen by the time I get there. I've been becoming more scatter brained, and I can see it. But I thought it was because of the conspiracy related digging I've been doing over the past few years.. I figured the stress may have been making me forgetful.

4 - I've discovered that the chemicals in the tap water affect the hippocampus in the brain, and can affect the formation and maintainability of memories

5 - I usually need at least two enormous cups of coffee in order to get myself moving, and some caffeine shots if I can get a hold of em. I can function just fine without coffee, but when I'm wired on caffeine, I remember things more clearly, and I feel a bit more "moved." More motivated, I guess. Its been proven that caffeine stimulates brain activity (along with chewing gum, which I also do pretty often) and I always think at my best when I'm wired. I've also noticed that, when I do conspiracy-related research while on caffeine, I remember a lot more of it, and don't confuse it half as much.

6 - I never got sick, all my life. But over the past couple of years, I've been getting viruses with every season change. That's never happened before.

Just wanted to share a personal revelation. And, if you choose like I did, not to drink soda anymore and to only drink water, find a way to drink something other than the tap. I'm tempted to use the creek water exclusively rather than the tap.

I used creek water for two days, and with the use of my brita bottle, it didn't make me sick or anything. In fact, it tasted better than the tap.

For a more detailed explanation, see here:

The Effects Of Fluoride On The Brain

God bless, friends. Don't drink the blue pill-water.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Dear Lord, another one.

There is not enough data to suggest what you are suggesting. If that is your opinion, then you are entitled to it, but don't spout it off as fact.

Edit: Do you even know what chemicals they add to your local drinking water? If not, how can you say they are affecting you?
edit on 12-6-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

Edit#2: I read through the OP more slowly and it sounds like you are just getting older.
Happened to me too.
edit on 12-6-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
All depends on where you live, here in Yorkshire we have some of the best water in the world
no added Fluoride in mine

www.yorkshirewater.com...

Btw where do you live? do they definitely add fluoride?
edit on 12-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Just so long as you don't mind sheep piss flavor with extra lime for taste
. Spent 6 months in Holmfirth can't say i agree.

With respect to the OP. I suffer with short term memory loss along with many of my friends and family. I don't think it's much of a conspiracy and more of a negative adaptation of the digital world. These days we don't really have to remember things, there stored in the cloud for us to access whenever we want.

I bet if you went away to the mountains for a month in a new place with no technology your memory would improve quickly.

Saying that, any amount of fluoride in your water supply is bad news. I suggest you look up cheap reverse osmosis systems or perhaps get plans to built you own. That would remove all the Fluoride and any additional contaminants such as heavy metals. Alternatively you could consume only bottled water for a period to test your hypothesis, that would be quite wasteful though.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MongusePro

Lol you ever tried London water? I lived there for a while and it made me sick.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Problem is ,in the USA ,bottled water ,is mostly tap ,and we don't have access to a creek .
Rain water is also filthy .

Sad state of affairs

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Even existing in London for a time is going to make you ill. Everytime i return from that dreadful place i wash my mouth out with soap and scrub my skin with bleach

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Welcome to the uphill battle.

I live in west Texas. They don't add fluoride to the water here, because it is here naturally. I can attest to the detrimental effects of fluoride only through my own observations. The town in which I live exceeds the legal limit for both fluoride and arsenic in the drinking water. The only positive is that it is natural fluoride and not the bi-product of industrial manufacturing. Flourosis (brown staining of the teeth) is rampant in my neck of the woods...er.. plains. After moving here in 97, it is even catching up to me though I don't use the local water supply for my cooking, drinking or anything. Local eateries got the best of me because I drink tea instead of sodas.

All of that being said, I can tell you that the level of complacence around here is astounding. These people wouldn't think for themselves even when left alone. The school system is a joke. I wouldn't say this normally, but the people here are just stupid. I was a C-D student, when I moved here, and was nearly an honor student when I graduated after one year here. It is truly unreal. I absolutely did not get smarter, I was just average.... I had no interest in over-achieving. I came here, and the valedictorian was scared of me....

Don't let the nay-sayers get you down... I seriously believe that fluoride is a detriment to brain function.

I don't drink the tap water.... but, it finds a way into you regardless.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Add that to:

Hyper-floridated toothpaste

Hyper-floridated mouthwash

Natural floride in fruit, vegetables, tea

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

However, while new conspiracy theories and arguments have popped up over the decades, this belief still persists to some extent in the echo-chambers of the online anti-fluoridation community. Yet, this belief is little more than a myth based on the flimsiest of evidence.
Even Paul Connett, who heads up the Fluoride Action Network, a major anti-fluoridation organization, and co-author of The Case Against Fluoride, has said,

Link

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Edit#2: I read through the OP more slowly and it sounds like you are just getting older.
Happened to me too.

19 year olds with dementia from tap water, eh.

Wait until they're something crazy like 49. Drool sliding off their chin, the nurse pushing the wheel chair along the cold damn corridors of the nursing home.. little bits of toast stuck to her dressing gown, from yesterdays breakfast.

That's if they make it that far, with everything out to get 'em with daggers and fire and big sticks.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I hear what you are saying about the tap water. Additional content is not always the best thing in the world. However, if you want an example of short term memory destruction, I personally have never had much of a short term memory, but thats because the doctors at my mothers side when she birthed me, overdosed her on a certain substance to keep her quiet during the labour. She suffered personality changes over and above that which one would expect from the process of birthing ones first born, and I grew up with difficulty with short term memory. Interestingly my long term memory is usually in HD, with dolby sound and Bose speakers.

On the caffine subject, by the by.

Studies have been done on spiders and thier webs, which actually place coffee as being worse for your train of thought than many class A narcotics, such as coc aine, '___', and the dreaded smokeables which shall remain nameless.

Spiders were exposed to amounts of each substance, and thier webs were studied to examine how good they would be at catching flies. Those exposed to some of the narcotics were very pretty, if a little over complicated, and others were a little sketchy looking, but effective. The spider given the caffine however, produced a web which was absent of all symmetry , form, or function. It had gaps in it so large that a fair sized moth could have passed through most of it without a problem.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Sorry if this comes off as a self-indulgent thread.

Excellent, NightAngel! Even though this thread is still about you, you designed it so that it is a message for others. Good job!

I've done some tap water research in the past and I did NOT like what I read. But, like you, my memory isn't what it used to be, so I don't remember what I read. Coffee! Need more coffee!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
So they say this:

There have been reports from Chinese investigators that high levels of fluoride (3ppm+) affect the nervous system directly without first causing skeletal fluorosis. One study of adult humans found attention affected 100ppm of sodium fluoride, an exposure level potentially relevant to humans because toothpastes contain from 1000 to 1500 ppm fluoride, and mouthrinses contain 230-900 ppm fluoride."

Which we haven't seen the mysterious reports but that is why there are MAC's (Maximum Allowable Concentrations) that the government sets for drinking water. If it is deemed too harmful they try to take out as much as they can. See my previous link for an explanation.

...and then rather than going on and proving that fluoride has a direct connection to the hippocampus, they set out to prove the ROLE of the hippocampus. Which is what they were trying to do.

To tie this in to the fluoride debate is bad science at best.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Living in Oak Ridge, TN (you've done a thread on it before), please do some research before drinking from any creeks in that area. ORNL has a looong history of industrial waste release and nuclear burial grounds.

Really, really pay attention to local news.

From just a few days ago, Water line rupture at Y-12 kills small fish, salamanders

Whatever creek you are pulling water from make sure it doesn't branch off of Poplar Creek. Track the water source and look for environmental studies and news releases. Talk to local fishermen. Make sure the water isn't worse than tap.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You do know that spiders are different from us? things effect us differently from spiders just the same they will effect us different from horses.
I have seen the vid though and it is interesting.

top topics

join