NSA hacks China, Snowden claims

page: 1
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Apparently Snowden is still in Hong Kong


Hong Kong (CNN) -- U.S. intelligence agents have been hacking computer networks around the world for years, apparently targeting fat data pipes that push immense amounts of data around the Internet, NSA leaker Edward Snowden claimed Wednesday to the South China Morning Post newspaper. Among some 61,000 reported targets of the National Security Agency, Snowden said, are thousands of computers in China -- which U.S. officials have increasingly criticized as the source of thousands of attacks on U.S. military and commercial networks. China has denied such attacks.


edition.cnn.com...

This is getting huge , Chinese reaction is expected.Meanwhile deputy CIA director resigned.
edit on 12-6-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
America has been hacking China


....

really.... what a surprise



posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Apparently Snowden is still in Hong Kong


Hong Kong (CNN) -- U.S. intelligence agents have been hacking computer networks around the world for years, apparently targeting fat data pipes that push immense amounts of data around the Internet, NSA leaker Edward Snowden claimed Wednesday to the South China Morning Post newspaper. Among some 61,000 reported targets of the National Security Agency, Snowden said, are thousands of computers in China -- which U.S. officials have increasingly criticized as the source of thousands of attacks on U.S. military and commercial networks. China has denied such attacks.


edition.cnn.com...

This is getting huge , Chinese reaction is expected.Meanwhile deputy CIA director resigned.
edit on 12-6-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)


In other news, water is wet.

Really, is it a surprise to anyone with any common sense that things like that have been and will continue to take place. China coming after the US and the US going after China.



posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
America has been hacking China


....

really.... what a surprise


Who'da thunk~



posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
America has been hacking China


....

really.... what a surprise


NSA spy on American citizens ?

Oh, its 2013 not 1990



posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000
 


Ok......this is weird. Why would he say this?




Is this man a plant? Is this a setup?...........I am really starting to wonder.



posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
And the point is?

And China has been hacking the US, and the West for decades.

Really what is the point?

Snowden has been in Hong Kong for a month, still there, and trying to make a deal with them.


The government of China is engaged in overseas, directed primarily through the Ministry of State Security (MSS). It is suspected of employing a variety of tactics including cyber spying to gain access to sensitive information remotely and physical agents (HUMINT). China is believed to be engaged in industrial espionage aimed at gathering information to bolster its economy, as well as monitoring dissidents abroad such as supporters of the Tibetan independence movement and Falun Gong.


en.wikipedia.org...

China has stolen trillions in tech by hacking.

I think Snowden either works for MSS or wants a new contracting gig.



posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000
 


Some are missing the point here...If he has proof and reveals it all it harms the reputation of the USA, It will make other countries look at the states and think "have they been hacking us also?".
I agree OP this is getting bigger...no wonder the guy went to Hong Kong.
edit on 12-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
reply to post by xavi1000
 


Ok......this is weird. Why would he say this?
Is this man a plant? Is this a setup?...........I am really starting to wonder.


He rubs on Chinese to protect his life ...it's not that extraordinary knowledge to say US hacking China or reverse ...it's huge because of the MSM who reported this ..South China Morning Post



posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Check out this thread where I brought this up a while ago.

Why is DHS Protecting other countries infrastructure?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They hacked China and then told China what they did and said you need to fix this list of things. Hire these American companies and they will do it for you.

And it has been in the media.

www.reuters.com...




Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:08pm EDT (Adds 'China' to headline) * DHS warns of bugs in software from China's Sunway * DHS says bugs could be exploited in cyberattack * Sunway issues patch to bugs By Jim Finkle NEW YORK, June 16 (Reuters) - Software widely used in China to help run weapons systems, utilities and chemical plants has bugs that hackers could exploit to damage public infrastructure, according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The department issued an advisory on Thursday warning of vulnerabilities in software applications from Beijing-based Sunway ForceControl Technology Co that hackers could exploit to launch attacks on critical infrastructure. Sunway's products, widely used in China, are also deployed to a lesser extent in other countries including the United States, DHS's Industrial Control Systems Cyber Emergency Response Team said in its advisory.
edit on 12-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by xavi1000
 


Some are missing the point here...If he has proof and reveals it all it harms the reputation of the USA, It will make other countries look at the states and think "have they been hacking us also?".
I agree OP this is getting bigger...no wonder the guy went to Hong Kong.
edit on 12-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)


Only after China was recently caught hacking/spying.

Something smells with the whole Snowden ordeal.



posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that USCYBERCOM would have stuff like that as part of their priorities.I would say thier mission statement covers that...


"USCYBERCOM plans, coordinates, integrates, synchronizes and conducts activities to: direct the operations and defense of specified Department of Defense information networks and; prepare to, and when directed, conduct full spectrum military cyberspace operations in order to enable actions in all domains, ensure US/Allied freedom of action in cyberspace and deny the same to our adversaries."


No one shouldn't really be surprised by this. I would figure it's SOP for the USCyberCom.



posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 


I added a quote from the article I had linked. They have been doing it for years.



posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
...Hm.
So....basically the media is the entity responsible for bringing this story to the public (regardless of how inane the "leaks" might be)? And they have the power to sway the discussion? Or determine what is discussed? Why does the media and how they are handling this seem like the bigger story?

And just for kicks. His name is interesting. I keep thinking "snow job" when I read it (or "snowed in"). Bonus trivia


Definition of SNOW JOB : an intensive effort at persuasion or deception


edit on 6/12/2013 by HolographicPrincipal because: add vocabulary



posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by xavi1000
 


Some are missing the point here...If he has proof and reveals it all it harms the reputation of the USA, It will make other countries look at the states and think "have they been hacking us also?".
I agree OP this is getting bigger...no wonder the guy went to Hong Kong.
edit on 12-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)


Only after China was recently caught hacking/spying.

Something smells with the whole Snowden ordeal.


Yeah there is. It's called watch the left hand so you won't see what the right one is doing. The government must have something that is really unconstitutional they want passed so they invent this dog and pony show.



posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
At first this was all fine and dandy because it painted our government as untrustworthy to our people. Now that other countries are involved, the US (it's citizens) might get back-doored.

Possible scenario: Other countries distrust the US = spies in the states
Spies in the states = increased surveillance.

This could come full circle and completely screw everyone that are in support of him.

*edit: Hell it would screw everyone not in support of him too!

edit on 12-6-2013 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
At first this was all fine and dandy because it painted our government as untrustworthy to our people. Now that other countries are involved, the US (it's citizens) might get back-doored.

Possible scenario: Other countries distrust the US = spies in the states
Spies in the states = increased surveillance.

This could come full circle and completely screw everyone that are in support of him.



See ,61 000 targets or network backbones abroad ...that is milions computers .....this is so huge

"We hack network backbones -- like huge Internet routers, basically -- that give us access to the communications of hundreds of thousands of computers without having to hack every single one," the newspaper quoted him as saying.



posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000
 

So he's gone from exposing domestic surveillance to exposing foreign intelligence operations. Against the country to which he appears to have defected. Can we stop pretending he's a techno-libertarian hero? He's Phillip Agee for the Bradley Manning generation.



posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Wow, thanks for the opinions guys. When I looked in the mirror this morning,I thought to myself "you know you could use a few more gray hairs" I can feel them growing as I read your posts...



posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
probably a....DEFECTOR!!!!





top topics
 
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join