It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Blood: Season 6

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
My boyfriend loves this show and probably has the season set to record. I personally liked the first two seasons but then, not so much. I think it went down hill after the "Meat sculpture lady" season.

It seems the acting has gotten worse each year. Hopefully I can mill through another 8 episodes or so then it will be done.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I wanna be Pack Master.

It's good to be the Pack Master, eh? Alcide's got it going on! (and I'm sure the "Magic Mike" fans got an eyeful during the episode)

I always thought Anna Paquin was attractive but she looses out to Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica) and her character's red hair.

Who are we kidding, it's that wide-eyed innocence look with just a twinkle of sexy mischief that she pulls off, which makes Jessica soar above the rest on the show.

I'm curious to see how the story is going to go down though. A curfew on vamps after dark? Essentially, that is imprisoning them in their homes. Can't see that going over well. So why is the politician for opening up the factory, when he wants war? Is he looking to poison the well, so to speak? Then make vamps fear drinking True Blood, so they HAVE to feed off humans, giving the excuse for eradication?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
So why is the politician for opening up the factory, when he wants war? Is he looking to poison the well, so to speak? Then make vamps fear drinking True Blood, so they HAVE to feed off humans, giving the excuse for eradication?

Who knows? At least with GoT I can chuckle smuggly when the wife asks who's gonna get it or not since I read the books. She's a Harris fan and keeps saying she has no clue what's coming (Warlo, Bilith, The Authority, etc.) as they deviated many seasons ago.

ETA: I thought the scene where the kids grew up rapidly was hysterical.

edit on 17-6-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Yeah, True Blood completely went off the books, so there is no telling. I've read all of them, even the most recent one, and every single plot line is not in the books. At least the past seasons often borrowed some things (like the whole Debbie Pelt thing), but mostly, it's completely new territory.

Even GoT though (Game of Thrones) sometimes makes minor changes (like Rob's wife getting it at the Red Wedding). Let's hope Martin can get to writing before the show catches up, so they don't have to go off script with that show!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

At least the past seasons often borrowed some things (like the whole Debbie Pelt thing), but mostly, it's completely new territory.

She likes both and can't seem to pick a favorite media. You prefer the books or HBO series?

Even GoT though (Game of Thrones) sometimes makes minor changes (like Rob's wife getting it at the Red Wedding).

Although minor in character it had major visceral impact. I wish I would've filmed her like other people I speak to on the HBO forum did with their Unsullied. She nearly crapped herself.

Let's hope Martin can get to writing before the show catches up, so they don't have to go off script with that show!

Yeah. I need some new action with this. It's going on 2 years since the last one.

Season 4 should be the rest of SoS. Season 5 should be almost all of FfC and they could probably split DwD into two seasons. The next book supposedly will clock in at 1,400 or so pages and could be two seasons which leaves him 3 or so years to get the next one out and 5 or so for the last one. There is a very real possibility he could fall behind going by how slowly he publishes.

If he drops dead I will Beric Dondarrian his ass and kill him all over.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

With True Blood, I prefer the storyline of the books, though that doesn't mean I dislike the storyline of the show. The way they did the Faerie, and the whole Maeynad thing were done pretty bad though. I liked the Antonia thing, that wasn't in the books that I recall. I'm kind of liking the whole "Billith" angle too. And of course, the show is sexier than the books.

I think GRRM will likely die before he actually finishes the story, given the rate he writes at (and really, what is motivating him to go faster these days?) I doubt the Lord of Light will bring him back, but hopefully he instructs someone with the keys to the kingdoms.....

I hope his next book really has some things happening....
1) I want to see the Targaryen's fighting for the throne
2) I want to see the rise of Littlefinger
3) I want to see an older Arya crossing some names off her list
4) I want to see Jon make it
5) I want to see Bran kick some butt while inhabiting Hodor
6) I want to see Tyrion face Cersei again
edit on 17-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I was so excited to see that Rutger Hauer has joined the cast, as I'm a big fan. I've heard that his character will actually be a good guy vampire who will help Sookie, but I guess that remains to be seen. Who cares anyway.....it's Rutger Freakin' Hauer!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Yeah, he's looking pretty rough these days...but then, didn't he always?

Seems he's the vampire Sookie's grandpa promised her to? (and supposedly killed her parents)?
(In the books, they were killed by water elementals controlled by a rival faerie)

I'm guessing if a good guy, he didn't kill their parents.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Since in the flashback scene to when her parents died only gives us fragments and shows the faerie yelling NO at the vampire there is a good chance that he was trying to SAVE Sookie from the murderous faerie.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Rutger Hauer !!!!
I was enjoying the show then my old china plate Bladerunner,hobo with a shotgun turns up and I went
Yippeee!!!!
Poor Jason eh? always gets the rotten end of the stick...no wonder he flipped a bit

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

He is 69...and not had surgery, I think he still has the look, he looks cool

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Oh one bit I did find really funny was when Andys new kids all ran in as 4 year olds shouting "Hiya daddy!" and the screams from all that followed.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
OK, so we watched last night (had it recorded). I will say it was pretty good and surprised to see Rutgers Hauer. The 4 year old kids was a great part. I guess I'll have to watch next week too.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
At least they'll save on diapers, and skip those annoying stages where they can't answer anything....so, seems they mature about 4-5 times faster than humans? He may have them grown up and out of the house in 3 years!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Just found out the actress who plays "Pam" is going to be at DragonCon this year, so I get to meet her in two months!
Woo Hoo!

edit on 21-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Can you pass along my number and just say its from Boymonkey74, she will ring me up then

Lucky bugger you better get pics

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yep, will do.
This was my wife and I last time (we are flanking Arlene, I'm wearing a True Blood t-shirt, she's dressed as a Merlotte's waitress with a bottle of True Blood) when we met some of the other cast...

edit on 21-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I never would have seen him as Nial...I always pictured that guy as more urbane and elegant. Oh well.

Contacts that prevent glamoring, Silver UV LED rounds....nasty stuff vs. the True Blood vamps. Combine that with daytime vulnerability, and the vamps need to step up the game. At least Eric has the right idea....take the guy's daughter. Did you catch the commercial for Jessica's website? Yikes!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

This was my wife and I last time (we are flanking Arlene...

Funny how Mrs. Gazrok ended up next to Alcide. Must have been a total coincidence.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Gaz's hand better be hovering lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join