It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service Visits Outspoken Obama Critic – Because of Tweets

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
This is one of the great things about this site, threads like this; news I probably wouldn't otherwise come across that is of such importance, pertinence and actual usefulness that you won't find on your average local and national news broadcast or paper.

As to the actual subject matter, pretty scary stuff when political opinion is being bullied like this. It doesn't surprise me necessarily; but if I believed that we live in a free and democratic society then it certainly would. It would upset me as well, which it already does in any case; and I can't wait until more people start realizing what is going on. Because that could be the tipping point where the straw that breaks the camels back passes through the eye of a needle (or something to that effect) and things really start to change.

Star and flag for you good sir, or madame whatever the case may be.

Peace. ~
edit on 14-6-2013 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Runciter33

pretty scary stuff when political opinion is being bullied like this.

But the Secret Service is tasked with making sure that the president is safe. They have to investigate ANY possible threats to the president's life.

Besides, the man wasn't arrested, he wasn't detained, he was just questioned. He's still going to have the freedom to be hyper critical of this administration which is his right. He might just want to keep away from posting pictures of the president's plane full of bullet holes.

Because that could be the tipping point where the straw that breaks the camels back passes through the eye of a needle

What?

He willingly gave up his 4th Amendment rights when he allowed the secret service into his house without a warrant. He could have demanded they come back with a warrant. (I sure as hell would have) But he didn't. This wasn't harassment, it wasn't bullying, he willfully gave up his right.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well my facebook, and twitter accounts are used almost completely for posting political information, and anything that slams the POTUS. So far I have not been visited by the ss.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
funny how we do not get to see the tweets, i suspect that it would make the case for the secret service to pay him a visit....as usual, we only hear one side, jump to a conclusion, and then criticize.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
I wasn't aware using photoshop was a crime?

He wasn't arrested, detained, or accused of a crime. I don't understand what you are trying to suggest.
Using Photoshop obviously isn't a crime, and that's why he WASN'T ARRESTED.

I support the fight against ACTUAL terrorism 100%, but not at the risk of losing my civil liberties and allowing a police state to monitor my every action and keep a dossier on me when I've committed no crimes.

I agree with you.
But when does someone move from being a very threatening and outspoken person to acting in a violent way towards others?
You have to have some common sense here.
There is a MASSIVE difference between the NSA listening on all phone calls and reading all emails, making the assumption of guilt over everyone, and speaking to an obviously confrontational and threatening individual over the nature of their expressions.

You seem to be getting yourself all worked up about this by confusing what this guy is doing with your grandmothers emails. These are two entirely different things.

This is the kind of guy the NSA SHOULD be paying attention to. Not arresting, not threatening, not silencing, just watching and inquiring.

I often see the terrorism excuse levied against civil liberties advocates. The same people making these excuses are often the same people who claim that we are targeted by terrorists because "they hate our freedom". So we need to give up our freedom to fight the terrorists who hate us because we're free? It's insane. You can't have it both ways.

Again, there is a big difference between making threatening statements and images, and expressing libertarian values. Why do you assume that in order to have libertarian beliefs you also have to make threats, or make images that suggest violent actions?

No one is suggesting that an opinion means you should be a target, that is what most here are against. But you just need to look at the kinds of things he's saying, the images he's putting out there, and the attitude he has. You cannot SERIOUSLY look at all of this and try to suggest he's just like the young family down the street who believe in smaller government and accountability. These are two completely different sets of people!

You're trying to paint this man as a poor innocent victim, shocked that anyone would dare to question his sanity or the political opinions he expresses. If this were a Muslim man making the same images you would be all over it screaming that he should be on a list somewhere!

The guy was not arrested. He has not been silenced. His freedoms have not been breached (any more so than the millions of innocent people the NSA has been gathering information on of course). He is an unnecessarily outspoken and threatening person making unreasonable and concerning statements.

I stick by my view, he is exactly the kind of person I would want my government watching. Not stopping, not silencing, not threatening, just watching.
edit on 16-6-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
In general, I agree that they have a pretty good reason to be a little wary of this guy.

However.....

Playing devil's advocate for just a minute. It wouldn't take much of a stretch to apply this same logic to any kind of art. Unfortunately, it's a little more complicated than it seems. This is a First Amendment issue. It's a very small encroachment but it's still significant.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

OK....So far we have the claims of Tom Francois...proud author of lovely Tweets such as this..

One day Obama will be dragged kicking+screaming Allah Akbar like a little b**ch for Treason, while his Sasquatch wife pounds on the agents screaming racism!

But OKAY...not an outright threat to the POTUS...

But my question is...was he visited at all? When pressed he provided a video he claims is from his survelience ...

Do these guys look like Secret Service to you?

I am not buying it.

Maybe he should file a court case? Or an FOIA as to the encounter?

Just my 2 cents.

Link to further detail here..
libertyunyielding.com...

edit on 17-6-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Hitler reborn?! Really?

You know how Hitler would have handled this situation? He would have had the SS, put a bullet through this guys head and no one in the media would have ever reported anything in his regards. The guy does have a screw loose in my opinion and the Secret Services primary function is to protect the President. They inspected the man found him to be a non threat and moved on. No harm no foul. Get over it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join