Secret Service Visits Outspoken Obama Critic – Because of Tweets

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
So being critical of the government is grounds for a visit from the secret service now? Have people gone completely insane?

I would question your idea of "critical of government".
I'm critical of government, I'm one of the harshest critics you'll ever find. But there has to be a limit! This guy has posted images of explosions, photos of AF1 shot through with bullet holes, he's made some pretty violent and confrontational posts.

If one of the Boston bombers had a Twitter account like this you would be screaming about it and demanding to know what your security services have been doing!

His rights have not been infringed, it's an open site that anyone can read, he was not arrested, he was asked about some of his opinions, and he gave answers.

There has to be SOME kind of security, you can't just say that no one should ever be looked at by the intel services. What point should a person be checked out, when he's dropping that bag on the pavement?

I wasn't aware using photoshop was a crime? While I agree there needs to be some sort of surveillance apparatus to target REAL terrorists, there needs to be a line drawn in the sand. I support the fight against ACTUAL terrorism 100%, but not at the risk of losing my civil liberties and allowing a police state to monitor my every action and keep a dossier on me when I've committed no crimes.

I often see the terrorism excuse levied against civil liberties advocates. The same people making these excuses are often the same people who claim that we are targeted by terrorists because "they hate our freedom". So we need to give up our freedom to fight the terrorists who hate us because we're free? It's insane. You can't have it both ways.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
All that happened was he was questioned. Being questioned by the authorities isn't being arrested, it's not being brought up on charges. It's being questioned. The authorities have a right to question suspicious people. And putting up pictures of the President's plane riddled with bullet holes is adequate grounds for the authorities to have a word with the man.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
All that happened was he was questioned. Being questioned by the authorities isn't being arrested, it's not being brought up on charges. It's being questioned. The authorities have a right to question suspicious people. And putting up pictures of the President's plane riddled with bullet holes is adequate grounds for the authorities to have a word with the man.

WOW the KGB in the day would have LOVED YOU! have any uh, suspicious Books, Art, on ya there bud? Why lest take a look through those closets, just to make sure you are not an Enemy of Stalin,

Here here! It's ONLY for the Common Good!
edit on 12-6-2013 by ThreeBears because: (no reason given)

Oooooh better go hide me Klee Paintings, yikes! Why that's I believe Western Imperialist art, or no, oops, that was Hitler if I recall, he had the thing with Klee,

Funny how totalitarian Glorified MURDERERS all have this thing about Art, especially Abstract,

Next, Watch out POETS, you're next!!!
edit on 12-6-2013 by ThreeBears because: Addition

I thought this was Fitting, almost Prophetical, way before Obamas time...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 12-6-2013 by ThreeBears because: Addition

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This really sucks. I've been calling Obama a lying, murdering, bastard for over a year, and nobody visits me. What, do I smell bad or something? I just got a new 16 channel DVR for my security cameras, and I think Secret Service agents would make for some post-worthy video.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeBears

WOW the KGB in the day would have LOVED YOU! have any uh, suspicious Books, Art, on ya there bud? Why lest take a look through those closets, just to make sure you are not an Enemy of Stalin,

Here here! It's ONLY for the Common Good!

Oh please, the guy posted a picture of the president's plane riddled with bullet holes, and the secret service is just supposed to ignore that?

Besides, the man willingly relinquished his 4th Amendment rights.

From the article in the OP:

On April 11, 2013, he heard relentless pounding on his door shouts of “Police!” The officers introduced themselves as members of The Secret Service and asked if they could “take a look around.”

Since Tom had nothing to hide (and he didn’t want any return visits) – he complied fully with their request. He even signed a consent to search his premises AND an “Authorization To Review Medical and Mental Health Records!”

He willingly let them into his home, he willingly gave up his right. He could have told them to go to hell and get a warrant. But he didn't.

He was just questioned, not even detained, or arrested. I really don't see the problem.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013
[...] What point should a person be checked out, when he's dropping that bag on the pavement?

Pics or it didn't happen. Oh, sorry, that video (along with all the good video of the pentagon being hit on 9/11) is now privileged federal property and we plebes don't get to vet it.

Did no one notice that the agents lied first thing? Don't deal with liars (such as federal intel agents pretending to be 'police').

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
This really sucks. I've been calling Obama a lying, murdering, bastard for over a year, and nobody visits me. What, do I smell bad or something?

Sorry, Vic. It's the armor. It's getting a little... ripe?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
"President Barack Obama Is the Most Threatened President In History."

What seems like a small thing when taken separate and apart might be a bigger indicator when taken collectively. It's all about perspective, I reckon.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
This really sucks. I've been calling Obama a lying, murdering, bastard for over a year, and nobody visits me. What, do I smell bad or something? I just got a new 16 channel DVR for my security cameras, and I think Secret Service agents would make for some post-worthy video.

You can call him anything you want, up to and including a murderer. But the second you hint at, insinuate, suggest, or threaten violence against the POTUS, you are putting your freedom and the integrity of your front door at risk.

I support the right to free speech and the right to call him poo poo, but I dont support the right to suggest or insinuate violence against him, or any other President, for that matter.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Something smells like a publicity stunt.

His comedy isn't all that dark, just dumb as a teen troll. So maybe there was a different reason for the door attack.

No, secret service doesn't quite do that. They'd hover for awhile before jumping in. They might follow him to the store, maybe pore through his Internet history, but, well okay, here is the sting they did...

The story says that they showed him half of his artwork. The half with the two expressions of someone who might be Obama
. Then he validates their photo and confesses that his photo also had an image of Air Force One full of holes.

So he is behavior modeling to the conspiracy public what not to do, because the officers may pull a misquote in court one day; they might only mention one day that he had a picture of the AF1 jet full of holes, which could be a threat of terrorism. And bingo, he just confessed to it, without his attorney, just trying to be its all good in front of agents who are technical freaks.

Oh I forgot another way he could have been watched, with fake friends online.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I am instantly reminded of what happened during the "Communist" scare after WWII. Any US citizen, even if they had done nothing wrong, who was though to support or helped the Communist party in any way was essentially stripped of their Constitutional rights. Or at least some of those rights, which is just as bad. What happened then was a corrupt government out of control, and it is only getting worse.

But, I do not know what this guy posted. But if there was nothing indicative of violence or a threat, then I do not think that the police or the SS have a right to go to his home and ask to search it. And I don't care if they didn't use violence, and you want to know why? How many times have the police done something like gone to the wrong house, "accidentally" shoot or kill someone, or even the family dog? It happens way more often than most people realize. So it would seem that any person who has ANY contact with the police, ESPECIALLY when they are coming to question your loyalty as a US patriot, is at a much higher risk of developing a condition known as being "dead," or "falsely imprisoned," among other things.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
What a coincidence. When my father was outspoken against the Communist Government of our former country, their secret service also gave us a visit both at home and in his work place. They also checked to see if we had any guns. Seems like this country and the one we escaped are slowly merging as far as tactics against citizens goes. I hope it's not time for some to start seeking political asylum in Europe. How delightful.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

But if you look at his tweet in the correct context-you will see that he is inferring Airforce One got shot up in Israel-not that he did it/felt like doing it/felt that it needed to be done/was trying to incite anyone to do it.It was a joke implying Obama is not as revered in the Middle East as he apparently thought.Look again.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I would question your idea of "critical of government".
I'm critical of government, I'm one of the harshest critics you'll ever find. But there has to be a limit! This guy has posted images of explosions, photos of AF1 shot through with bullet holes, he's made some pretty violent and confrontational posts.

Okie Dokie.... That's about all I need to hear to think this guy is a few cans short of a full case in his judgement and the Secret Service wished to see how literal that might carry over.

Apparently someone didn't tell him that threatening the President in any way physically is in fact, a Federal Crime even if you're just kidding. The majority of the time as I understand this, they do what they did here. Come, talk, probably have some harsh and assertive words, then leave. Satisfied it's another internet troll with...terminally bad judgment. You can say almost anything in this country. Free Speech and all.... but a few exceptions DO exist.

Yelling fire in a crowded theater for instance .........or threatening the President, First Family or a number of others in the National Command Authority chain. Pelosi got that expanded as I recall reading back when she had control of the House and wanted to get the same protection. I think She was annoyed by protesters against her.

Anyway... It is a federal crime and they DO have to check each and every one of them out. All of them. I'm sure they hate it just as much as they make sure the person who made them drive out does, by the time they get done. Just my thoughts....

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Better to be "Twittered" than "Disappeared" methinks....

You mean like Obama impersonator Steve Bridges?

2nd line.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Fear and intimidation are tools used by tyranns and dictators to control populations. During the Bush era it was a few of this incidents also, the sad thing is that is becoming very regular this days.

Pray...do tell....exactly what were "a few of this [sic] incidents also" ......that happened during the Bush era?

I'll wait while you dig up the links.

[/s]

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
When I read the part of the article where the SS asked to see his guns a horribly paranoid image ripped through my taxed brain. Perfect way to get "whacked" by the gubment. Guns in hand. They were just defending themselves.

Newspaper headline:
Twitter fueled Obama hater shot dead in a shootout with the SS.

Country is making me crazy these days.
edit on 13-6-2013 by BlastedCaddy because: to many S's
edit on 13-6-2013 by BlastedCaddy because: fill in the blanks

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If you don't want a visit, don't make public statements that can be taken as threats. Pretty simple no? ATS is a great example of both, you've got plenty of users who dislike Obama for various reasons. Neo usually posts some well written threads or comments to that regard, never once hinting at violence or anything that could be taken as such.

Others outright say he should be shot and killed.

The fact remains, his rights were not infringed. He make public statements that are troublesome and deserved a visit. They ASKED him to enter, he allowed. He allowed this to happen, and will probably become an internet celebrity in the conspiracy movement because of this.

Clearly, as they had a file on him, his actions had brought him to their attention already. The SS has a job do to. Protect the president. That's what they were doing.

Now, if they marched him off to jail or shot him, then you can compare it to gestapo or stasi, you'd still look like a bunch of friggin idiots for saying it, but you could at least argue the comparison.

So lets play this through to the end. Tweetbag continues to threaten the president, then actually takes a shot at him.

"Where the hell was the SS?" that's what you'd be saying, well some of you, the rest would be cheering.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
To all the folks who think a visit by the SS to this twitter guy was warranted.... I say... "Are you serious?"

Last time I checked, freedom of speech was one of the cornerstones of this once great country.

Anyone who isn't reading the headlines and realizing that we are turning into a police state has yet to wake up.

We are in big trouble people.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Maybe you should take a look at political satirical cartoons from our history - try the mid to late 1800s. You might be ok with the thought police knocking on someones door because of what they posted in a public forum. Some of us are not. Intimidation isn't ok. It's not a founding principle.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join