It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ingraham: Emergency contraception is ‘a good deal for pedophiles’ and child rapists

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

I never said any of these girls or I was a bad person. I agree to let and give girls birth control, but I think that taking parents out of the equation is more detrimental to the teen's health. The government is taking out the fear that should be instilled in kids by giving them an "out" that their parent's don't even have to know about.

And there's the crux of the problem.

We've now decided as a nation that sex should be SCARY and WRONG. That we should teach our children to be AFRAID of their sexual desires and their sexual orientation during the most important years of their development.

Parents who give a damn, often don't have the problems you are talking about. Kids are going to have sex, regardless of what we do. The best thing for them is to give them options for when they do make mistakes, like not use protection or something of that nature.

What happened when we made sex education a part of school curriculum? More teens became sexually active at a younger and younger age. Why? Because parents now days think "the school will teach them, so I can avoid the conversation almost all together".

Where are the stats that children become 'more' sexually active after we started teaching them about sex?

To be honest I hope that IS true. I hope that young adults are learning to let go of the stigma of sex, be properly educated and go about their lives free of fear and guilt about themselves.

Now kids don't get that feeling of embarrassment, shame, or sense that they should wait to have sex because mom and dad aren't involved in their pre-sex life.

The fact that you think children should be embarrassed, or ashamed about sex speaks volumes to America's current problem. Yes it's important that parents teach their children about sex, it's also important that they have access to the proper material so they can make smart decisions.

I would much rather my daughter have the OPTION of the morning after pill as opposed to not.

12 and 13 year olds shouldn't be having sex and allowed to make decisions to put drugs in their bodies.

Only in the last 50 years is that the norm. We use to marry boys and girls at 12 and 13.

Although I agree that age is too young for sexual activity and it should be discouraged, it's still not right to create a sense of panic and fear in children about sex.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Why do people speak on things that they are so clearly ignorant about. Plan B does not cause an abortion. Not even close. It stops an egg from being fertilized.

Wanna quote 'plan b' anywhere in my posts?

Dunno why people speak about things posters never said.

Oh and emergency contraception covers quite a bit of pharmaceuticals.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Quite opposed indeed. But yea, more blah.
And another blah for good measure and two line symmetry.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Why do people speak on things that they are so clearly ignorant about. Plan B does not cause an abortion. Not even close. It stops an egg from being fertilized.

Wanna quote 'plan b' anywhere in my posts?

Dunno why people speak about things posters never said.

Oh and emergency contraception covers quite a bit of pharmaceuticals.

Considering that this topic is based on the decision about Plan B One Step...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

What's the thread title?

Ingraham: Emergency contraception is ‘a good deal for pedophiles’ and child rapists

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

What's the thread title?

So you didnt read the source. Fair enough. carry on talking about things that have nothing to do with this

From the source, since you couldnt be bothered:

“These girls can’t get their ears pierced, they can’t take an Advil at school without parental permission. Yet, they can go into a pharmacy in this Brave New World of women’s equality and — quote — reproductive health and get a morning after pill.” - See more at: www.rawstory.com...

Morning after pill aka Plan B. No abortion whatsoever.

edit on 12-6-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

What's the thread title?

So you didnt read the source. Fair enough. carry on talking about things that have nothing to do with this

Fail to see what the above has to do with Ingraham.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

What's the thread title?

Fail to see what the above has to do with Ingraham.
If you read the source, you would. I even posted a relevant quote for ya. Perhaps read the material next time, instead of just jumping on the partisan bandwagon

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Must have missed this post

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Nope, sure didnt. This topic still has nothing to do with abortion. The attempts to tie Plan B and abortion together are nothing but rhetoric.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Nope, sure didnt. This topic still has nothing to do with abortion. The attempts to tie Plan B and abortion together are nothing but rhetoric.

Feel free to quote the word abortion.

I can like here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Might want to tell that to someone else.
edit on 12-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Just a reminder, folks....

Regardless of which side of the debate you are on, YOU are responsible for your own posts.
Stay on topic and away from personal attacks on other members. Think before you post

It's okay to disagree with others -- however, we expect you to behave like adults and be civil towards each other.

Failure to post in a civil manner will result in moderatior actions such as post removals, penalties, and temporary posting bans.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by fictitious

I never said any of these girls or I was a bad person. I agree to let and give girls birth control, but I think that taking parents out of the equation is more detrimental to the teen's health. The government is taking out the fear that should be instilled in kids by giving them an "out" that their parent's don't even have to know about.

And there's the crux of the problem.

We've now decided as a nation that sex should be SCARY and WRONG. That we should teach our children to be AFRAID of their sexual desires and their sexual orientation during the most important years of their development.

Parents who give a damn, often don't have the problems you are talking about. Kids are going to have sex, regardless of what we do. The best thing for them is to give them options for when they do make mistakes, like not use protection or something of that nature.

What happened when we made sex education a part of school curriculum? More teens became sexually active at a younger and younger age. Why? Because parents now days think "the school will teach them, so I can avoid the conversation almost all together".

Where are the stats that children become 'more' sexually active after we started teaching them about sex?

To be honest I hope that IS true. I hope that young adults are learning to let go of the stigma of sex, be properly educated and go about their lives free of fear and guilt about themselves.

Now kids don't get that feeling of embarrassment, shame, or sense that they should wait to have sex because mom and dad aren't involved in their pre-sex life.

The fact that you think children should be embarrassed, or ashamed about sex speaks volumes to America's current problem. Yes it's important that parents teach their children about sex, it's also important that they have access to the proper material so they can make smart decisions.

I would much rather my daughter have the OPTION of the morning after pill as opposed to not.

12 and 13 year olds shouldn't be having sex and allowed to make decisions to put drugs in their bodies.

Only in the last 50 years is that the norm. We use to marry boys and girls at 12 and 13.

Although I agree that age is too young for sexual activity and it should be discouraged, it's still not right to create a sense of panic and fear in children about sex.

~Tenth

I think it is hilarious you promote young children to have sex. Yes, at that age, they SHOULD be ashamed! No sex isn't scary, it shouldn't be shamed for adults, but kids at that age have ranging hormones and shouldn't be sleeping around with the whole neighborhood. Actions like those spill over into their emotional adult life. I don't know any girl now at my age who had sex with 20 boys before she turned 18 who is proud. Most I know now have boyfriends/husbands that beat them, 5 kids, are on welfare, are alcoholics, and complain about their stupid actions as kids and how their parents were not involved enough.

You may be into free love, but I don't think you understand any of the ACTUAL repercussions. Good luck raising your daughter's children she has before she is out of high school.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Funny how the ones against this also cry out about being told what to do by others, yet have no problem pushing their ideals on others.

Neo, for one, is one of the bigger parrot heads for the right...and will scream bloody murder if someone tried to tell him/her what to think or do...yet here they are trying to tell women what they can or cannot do with their bodies because of his/her ideals..

ATS is full of hypocrites..I just love to point them out. I do not agree with abortion..but it is not my right to tell women what they can or cannot do with their bodies. We are not in control of them..this is not the 50's...etc...although a lot of righty's would love to have that time back. Where they can dictate to others on how they can live..based on color, sexuality , religion and sex.
edit on 12-6-2013 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This will only enable sickos to get away with hurting children and young women. Why in the world should any twelve year old girl need to be able to get this over the counter? Give me a good reason? There is none.

Don't get me wrong this pill is a good thing for adult and even teenage women who are otherwise healthy and fully developed but give them to children and irreversible damage can be done. Levonorgestrel is the primary ingredient in the morning after pill and it is a synthetic hormone here are some common side effects
1 Depression
2 Acne
3 Agitation
4 I Feel Pregnant
5 Muscle Spasms
6 Tremor
7 Anxiety
8 Uterus Pain
9 Severe Depression

An allergic reaction can cause death.

When I was 19 I opted for the birth control shot, which is a different but still synthetic hormone. I gained twenty pounds, lost some hair, irritable beyond belief, mean, and worst of all I bleed for almost two full years after my last and only shot. And I had been an otherwise healthy adult.
Do you really think that synthetic hormones are good for twelve year olds who don't understand their bodies already? Depression is one of the most common symptoms.

Besides that I do agree that easy access to it will only make it easier for that pervert who was before only imagining what he could get away with but now his imagination has run rampant because he can get away with it...again and again. Just a quick trip to a grocery store and bingbam good to go.

I'm tired of all the "lay off my body speechs" If you are a grown women do what you want but children deserve better than this, it shouldn't be this easy.

I imagine it wont be long before tweens are commiting suicide more often. Strokes at earlier ages. Anxiety and depression will be rampant too. Will it be worth it?

edit on 12-6-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Funny how the ones against this also cry out about being told what to do by others, yet have no problem pushing their ideals on others.

Neo, for one, is one of the bigger parrot heads for the right...and will scream bloody murder if someone tried to tell him/her what to think or do...yet here they are trying to tell women what they can or cannot do with their bodies because of his/her ideals..

ATS is full of hypocrites..I just love to point them out. I do not agree with abortion..but it is not my right to tell women what they can or cannot do with their bodies. We are not in control of them..this is not the 50's...etc...although a lot of righty's would love to have that time back. Where they can dictate to others on how they can live..based on color, sexuality , religion and sex.
edit on 12-6-2013 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN
This is exactly what I have been trying to point out. Alas, it seems lost on most.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It is funny you Americans are still debating topics such as this. Much of the rest of the developed world already has effective abortion regulations - permitting all women to have an abortion, however depending on the state the law will vary as to how many weeks in the pregnancy a woman is allowed to have an abortion.

Moreover, contraception is readily available to all persons. I can go to the GP and be given free condoms, be given a prescription for birth control (at subsidized prices so it is actually affordable) and for some reason the rate of rape in my country is lower than in the US, mental welfare is far more emphasized and the people in my country have far better sexual health.

Americans need to stop obsessing over sex and deciding that another persons private life is any of their business.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

reply to post by neo96

The emergency contraceptive/morning-after pill has three modes of action (as does the regular birth control pill); that is, it can work in one of three ways:

The normal menstrual cycle is altered, delaying ovulation; or
Ovulation is inhibited, meaning the egg will not be released from the ovary;
It can irritate the lining of the uterus (endometrium) so as to inhibit implantation.

Therefore, if a woman ingests emergency contraception after fertilization has taken place, the third mode of action can occur

Many in the medical and scientific communities, including The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, presume that pregnancy begins with implantation. Therefore, they don’t view contraception as abortive.

Organizations that are pro-choice, including Planned Parenthood, agree that pregnancy begins with implantation and that contraception should be encouraged to avoid unintended pregnancy.

Pro-life groups, however, argue that pregnancy begins with fertilization. From that standpoint, preventing implantation of a fertilized egg is abortive. “We are as much opposed to the birth control pill as to abortion,” says Joe Scheidler, national director of the Pro-Life Action League.
www.thesurvivaldoctor.com...

The pro-lifers perceive that a fertilized ovum is a person. The medical community doesn't. The pro-life movement wants to take your birth control away. The Pill, Norplant, IUD's and Plan B, they want it all gone!

They Are Coming For Your Birth Control

reply to post by neo96

I don't support corporate products such as birth control pills,contraception or any other the only thing this is doing is making billions for corporate pharma.

Would you support these products, "such as birth control or contraception" if corporations stopped making money off them?

Curious to know if you're also against antacids, Tylenol, and Nsaids? MIDOL? Billions are being made by corporations off them.
edit on 13-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Brave, very brave to put to words what many men are thinking...

"When exactly did I become a rapist waiting to rape a murder you but for the perfect chance?"

Even SNL was making fun of this scenario. This isn't to say that there aren't rapists and bastards out there, there are far too many to be comfortable with, but we aren't all like that.

And how does birth control empower the rapist? It empowers the poor victim ensuring she doesn't have to carry to term a baby who's father was a monster. It empowers the victim to have control over their body again.

I'm sick of idiots make us all look like cavemen.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Brave, very brave to put to words what many men are thinking...

"When exactly did I become a rapist waiting to rape a murder you but for the perfect chance?"

Even SNL was making fun of this scenario. This isn't to say that there aren't rapists and bastards out there, there are far too many to be comfortable with, but we aren't all like that.

And how does birth control empower the rapist? It empowers the poor victim ensuring she doesn't have to carry to term a baby who's father was a monster. It empowers the victim to have control over their body again.

I'm sick of idiots make us all look like cavemen.

But that is disingenuous. Those against this law are neither "rapists looking for a chance" nor against contraception nor against reproduction. The majority of us have a problem with parents being taken out of the loop where their minor children are concerned and the fact that, due to PC pandering, one medication is exempt from almost every other law concerning parental consent and minor children in medicine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join