Ingraham: Emergency contraception is ‘a good deal for pedophiles’ and child rapists

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
So this is takes the cake for the dumbest piece of double think or new speak I've seen in the last few weeks.

Source

“It’s a good deal for pedophiles, a good deal for people who commit statutory rape against young girls,” Ingraham told Fox News. “If mothers and fathers across this country hear this and they think, ‘Well, I guess my daughter or her boyfriend or her rapist can go out to a pharmacy and get a bunch of, you know, hormone pills to give a little girl.’ We don’t really know the effect of a spiking or dropping a little girl’s — in many cases a young woman’s or a little girl’s hormonal levels. It’s outrageous!”

Yes, it's outrageous that people have access to birth control. Are you kidding me?

Can you really, with a straight face say:

Ingraham added: “I think it empowers men who want to abuse women.”

You honestly believe that this empowers men to abuse women? This is more fear mongering. This is an attempt by the media to BRAINWASH women into thinking men are all out to get them.

Let's look at how her logic stands up shall we?

Not only is my rapist considerate enough to not kill me after having assaulted me, he's now nice enough to go buy over the counter birth control to feed me. Because no rapist wants to have to worry about children running around right?

That's something they care about I'm sure, the well being of the offspring they make from violent sexual assaults?

You my dear, are one of the reasons that we still have gender inequality and one of the reasons we still have an ongoing 'gender war'. You should be ASHAMED of what you do and what you say to millions of people around the world every day.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I get your stance on the issue, and that comment was crazy stupid about sexual assaults even being an issue, however, giving any age girl access to the morning after pill, inho, will only create more unwanted pregnancies and far more STDs. This is how....

When I was 16 and got the pill for acne, I started having sex because, well, "I was protected". It enabled me to feel like I could do it. There was no more fear. But wait...I would forget to take the pill sometimes, so I could have gotten pregnant like many of my friends. If I was never given the pill at 16, I probably would have waited until I was 18.

This is the same for the morning after pill. Many girls will now say, "Oh ok, I'll just do it and get that stuff in the morning". Then the morning comes, or two days later, and they couldn't make it to the store to buy it because they were busy with chores or what have you. Now she's pregnant AND has STDs because Plan B gives a false sense of security.

It has it's good and bads. There are always two sides, and each one isn't necessarily "right".
edit on 12-6-2013 by fictitious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yes Ingraham seems to have over-reacted.

But then that was probably in the script.

One big problem with OTC access is overdose.

Young kids may not be aware of the side effects:

Birth control pills, also called oral contraceptives, are prescription medicines designed to prevent pregnancy. Birth control pill overdose occurs when someone accidentally or intentionally takes more than the normal or recommended amount of this medication.

Poisonous Ingredient

Most birth control pills contain one of the following combinations of estrogen and progestin hormones:

Ethynodiol diacetate and ethinyl estradiol
Ethynodiol diacetate and mestranol
Levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol
Norethindrone acetate and ethinyl estradiol
Norethindrone and ethinyl estradiol
Mestranol and norethindrone
Mestranol and norethynodrel
Norgestrel and ethinyl estradiol

The following birth control pills contain progestin only:

Norethindrone
Norgestrel

Note: This list may not be all-inclusive.

Symptoms

Breast tenderness
Discoloration of urine
Drowsiness
Excessive vaginal bleeding (2 - 7 days following the overdose)
Headache
Mental changes
Nausea and vomiting
Rash

Birth control pills overdose

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
He does have a point :

A man in Washington state took a 12-year-old girl to a Planned Parenthood clinic for an abortion to cover up his sexual assault on the teenage girl. The abortion business apparently did the abortion without hesitation

www.lifenews.com...

Now with the recent law of anyone under 17 can get 'emergency contraception' more of events like the above is going to be happening.

They don't even need to goto planned parenthood now.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Yes, providing women with birth control is definitely abusing and discriminating said women.
On the other hand, giving every evangelical cretin and the entire congress a mandatory guided tour of my uterus AND a vote on my reproductive options is mighty empowering to me and the rest of the xx chromosome population.

Idiots being against birth control and reproductive choices are the very reason why we'll sadly never run out of them.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You think there is a spike in hormones from the pill wait until she becomes pregnant and carrying a baby for 9 months. The stress and trauma of pregnancy is going to exact a much larger physical and emotional toll. Parents need to do a lot better job of talking to both their daughters and their sons about sex and the repercussions of pregnancy.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

When I was 16 and got the pill for acne, I started having sex because, well, "I was protected". It enabled me to feel like I could do it. There was no more fear. But wait...I would forget to take the pill sometimes, so I could have gotten pregnant like many of my friends. If I was never given the pill at 16, I probably would have waited until I was 18.

Are you a bad person because you started having sex at 16? Did you have children out of wedlock, get STD's or anything else?

I didn't realize that forgetfulness incompetent and irresponsible behavior was limited to teenagers. Beyond that it's the parents job to educate their children and make sure they are making correct decisions.

This is the same for the morning after pill. Many girls will now say, "Oh ok, I'll just do it and get that stuff in the morning". Then the morning comes, or two days later, and they couldn't make it to the store to buy it because they were busy with chores or what have you. Now she's pregnant AND has STDs because Plan B gives a false sense of security.

So the stupidity of some, is enough to warrant the restriction to everybody else?

It's amazing that people turn this around and blame the institution that is simply trying to provide the care and services that all young females who are sexually active, or thinking of being active need and deserve.

I don't like Planned Parenthood for a variety of reasons trust me. However what Ingraham said here is nonsense and the bigger problem is that people are allowing her to spout her Misandrist opinion without challenge.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by VivaLaEvolution

Yes, providing women with birth control is definitely abusing and discriminating said women.
On the other hand, giving every evangelical cretin and the entire congress a mandatory guided tour of my uterus AND a vote on my reproductive options is mighty empowering to me and the rest of the xx chromosome population.

Idiots being against birth control and reproductive choices are the very reason why we'll sadly never run out of them.

" Your reproductive rights' ?

What about the rights of a child that will never be born or given the same chance, and choices in life?

What that doesn't matter?

People are free to hide behind tag lines like 'reproductive rights' fact remains taking 'choice' away from that child who will never be born,.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Yes Ingraham seems to have over-reacted.

But then that was probably in the script.

One big problem with OTC access is overdose.

Young kids may not be aware of the side effects:

Birth control pills, also called oral contraceptives, are prescription medicines designed to prevent pregnancy. Birth control pill overdose occurs when someone accidentally or intentionally takes more than the normal or recommended amount of this medication.

Poisonous Ingredient

Most birth control pills contain one of the following combinations of estrogen and progestin hormones:

Ethynodiol diacetate and ethinyl estradiol
Ethynodiol diacetate and mestranol
Levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol
Norethindrone acetate and ethinyl estradiol
Norethindrone and ethinyl estradiol
Mestranol and norethindrone
Mestranol and norethynodrel
Norgestrel and ethinyl estradiol

The following birth control pills contain progestin only:

Norethindrone
Norgestrel

Note: This list may not be all-inclusive.

Symptoms

Breast tenderness
Discoloration of urine
Drowsiness
Excessive vaginal bleeding (2 - 7 days following the overdose)
Headache
Mental changes
Nausea and vomiting
Rash

Birth control pills overdose

True, however, Ingram does have a point in that providing this to a minor without any accountability or parental involvement does, logically, come with the potential for abuse as well.

Case in point:

The girl’s attacker brought her to Planned Parenthood, where she lied about how she was impregnated and subsequently had an abortion.

It was August 2012 when the preteen told clinic workers that her 14-year-old boyfriend was the baby’s father — a lie that was apparently told to protect the adult male who had perpetrated the crime.

It wasn’t until six weeks later that she told authorities what really happened. As a result, in April, Luis Gonztalez-Jose, 31, pleaded guilty to second-degree rape of a child.

The horrific incident apparently occurred at a home in Whatcom County, while her mother was in the shower, reports The Bellingham Herald. Gonzalez-Jose will serve nearly seven years in prison as a result of the crime and will be deported upon release.

[url=http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/20/pedophile-protection-rapist-takes-young-girl-to-planned-parenthood-for-an-abortion-to-hide-his-crime/# ]http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/20/pedophile-protection-rapist-takes-young-girl-to-planned-parenthood-for-an-abortion-to-hide-his-crime/#[/ur l]

I'm not against birth control, however, common sense tells us that this type of law does indeed have the potential for abuse.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Ingrahams comments are absurd. Absolutely stupid.

That being said, I'm not happy with the government saying that minor children of any age can get these powerful drugs when ever they want and that they don't have to tell the parent. I am legally responsible for my child, and if my child goes and gets this drug without me knowing and something negative happens, then I'm responsible.

I understand that not every young female has a parent that she can go to for help in these situations. So it's kind of a tricky subject. I really do get that and understand it.

All I know is that if I'm legally responsible for a minor, then I had better know about every drug she takes. And these 'morning after' pills can be very powerful and have some yukky side effects.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by fictitious

Are you a bad person because you started having sex at 16? Did you have children out of wedlock, get STD's or anything else?

I didn't realize that forgetfulness incompetent and irresponsible behavior was limited to teenagers. Beyond that it's the parents job to educate their children and make sure they are making correct decisions.

So the stupidity of some, is enough to warrant the restriction to everybody else?

It's amazing that people turn this around and blame the institution that is simply trying to provide the care and services that all young females who are sexually active, or thinking of being active need and deserve.

I don't like Planned Parenthood for a variety of reasons trust me. However what Ingraham said here is nonsense and the bigger problem is that people are allowing her to spout her Misandrist opinion without challenge.

~Tenth

I never said any of these girls or I was a bad person. I agree to let and give girls birth control, but I think that taking parents out of the equation is more detrimental to the teen's health. The government is taking out the fear that should be instilled in kids by giving them an "out" that their parent's don't even have to know about.

What happened when we made sex education a part of school curriculum? More teens became sexually active at a younger and younger age. Why? Because parents now days think "the school will teach them, so I can avoid the conversation almost all together". Now kids don't get that feeling of embarrassment, shame, or sense that they should wait to have sex because mom and dad aren't involved in their pre-sex life. Parents are getting more and more careless already, so why give the kids a sense of bypassing their parents rules?

If the mom or dad communicates with their daughter and decide on the pill, then fine. If the daughter goes to their parents and says, I messed up and need the morning after pill, then good. The shame of asking their mom to buy it will probably hinder more sex later, which is GOOD.

12 and 13 year olds shouldn't be having sex and allowed to make decisions to put drugs in their bodies.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

blah,blah,blah.
You pro life people start sounding like the preacher's wife on The Simpsons. Or the parents and teachers on Peanuts.

Grow a uterus, have an unwanted pregnancy that puts your life at risk carry that one to term and raise a severely handicapped child while having to go through dialysis and THEN tell me more about life and where it starts and where it ends.

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot, all women who have an abortion are just blood thirsty, murderous harlots doing it just for the thrill of it all.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by VivaLaEvolution

Blah Blah Blah ?

Must be nice to get to decide who lives and who dies because it's 'inconvenient'.
edit on 12-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I suppose I didn't make my stance on that clear.

I don't agree that any person of any age can buy them. OTC is one thing, but there should be a better system to determine who is eligible and who isn't.

I support birth control for all women and men being available without having to jump through hoops, pay enormous amounts or be ridiculed, but these are drugs after all.

They have side effects and people should always at the very least have a conversation with their physician to determine if it's the right thing for them.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

After a while, it becomes bearable, I guess.
Unlike theorizing, making real life decisions requires responsibility and dealing with consequences.

So, yeah, blah and more blah.

Must be nice riding that tall horse inside the bubble of self - perceived righteousness.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I disagree with you. As long as the embryo is in the stomach of the woman it is not a "child". Frankly as long as the embryo is in the woman it has no choice other than what the woman carrying it chooses. It is unfair for you to say what a woman can do with her body even if something is growing in it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

blah,blah,blah.
You pro life people start sounding like the preacher's wife on The Simpsons. Or the parents and teachers on Peanuts.

Grow a uterus, have an unwanted pregnancy that puts your life at risk carry that one to term and raise a severely handicapped child while having to go through dialysis and THEN tell me more about life and where it starts and where it ends.

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot, all women who have an abortion are just blood thirsty, murderous harlots doing it just for the thrill of it all.

As opposed to the above 'perceived self righteousness'.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This is the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time.

Let me get this straight. Up until now, a person had to be 18 to get that pill. Now any age can.

And this is somehow going to change things for pedophiles, most of whom are over 18 to begin with?

Good lord, I cant even follow a line of thinking this stupid....

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

" Your reproductive rights' ?

What about the rights of a child that will never be born or given the same chance, and choices in life?

What that doesn't matter?

People are free to hide behind tag lines like 'reproductive rights' fact remains taking 'choice' away from that child who will never be born,.
Do you call it abortion when a woman has her period?

Why do people speak on things that they are so clearly ignorant about. Plan B does not cause an abortion. Not even close. It stops an egg from being fertilized.

Ugh, just foolishness.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I support birth control for all women and men being available without having to jump through hoops, pay enormous amounts or be ridiculed, but these are drugs after all.

Yeah they are drugs from Big pharma from the same kind of people who creates GMO which I don't get.

They embrace of pharmaceuticals in one breath that are man made, and the complete reversal for
GMO.

I don't support corporate products such as birth control pills,contraception or any other the only thing this is doing is making billions for corporate pharma.

<<   2  3 >>

join

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def