It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw B-2 for 1st time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I went to my first airshow yesterday.It was at Lackland AFB in San Antonio,Tx.The B-2 Spirit did a fly-by and it was amazing.Read about it here and seen pix and video but seeing it in person it was the best.Stealth technology is cool.I almost missed it until it was right in front of where we were.Head-on its literally flat.Sorry don't have pix of it but i got a quicktime clip from my digital camera,no sound,i know that sucks.Can't wait till next show.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a bit off topic but last time i went to a airshow a f-16 pilot smashed his plane into the ground. BY the way the B-2 is an impressive airplane, i saw one on th internet once.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I saw one for the first time this year, Its it something, how its so big, thin and quite.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hope I got this right, just a pic. for the thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
An F-16 performed also.The coolest part is the low-level high speed fly-by.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
My last AirShow was in 2003 and the AF Thunderbirds put on a good show.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Here's a link to the list of performers at Airfest 2004.
www.lackland.af.mil...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It's amazing how this thing looks when viewing straight on. I can definitely see how this was mistaken for a UFO as it has a definite saucer shape when eye level on the horizon. It was pretty wild as I watched this thing for about three minutes, as it approached us, and didn't hear it until it was right over us. Pretty wild plane!

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
ive seen one of these at an air show and i was given the goose bumps,they look evil and that thought of them on there way to sort you out somewhere high up in the sky makes you feel uneasy!

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I missed out on Seeing a B-2 a while back, but I have seen the Blue Angels and a F-15 preforming, I truly loved to see the F-15, definitly VERY sexy!

I also seen:

-F-16s, preforming and many flybys
-L-39 Albatross performing (Breitling Team), up close.
-Su-27 doing a fly by right over my house at low altitude!
-A-10 at a distance
-F-4 fly by
-P-51 Mustang
-Spitfire

I have seen many more...

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I don't think there is anything better than an F-111 doing a dump and burn at night
.... www.raaf.gov.au...&burn.jpg
(this picture is actually of two travelling in different directions)

when it comes to any aircraft...there is nothing like a boeing747 landing.....i just get shivers down my spine.

RAB

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Nimrod MR2 at 500 feet way cool!

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Super cool pic RAAFY!

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I went to an airshow a long time ago when i was small i saw the blue angels and some other cool planes lol got to go in side of a cargo plane and got the blue angels autographs on my hat.. never seen the b2 thought
hopefully when i go to poland in the summer ill see a mig
cool non the less paralyz

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
At the Indy 500 one year, a B-2 flew over. After it passed over the start/finish line it banked to the left and started to climb. At that time it went completely silent. Very cool!

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Anyone else see any interesting flybys after 9/11?

I live in Austin, and although Bergstrom AFB closed years ago, there were active military flights in the area for a couple of weeks afterward. I personally witnessed flights of four F-15s flying North on the MOPAC corridor twice. They flew at extremely low altitude - only several hundred feet. The noise was incredible for aircraft in an urban environment, and they were so low that I could clearly see a full weapons loadout (air to air weapons, obviously).

That was a more intense experience than I have ever had at an airshow. I actually felt as if the military was there to protect *me*, an experience that I had never really felt in my lifetime.

PS anyone else stop in Abilene just to watch the B-1s taking off and landing constantly yards from the highway?

Xon

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
How was the sound of the b2?

new topics

top topics

join