It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when a muslim(african) meets a muslim(white)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
After seeing the most recent threads about Islam and Muslims, i just thought it would be good to share this little video that i came across today and would like feedback of posters.
Its the reaction of an African muslim at meeting a white(turkish) muslim.

Its just 3 mins.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

but when a man from Africa or middle east goes to another country he is considered a threat

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
More often than not, Opening Posts contain a brief summary and the poster's opinions or thoughts on the meaning and importance of the OP. Could we have yours?

It seems that a guy with a camera crew visits someone who may never have seen anyone outside of his village. He lets the villager know they have something in common and the villager becomes emotionally demonstrative. Is that about it? What's the point?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Without watching the video, Im going to say the white muslim turns down his rap when the black muslim gets closer.

Watched the video. I was waaayyyy off. Inspiring to see two humans meet on such a common ground.
edit on 12-6-2013 by Mnemicrsl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make portraying this as "black and white". There's a few problems with the premise and very little communication taking place.

An allegory for religion in general I suppose.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mnemicrsl
Without watching the video, Im going to say the white muslim turns down his rap when the black muslim gets closer.

Watched the video. I was waaayyyy off. Inspiring to see two humans meet on such a common ground.

Your post summarises my intention of making this thread. (The later part in bold)

@Charles and Inverse..
Maybe you also got the answers to your posts.

A common ground binding these two people without caring about the difference of colour, race or language.

@Invere..
You are smart to figure out that it would be something religious, especially when i posted it in this section!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

A common ground binding these two people without caring about the difference of colour, race or language.

You seem to think of that as being uncommon. It certainly hasn't been in my lifetime. Perhaps that's because I was fortunate enough to have been brought up in an environment where one's nationality, religion, race, politics, or "whatever", never carried much weight.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by logical7

Same thing happens in Catholic churches around the world. People of every skin color, race, language and ethnicity get together and worship God under one roof together without any problems. So?

Muslims don't care about color, race, or language of their fellow muslims ... they care about if the other Muslim is the 'right kind' of Muslim. That's where the inter-Islam problems are. And there are plenty of them. Lots of infighting within the Muslim religion. Are you going to try to tell us that isn't true??

edit on 6/12/2013 by FlyersFan because: added word

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I don't think all the excitement was because they were Muslims.Those two guys looked like friends that haven't seen each other in a while.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I am going to agree with Kimish. They knew each other.
edit on 12-6-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

they didnt,
they had no clue till he said an arabic line and then they realised that he is NOT just a "tourist" interested to hear them recite Qur'an but a muslim brother in faith!!
edit on 12-6-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Dear logical7,

I'm still not sure I follow. A worldwide religion accepts members from other races? So? There are Catholic Cardinals, "Princes of the Church," who are Black and nobody makes a big deal out of it.

If you're trying to say that Muslims aren't racist, there are knowledgable people who disagree:

Mona Eltahawy, a columnist for Egypt's Al Masry Al Youm and Qatar's Al Arab, wrote in the New York Times an article titled, Racism The Arab world's dirty secret. She was a witness to racist attacks by Arab Egyptians on blacks and stated: "We are a racist people in Egypt and we are in deep denial about it. On my Facebook page, I blamed racism for my argument and an Egyptian man wrote to deny that we are racists and used as his proof a program on Egyptian Radio featuring Sudanese songs and poetry! Our silence over racism not only destroys the warmth and hospitality we are proud of as Egyptians, it has deadly consequences."

She believed racism was behind a police crackdown on 5,000 Sudanese refugees and the beating to death of some women and children. She added: "The racism I saw on the Cairo Metro has an echo in the Arab world at large, where the suffering in Darfur goes ignored because its victims are black and because those who are creating the misery in Darfur are not Americans or Israelis and we only pay attention when America and Israel behave badly."

She criticized the country's attitudes: "We love to cry 'Islamophobia' when we talk about the way Muslim minorities are treated in the West and yet we never stop to consider how we treat minorities and the most vulnerable among us." While noting that racist incidents are condemned in the United States, she said that in Egypt, as well as in the Arab world, there is a culture of silence toward racist incidents which reflects negatively on Arab society.

en.wikipedia.org...

Actually, you should consider reading the whole article. It talks about specific countries and incidents, and explores attitudes more deeply.

Charles1952

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Oh my God ! :O Peace! Love

As if it would have made a difference if they shared anything..... They have the biggest thing in common, what there is.
A faith which is no different for them that makes everything be something you follow you don't have to find out from understanding, it's been made easier.

That people hate the everything about another people, They should consider therapy, as hate and aggressive behavior are last resort options. Create a dialogue if you have something to say, then accept their ideas that might alter.

Also if you are a racist, understand this. You feel these feelings, but they have them too. You hate the same type of human species as you. No difference

When both are Muslim they should not hate of kill because of a change

I really itrritate myself from these so called racist idiots. There is only one race ignorant pricks. If you keep hating them things might happen. Like getting stoned for treason of your species.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

they didnt,
they had no clue till he said an arabic line and then they realised that he is NOT just a "tourist" interested to hear them recite Qur'an but a muslim brother in faith!!
edit on 12-6-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

So, until he shows he is in the gang, and throws up his gang colours, he's just a random person who is of no interest to him? What happens to just a "tourist" ? Do they get ignored and not cared about?

Sounds rather discriminatory.

Good ol' religion. Keeping people ignorant.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
We'd be seeing a different reaction if one was a shiite and one was a sunni or wahabi.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
It seems there is a little stealth jihad under the doctrine of Taqiyyah being practiced here.
The use of deceit to defend and promote Islam.
Here's some more information on
what happens when Muslim meets Muslim (and others) ... it's not all a bed of roses ..

Muslim VS Muslim in Bosnia's War

Muslim vs Muslim in the Middle East

The recent declaration of a fatwa (a binding religious decree) by the Sunni Egyptian cleric, Yusuf al-Qaradawi, against the Shia militant movement, Hezbollah, and Iran as enemies of Islam who are “more infidel than Jews and Christians” is a dangerous turn portending endless war among Muslims on sectarian lines.

Qaradawi’s poisonous rhetoric, which is influencing tens of millions of Sunnis globally via the Qatari television channel, Al Jazeera, is exacerbating the fratricide in Syria, where violence between Sunnis and Shiites is bringing back memories of historic battles and grudges between the two main sects of Islam.

Muslims fighting Muslims (because of religion) in Iraq

Muslims fighting Muslims (because of religion) in Modern London

You Tube - Muslims fighting other Muslims (because of religion) in Syria

Muslims Factions in Masaka Fight (over religion)

Why are Muslims Killing Each Other

Nevertheless, Muslims killing Muslims has amounted to over 10m. In other words, over the past 60 years 90% of the Muslims killed have been killed by their own people this surely is not Islam! Why are Muslim sects so hateful of one another? What right has the Taliban to think that its ideology has t o be accepted by all others? Do they think that just by forcing women to wear black from head to toe is following Islam? Is it the dress or the mind that has to be Islamic? What the Islamic world cannot deny is that it may follow Islam but Muslims are united in hate. As aspect that is making Islam what it is, is its close association to politics which goes hand in hand with the desire for power o f a cult/tribe.

1400 Years of Islamic Aggression

Let us review the Muslim conquest. In 624, Mohammed led a raid for booty and plunder against a Meccan caravan, killing 70 Meccans for mere material gain. Between 630 A.D. and the death of Mohammed in 632 A.D., Muslims -- on at least one occasion led by Mohammed -- had conquered the bulk of western Arabia and southern Palestine through approximately a dozen separate invasions and bloody conquests. These conquests were in large part "Holy wars," putting the lie to another statement in the U.S. News article that proclaimed the Crusades "The First Holy War," as if the Christians had invented the concept of a holy war. After Mohammed's death in 632, the new Muslim caliph, Abu Bakr, launched Islam into almost 1,500 years of continual imperialist, colonialist, bloody conquest and subjugation of others through invasion and war, a role Islam continues to this very day.....

The Muslim wars of imperialist conquest have been launched for almost 1,500 years against hundreds of nations, over millions of square miles (significantly larger than the British Empire at its peak). The lust for Muslim imperialist conquest stretched from southern France to the Philippines, from Austria to Nigeria, and from central Asia to New Guinea. This is the classic definition of imperialism -- "the policy and practice of seeking to dominate the economic and political affairs of weaker countries."

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It seems there is a little stealth jihad under the doctrine of Taqiyyah being practiced here.

so making a thread about islam or muslims in the religion section is jihad and that too with the use of lies.

How typical, let me guess who you are,
umm..
A Christian!!! Right?

Christianity has a history of sectarian fights that is so blood i couldn't see a link in all that gore!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

the woman you are quoting also did this
www.guardiannews.com/world/2012/nov/29/mona-eltahawy-court-anti-muslim-poster

Mona Eltahawy in court over
defacing posters: 'I'm proud of
what I did'

Activist explains why she has no
regrets about spray-painting anti-
Muslim ads and how it's part of
her goal of direct activism

also you quoting a single person about an incidence of racism in Egypt and in the same post claiming that no racism is shown in many churches too.
Will you actually go to a point and say no christians show racism?

My objective of posting the video was to show how muslims should be and how they are binded together by a single belief. Only one poster reacted in a way that acknowledged the essence of that video.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Deflection on your part.
Here is another story about Muslims who meet other Muslims for the first time.
Or .. at least ... they are GETTING READY to meet the other muslims for the first time.

Thousands of Egyptian Islamists Rally for Syria Jihad

Thousands of Islamists rallied in the Egyptian capital on Friday in support of calls by Sunni Muslim clerics for a holy war against the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

The demonstration took place outside a Cairo mosque where Saudi preacher Mohammed al-Oreifi called in a sermon for a "jihad in the cause of Allah in Syria." Oreifi urged worshippers to "unite against their enemy.

Truth is .. Muslims aren't all lovey dovey to other Muslims unless those other Muslims worship exactly like they do. Otherwise .. it's JIHAD TIME!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

so making a thread about islam or muslims in the religion section is jihad and that too with the use of lies.

Making a thread about islam or muslims in the religion section and MISREPRESENTING them as all getting along and living in peace with each other is stealth jihad. That was your intent, right? Muslims just LUV each other and it's a peaceful loving brotherhood type religion. Right? Be honest ....

join