It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Cleared After Shooting Litter of Kittens In Front of Kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
RIP Kittens...

An Ohio 'humane' Officer shot a litter of 8-10 week old feral kittens. They had received a complaint from a homeowner who had said that there were kittens living in her woodpile. Now I do not know about you peeps. But I would have envisioned that calling a 'humane' officer to come and help some kittens in a woodpile would not involve a gun. You would think that he would have taken them to a shelter and if they did not find homes then they could be put down humanely...

Apparently the homeowners children were nearby and saw the whole thing. They were screaming and crying. The officer told them the kittens were going to 'kitty heaven'...

A police department in Ohio on Tuesday defended a humane officer who shot and killed a litter of feral kittens and told nearby children that the animals would be going to “kitty heaven.”

An executive with the Ohio Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals told the Sun News that Humane Officer Barry Accorti had responded to a complaint from a Vista Lake Way homeowner on Monday about a litter of kittens living in her woodpile.

“He informed her that shelters were full and that these cats would be going to kitty heaven,” Ohio SPCA Executive Director Teresa Landon explained to the paper. “She assumed he would be trapping them or something and taking them to a shelter and they would be humanely euthanized if they were not adopted.”

“Instead, he went to his truck and got a gun, which she thought was a tranquilizer gun, and walked around to the back of the house and approximately 15 feet from her back door shot and killed the 8- to 10-week-old kittens.”

www.rawstory.com...

See link above for police statement.

The action that this officer took against these kittens was brutal and unnecessary. What is the harm in having a little compassion for a fellow being...

Peace
Fluff

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Posted not long back, come and join in.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I get that people are going to complain about the way the officer handled this, but really? The lady called the officer to come take care of it and is now complaining that he shot them? She even said that she was told they would be going to kitty heaven prior to him getting a gun and shooting them.

In my opinion it is more her fault that the kittens are dead than the officer. She even had the chance to stop him after he said they were going to kitty heaven yet chose not to.

It is not the officers fault. I don't really see any humane way to die, but shooting them is probably more humane than gassing them....ends a lot quicker.

Lady should have kept her mouth shut in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

umm...maybe she thought he meant he was going to put them to sleep at the animal shelter with an injection or something NOT BLOW THERE HEAD OF WITH A FREAKIN GUN!

we dont even do that to prisoners on a death sentence who have raped murdered and done nasting things to men, women and CHILDREN
edit on 12-6-2013 by Tlexlapoca because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

That's insane...crazy times

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
At the very least, the children should have been brought into the house so they would not witness this cruelty.
One of the children could have been injured by a stray shot/ricochet.
Imagine the lawsuit over the emotional trauma.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Some police are really getting good use out of their hand guns nowadays.

Reminds me of the Simpson's episode where Homer uses his gun for everything. Need to catch some kittens - hand gun is the tool of choice.

What would the police says if a home owner did the same thing. Charges of cruelty I bet.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
i never really understood the problem of feral cats. they take care of themselves and don't tend to bother anyone.

human arrogance "this land is MINE". i'm more bothered that someone could kill kittens like this than for the kids that saw.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Already posted:

Please add to the ongoing.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hi there!

Please contribute to the ongoing discussion:

Thanks. Thread closed.

ETA: ^^^ Or what he said!
edit on 6/12/2013 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join