It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying 10 Year Old Cystic Fibrosis Girl Gets Lung Transplant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Dying Cystic Fibrosis Girl Received Lung Transplant Today

Sarah Murnaghan, the 10-year-old Pennsylvania girl dying of cystic fibrosis, is receiving her long-awaited lung transplant.

According to a Facebook post from Sarah’s mother, Janet, the family received word this morning of new lungs that had been made available, and Sarah is currently in surgery. The operation could take anywhere from six to 12 hours.

Sarah's father, Fran, confirmed to Fox News that the lungs his daughter received are adult lungs.

Honestly .. I thought she was going to die before this happened.

I hope the best for her and her family. I hope the lung 'takes' well.

However, she isn't cured of her Cystic Fibrosis .. is she?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Best of luck to her.

I don't think she's cured of CF, but this could add a few more years to her life.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
unfortunatley no, eventually her lungs will begin to scar again from the CF but she will have better quality life more importantly "life"

hope all goes well for her

they have developed a pill that greatly improves there condition called calydeco, so hopefully by the time she need's another transplant they'll have found the cure for CF.
edit on 12-6-2013 by truthseeker10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Im sorry but do understand right that the girl, got a disease that will also destroy the new lung ?

I've heard doctor saying that a lung has one demand, be worthy stop smoking.

Now the actually could save a child with a better life expectancy ? . I would how sad it is for the little girl, if another one would have a longer lifespan.

Something as serious as lungs will you suffocate, That's really no nice way of dying. Now she gets to live through it again ?

I would serious create this something I would have to share my opinion.

I'm glad for her parents they can enjoy her a bit longer.

PS
Do not mistake my thoughts about this topic as closed, my opinion will be about the girl here.
I would never want my child to suffer this twice. Unless she would be able to tell me she would want to suffer for life... N

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
To clarify, the new lung won't get CF, that's a genetic condition that the new lung won't have. However, the rest of her still has CF, and if she's not already diabetic and having issues with other organs, she will eventually.

top topics

join