It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If A Human From Another Universe Accidentally "Stumbled" Into Our Own...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What if, we were all just sat in a coffee shop catching up on old times, when suddenly flashes of lights and electric-like occurrences begin to form as an "orb" on the sidewalk outside and a single human being suddenly stumbled out of it dazed, confused and shocked (as you would be if you're just walking normally down a street and suddenly find yourself somewhere else! - in other words, they're as shocked as we would be, because they were just on their way to work as normal!).

What would happen? Would we all take it well? Surely the government can't lock the human up - the public (and the entire planet!) would want to know about them, where they've come from, how different their timeline is from us, whether an alternate self of them exists in our own universe, no?

P.S.

Personally, if this were to occur in the US or anywhere else, I don't think the rest of the world would just allow the US government (or any other government) to just lock the human away for questioning and testing - especially as his "arrival" was seen by hundreds on that sidewalk (including us, in the coffee shop!). I'm sure the Russians and Chinese wouldn't take too kindly to the US government imposing a media black-out and whisking this human off to some unknown facility and not hearing anything about it anymore.
edit on 6/12/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Surely the government can't lock the human up

You're joking, right?

Not only will they lock him up, but they could (due to the extraterrestrial contamination law) lock up anybody who came in contact with him as well. Being from another Universe would certainly qualify him as being non-terrestrial and thus subject to it.

Not like they'd really need it. They'd just cite reasons of national security, and nothing you could really do about it. They could even come out and say it was the result of an experiment in teleportation, or a foreign agent using some kind of weapon that malfunctioned, etc.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Surely the government can't lock the human up

You're joking, right?

Not only will they lock him up, but they could (due to the extraterrestrial contamination law) lock up anybody who came in contact with him as well. Being from another Universe would certainly qualify him as being non-terrestrial and thus subject to it.

Not like they'd really need it. They'd just cite reasons of national security, and nothing you could really do about it. They could even come out and say it was the result of an experiment in teleportation, or a foreign agent using some kind of weapon that malfunctioned, etc.

Good God, I just found out about the "Extra-Terrestrial Exposure Law" - well I'll be damned! Whilst I understand to an extent the worry about "biological contamination"; knowing the US government, they could indeed just do what they please whilst citing this! Mmmm....

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I would immediately run out to see if the person needed medical assistance of any kind, then I would probably be knocked down by people in "clean" suits who grab the person- throwing him/her into an inconspicuous, unmarked van which would speed away.......never to be seen again!

When the story hit the press it would be twisted to say there was a massive gas leak that caused the people in the area to suffer a mass hallucination.....there was no person.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Hmm an interesting hypothetical question and it will not try to answer the question directly but provide a scenario were a man from a parallel reality but not another universe could and indeed may have found himself a virtual alien in a world he both does and does not recognise.

As you know the idea that for each action all possible variations may be actual and exist in parallel reality's that come into existence to accommodate the multiple states has some support amongst the quantum physics community and the famous aperture slit test is used to show how a photon may be able to jump between reality's.

Imagine a supermassive star that collapses into a black hole in two or more parallel reality's now at the Event horizon any difference in those co existing reality's has been neutralised as space time has been stretched and any particle or energy has undergone a process called spaghetification were by it has been destroyed just before hitting the event horizon, now to the two parallel reality's this is from it's moment of coming into being like a zipper that draws them together back into a combined reality, so a guy is walking to work and suddenly he finds himself on his way to work in a world were he never existed along with all the strangeness that provides, now for the majority of people they would merely blot it out as though he was just a nut job and now one would take him seriously, in less different universes he would merely remember a different chain of event's or even a book that was now not the same.
Like the guy whom claimed the bible had been changed and remembered a different colour of blue for the sky.
edit on 12-6-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

So why dont people who touch meteorites get quarantined by that law? Weird. But i agree that that person extra-dimensional or extra-terrestrial would be subjected to arrest and nasty gitmo like hospitality. Its a sad world we were forced to come to.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

due to the extraterrestrial contamination law

I had no idea this existed either!!!!

Funny thing is that they(gov't) deny their existence yet they have a law like this.

I think that this law is probably only in case someone openly says that they are in contact with ET just so they can use this to lock them up with out justifications.

It is really hard to figure out how PEOPLE would react as a whole. A PERSON will react conservatively and rationaly...OK most persons. but people.....they are overreacting a lot over tiny things...imagine a BIG thing like this. Religion would go downhill and fast...but no one can really predict this with any certainty IMO.

Great topic there op....now back to day dreaming about this!!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
That's going to set off the military surveillance of signals, at the very least a lightning strike reported. I can't believe the tracking has snuck up to be anti-time traveler so quickly. Time, universe, what's the difference?

It all depends on the strangers attitude. And language and appearance. And what I was doing, and who saw it happen. They'd probably be paranoid and agitated and confused unless stumbling was a regular occurrence from their place. So it depends on the scene.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Youve been watching Fringe, havent you?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Your mochas . Give them to me.
Not meaning to be flip-- the scenario of waking up in the morning
and checking in here for the breaking news is on a majority of
days evidence I made it through a rip years ago.
Good thing I'm so insignificant to both universal threads it don't matter.

For the episode described-- can't have happened because anything that
politically hot would get everybody within a city block radius scrubbed with
Tommy Jones' penlight. No memory, No thread. Call off the step van

top topics

join