It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Messaging For Extraterestrial Intelligence (METI)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I believe i have proof aliens exist... Lets see someone prove me wrong.
Aliens (et origin), God (et origin), big bang (et origin)...
This triangle represents evidence aliens exist. Aliens existing due to jesus being simulated in a time when not possible.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
" Dear Aliens...Stay away from planet Earth, we can't even be at peace together, imagine if you come along.."

" P.S. Please don't mate with me....I have a realy bad case of ciphilis...lmao " ( Not true)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Vetran

I believe i have proof aliens exist... Lets see someone prove me wrong.
Aliens (et origin), God (et origin), big bang (et origin)...
This triangle represents evidence aliens exist. Aliens existing due to jesus being simulated in a time when not possible.

Sorry buit there is no PROOF of any side of your triangle.
One is an assumption.
Two is a belief.
Three is a theory.

Only three has any provible facts behind it. But still it's a theory.

Lets see you PROVE YOU are right.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
There's a new initiative to send messages into outerspace with the hopes someone is listening and anyone cand do it. A new website will allow anyone who wants to send a message into outerspace to do so. The website launches this monday and there seems to be some fear amongst the community that there's a chance we are inviting an invasion.

www.theverge.com...

The site is up but I haven't tried sending anything out so I don't know if it working yet.

EDITED:
I removed the site address as it is only collecting email addresses until launch and posting sites that collect data is not allowed here.
edit on 12-6-2013 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

Great post, but the idea of sending random messages into space, is beyond a shadow of a doubt, the least intelligent course of action for humanity to take. We don't know who or what, may or may not, be listening. Frankly spoken, I am worried about the really dumb stuff some people will say.

Could you imagine this, your cruising around the galactic neighborhood and all of a sudden you get a few million "lolz catz" spam messages? If they have a sense of humor and pets of their own, it might turn out good. If not though, they could:
a) write humans off as total idiots
b) think we are totally infantile and defenseless
c)an annoyance.
d) start messing with us

This seems as bright of an idea as English monks, sending letters in bottles containing words of peace, along the North Sea, after the fall of Rome.

edit on 13-6-2013 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WilliamOckham

This may b a complete waste of times for all we know.

It is a complete waste of time.

They would have to transmit with the same power as the sun.
Not gonna happen.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
After the Voyager space probe was sent off back in the 1970s there was a joke that went;

"They sent the Voyager probe into space with a gold record on it with the sounds of earth, a human heartbeat, different spoken languages and music. they sent a variety of Mozart and Beethoven and a song by Check Berry.
NASA was surprised to receive a one line reply message.

Send more Chuck Berry!"

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I want to send a message for them to watch over and not do anything, just make sure we don't kill ourselves. we can scratch there back later

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmittsrifEhtrof
I want to send a message for them to watch over and not do anything, just make sure we don't kill ourselves. we can scratch there back later

Why exactly should they travel the vastness of space and play babysitter to a primitive species? Doesn't really make sense to put forth the effort or resources.

And on that note, If aliens did make the journey, its highly doubtful they'd be secretly abducting farmers in Kentucky and scaring housewives in Nevada...only to disappear and watch from their cloaked mother ships.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ok, I'm of two minds about this like a lot of people. My first reaction was "OMG that is SO cool!" But my second reaction was "well....this could be super embarassing."

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
Just in case there are some benevolent beings out there listening... my message would be something like:

"Help our species before we cause our own extinction or someone else's."

If that invites and invasion, so be it. It can't be much worse to be slaves to an alien race and know we are slaves instead of believing that we're free only to be slaves and not know it.

~Namaste

Absolutely my friend. I would rather our entire species be wiped off this planet than continue into this downward spiral of consumerism, planned obsolesence, planet destruction, ignorance, bigotry, slavery, and war.

Yeah I would probably say something like "Please help us save ourselves from ourselves. But if for some reason you cannot due to reasons we are probably too primitive to understand, please quarantine our planet until we either grow up or kill each other off. We cannot be allowed to infect the rest of the universe."

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

And on that note, If aliens did make the journey, its highly doubtful they'd be secretly abducting farmers in Kentucky and scaring housewives in Nevada...only to disappear and watch from their cloaked mother ships.

Didn't your father ever tell you to use out of town strip joints?
That way no one in town knows what you are doing.

Earth is just the out of galaxy destination for galactic players.
If you want a Kentucky play toy, so be it.

What happens on Earth stays on Earth.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

lol i doubt farmers sucking alien corn in spaceship canoes too... but who knows how they work they could be incredibly complex emotionally mentally physically.. there are no bounds for the beings we not know of

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
I think the chances of our messages being found are very very slim if you take into consideration the massive size of our growing universe.

Even our very first Radio signals have only travelled a very short distance in the cosmos if you take its size into consideration.

Neil De Grasse Tyson has some very good words about this in his latest book (which is a great read).

None the less, I still feel it's worthwhile for us to try and find and make contact. During the 60's many top scientists thought we would have thousands of workers in space by the 1980's..... and it never happened. Some day in the not too distant future, mankind may have no option but to try and get off the planet if he found out a huge asteroid were incoming. Sadly, NASA's entire budget since the late 50's until now does not even add up to 1yr of US military spending!

We need to try and reach out to space and embrace it in any way possible.

I don't put much faith into Neil De Grasse Tyson's written words about the lack of past or present space alien/earthling contact; and how it would be impossible for them to visit our planet now or in the near future.

Grasse talks like all the world... that he works as a bought an paid for CIA disinfo agent --- spreading lies about the lack of otherworlder starship contact here on Earth.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xygoat
After the Voyager space probe was sent off back in the 1970s there was a joke that went;

"They sent the Voyager probe into space with a gold record on it with the sounds of earth, a human heartbeat, different spoken languages and music. they sent a variety of Mozart and Beethoven and a song by Check Berry.
NASA was surprised to receive a one line reply message.

Send more Chuck Berry!"

That Gold Record also had the sounds of the "Big Bang, sounds of the planets being created, sounds of the first lizards on Earth, then dinosaurs, then eventually humans....the recording ENDED with the sound of a Pulsar Star.

Meaning the EARTH was saying.....sorry....we were all killed off by a Pulsar Star's energy beam hitting us.

Why that didn't result in World Wide Panic.......is beyond me.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Why would aliens want to speak with barbarians who's main interest (perceived from space) is tribal warfare?

I always cringe when someone says this because it's simply not true.

You, I, and the rest of the world don't want war. Put an average person from China, Ireland, Canada, Germany, Saudi Arabia, and The Philippines in a room and eventually a party will break out. It's purely our leaders who want war, not the people.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
We should not be sending messages into outer space in hopes of contacting another civilization, if some body were to respond by showing up here, we had bwetter hope to god that they are peaceful because if they arnt there wont be a dam thing we can do aboit it, if they are even 500-1000 years ahead of us in tech it would be indistigishable from magic to us and it would be a very bad day for humans because there wont be anything we can could do except bend over and take it up the tail pipe becasue it would be like the incas vs spainish, and we would be the incas.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Interesting! I went to your link and then to the web portal, then watched the really weird advertisement film.

Wow. I dunno... it didn't give me great confidence about the quality of the messages... Then again, what would best represent humanity? How would we like to be seen? We are what we are, twitter wars and all...

Personally, I think we already have been seen and this is redundant: they already know the gamut from Jerry Springer to Shakespeare to Discover Channel to Downton Abby and Top Model. I don't have "proof" of this - but I have seen a UFO that so far I've been unable to debunk.

But if we could send a message out to what ever eyes (or ?) may be watching? An interesting question indeed...

peace,
AB

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

. I would rather our entire species be wiped off this planet than continue into this downward spiral of consumerism, planned obsolesence, planet destruction, ignorance, bigotry, slavery, and war.

That's a stupid thing to say.

People are not that much different than they were 1000 years ago.
Only the level of their knowledge and their tools.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Alien Warning Message Live on TV in UK-"We Come to Warn you About your ...........

Transmission occured 26th Nov., 77 at 5.12pm

And a more recent message in an untraceable email supposedly from Alien Race:

______beforeitsnews/paranormal/2013/06/did-an-extraterrestrial-speak-to-us-2452838.html
edit on 13-6-2013 by quedup because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join