It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Messaging For Extraterestrial Intelligence (METI)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Seriously, there really is a good chance, that if an alien race manage to get hold of one of those messages,
and furthermore manage to decode it, they will be left with a "You mad bro" or "F#*king magnets...".

edit on 13-6-2013 by derpif because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
There's a new initiative to send messages into outerspace with the hopes someone is listening and anyone cand do it. A new website will allow anyone who wants to send a message into outerspace to do so. The website launches this monday and there seems to be some fear amongst the community that there's a chance we are inviting an invasion.

Any species that would be capable of coming here in the galactic vicinity will already know we are here. Not to mention that our electromagnetic radiation signals don't travel faster than light...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I think the chances of our messages being found are very very slim if you take into consideration the massive size of our growing universe.

Even our very first Radio signals have only travelled a very short distance in the cosmos if you take its size into consideration.

Neil De Grasse Tyson has some very good words about this in his latest book (which is a great read).

None the less, I still feel it's worthwhile for us to try and find and make contact. During the 60's many top scientists thought we would have thousands of workers in space by the 1980's..... and it never happened. Some day in the not too distant future, mankind may have no option but to try and get off the planet if he found out a huge asteroid were incoming. Sadly, NASA's entire budget since the late 50's until now does not even add up to 1yr of US military spending!

We need to try and reach out to space and embrace it in any way possible.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
ummmm
we've been sending transmissions non stop into space ever since the first radio broadcast
any aliens would be thinking " wow i wish they'd shut up" by now
and with the mishmashed jumble of radio, tv, mobile phone etc they wouldn't know what to listen to

edit on 13-6-2013 by Anonbeleiver77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I wonder if the E.T.s have seen this.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Cool thread. But I think the entire flaw is assuming that what we consider "intelligent" must be the definition on some other planet. There may be an advanced society with no technology at all.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Dear Aliens,

We would like to meet you.

Please come in peace.

If you decide you're not going to come in peace, every single alien invasion movie ever made says that either us or even just the microbes on our planet will kick your slimy green asses.

Thanks for reading

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

What will everyones message be?

"Greetings! Will trade brother for slightly used spaceship! He's kind of plump, some tasty fat on him... Great for grilling or slow-roasting. I can probably throw in another relative if you can throw in a ray gun or two...."

Or

"Greetings from Earth, designated planet for testing and housing known and discovered biological weapon accidents. Though on galactic quarantine (so no reason to come here), we're down with some LONG distance communication, especially if you can help us solve problems. I repeat, no reason to come here.....you could catch something and destroy your whole planet."

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CryHavoc

Or

"You have to come in peace......we have Chuck Norris"

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This is a waste of time much like SETI. The problem is people keep thinking UFOs are alien creatures from other planets when in reality we live on a plane of existence confined to ourselves and controlled by immortal angels. They do not use technology but have supernatural powers. They were created higher than ourselves and they have been guiding and grooming our existence for eternity. They do not have flesh but instead are made of energy.
edit on 13-6-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What if there is 1 intelligently populated planet per galaxy?

Because we have zero data on a 2nd intelligently populated planet I'd say we can't know anything until we collect that data.

If there is 1 intelligently populated planet per galaxy good luck communicating to another galaxy, it will probably be a good 10,000 years before humans can even approach such a mode of communication.

The website mentions seems like a cool idea, but a bit gimmicky, likely with zero consequence in the next 20 years let alone 10,000. Point being, don't be surprised if in 100 lifetimes you never see 'disclosure' or any actual evidence of intelligent extraterrestrials.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
This is a waste of time much like SETI. The problem is people keep thinking UFOs are alien creatures from other planets when in reality we live on a plane of existence confined to ourselves and controlled by immortal angels. They do not use technology but have supernatural powers. They were created higher than ourselves and they have been guiding and grooming our existence for eternity. They do not have flesh but instead are made of energy.
edit on 13-6-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

Proof or it didn't happen

On topic: Like there aren't enough trolls on Earth, now we are about to troll the universe lol.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
If I send a message, It will read. " This is a message from Earth, located in the Milky Way Galazy, We are in need of New Management, and will be taking resumes as soon as possible. Send all your ships, we currently have 6 billion inhabitants, our planet is the 3rd planet from our Sun, we are a civilization just starting out, We have much respect for this Universe, only a few bad inhabitants control our entire civilization. So please Hurry up and get me the Hell of this Rock. LOL

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

Actually, if it could be done, I'd be kind of interested in hearing what a worm would have to say. It's life is so different from mine, I think it would be interesting to see things from it's point of view. And, no, I'm not joking.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Great Thread if true.

This could just be another money making scam where we think our messages are being picked up by some Alien Life-form on another planet but actually we would be receiving a reply from someone on the opposite side to where each individual lives on this planet! Also, how do they plan to make us pay for subsequent messages? I won't be entering my home address or bank details!

But

It would be great if it is no scam and we do end up receiving a message from another Planet!

I shall enter my email and wait.

BTW, IT SAYS JUNE 18TH (which I assume is the date of action) UNDER THE VIDEO.

PS. I MAY BE A LITTLE PARANOID (MAINLY FROM READING STUFF ON ATS) BUT DID YOU NOTICE THE 'PYRAMID' WITH WHAT COULD BE DESCRIBED AS AN 'EYE' IN THE MIDDLE?
edit on 13-6-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I hate to bust the bubble of everybody on here but:

It won't work! Here's why.
It takes a large dish like Arecibo to recieve the extremely weak radio signals put out by an entire sun.

The power put out by our puny transmitters would never reach the nearest sun 4.3 light years away. Never mind the majority of other star systems.

Look at it from another angle:
For us to see a search light from their planet it would have to be brighter than their sun.
For us to recieve their radio signals, their transmitter would have to by more powerful than their sun.

It ain't gonna happen. No matter how much you dream about it. You would have to generate more power than a sun. Plus you have to be pointed in the right direction.

It just ain't gonna happen.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
i would think somthing like binary code is the best form of message to transmit

ill tell them in 1s and 0s to come and take me away to their world

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

All signed up, thanks.
S & F

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm
Wow did you produce that video? Awesome! I watched it at least 10 times to see the bangs girl talk about her alien lover. This is very nice idea. Wish I had thought of it first.
edit on 12-6-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: (no reason given)

Um which one? I like bangs...and aliens...
Never mind I saw it and a little too um "spaced out" for me LOL
edit on 13-6-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker84
If I had the ability to, I would transmit a exact replica of my own DNA blue print.

I can be cloned and then put on a different planet with a bunch of other female clones for the sole purpose of human reproduction... (Actually that's not a bad thought... lol)

The possibility is endless but I'm sure quite a few people would be uncomfortable with this idea.

id sign up for that being a hot blooded male

dont like the human burger bit though

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join