It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Humane" officer guns down a litter of kittens in front of children

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Some of my best friends are cops. What this guy did was just inexcusable though. He should have at least not done this within earshot of the kids. That's just common sense. It has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. In addition, he actually broke his state's animal cruelty laws, as they are written.

He must have trained with this guy....

(thought this needed something light).....

edit on 13-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
GRRRRRRRRRRR !!! What I'd give for 5 mins alone with this POS!!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Well, the kitty killer was cleared of all wrong doing. The Chief figures it was as proper a way to euthanize them as anything else.

Landon said that Accorti should be fired and charged with animal cruelty. But instead, Police Chief Mike Freeman cleared the officer of any wrongdoings and concluded that his actions were appropriate.

“After visiting the scene, talking with the responding officer and re-interviewing the complainant, I have decided his actions were appropriate and have decided not to impose any disciplinary measures for the incident,” Freeman wrote in a press release, describing the cats as having been “euthanized”. He also stated that research and animal organizations perceive shooting as a humane form of euthanasia. But Landon still believes the officer should be prosecuted

“The kittens were just sitting there,” she told The Morning Journal. “They didn’t have to die. They were only 10 months old at most and they still could have been socialized.”
Source

I've got to wonder with this....if that was a fine and proper way to euthanize the cats ...and using that word is a real loose description IMO... are they any limits? If he'd missed a couple times, would grabbing a cinder block to finish the job also have been considered perfectly reasonable? Any limits at all? I'm thinking not if just unloading his handgun in a neighborhood setting like this is deemed to be just fine.

I think in all fairness here, the homeowner is being unrealistic in ONE thing. The cats were not surviving this, regardless. The shelter was full, no intake was happening. No animal control officer is taking them home with him. They aren't PETA, after all. Still.... There is a way to do things and a VERY definite way NOT to do things. He was so far over the line, IMHO, he couldn't tell where it was.

This is like Hudson Foods having a big turkey sale at 1/2 wholesale price to the public. Well, everyone would LOVE that, wouldn't they? Then you get there to find it's the kill/processing plant. Errrr... Okay... Ya.. whatever.. Then get walked through the initial kill room in full production on the way to get your 1/2 off turkey. Well, Golly, they could argue ...You got your turkey didn't ya? Nice and cheap too! ....You just end up wishing you'd never even thought to respond at all.

edit on 14-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
It's a good thing this didn't happen around my house... Cause I would huff, and puff, and blow his house down. Cause let's face it, the only way people learn is when there are consequences to their actions. The only thing some people understand is pain. It's the only language they speak, so you have to speak to them in their language. It's just basic logic in its simplest form. I don't ENJOY speaking in that language, but what other choice do you have when everything else you try is reacted to as if you were speaking gibberish?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This story isn't going away so easily. Yesterday, they were discussing it on a nationally syndicated radio talk show on one of the main stations in the area here, and this isn't even local. More and more outlets are going to pick up this story.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I never liked kitties anyway.

And you know. On a side note. That's not very friendly. Have you ever seen a kittie do that to a human being? I think not. I've seen them reach behind their heads while laying on the living room floor and pretend like they didn't see the fried chicken you had in a bowl while watching TV and knock the bowl over, then then jump to their feet and attack the chicken, but I've never seen a kittie walk up and execute a person.
edit on 16-6-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by Diabolical
No words to express.

And btw, these kittens, were not feral cats. None of those kittens stood a chance to become feral.

You know this...how?

Please enlighten us.

They were kittens, just like little kids. They were not full developed to learn or survive like an adult in the wild.

Doesn't take genius to figure that out.
edit on 17-6-2013 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

What show was that from? I remember that from the old days.

Showing my age.

Too funny.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join