It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan - NSA Phone Records Monitoring Is 'Creepy'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
That's an understatement ... but I'm glad he said it.

Paul Ryan - NSA Phone Records Monitoring Is 'Creepy'

The National Security Agency program allowing a blanket monitoring of phone records is "fairly creepy" former vice-presidential candidate Paul Ryan says.

"To do a blanket dragnet nationwide — that seems to go way beyond the scope of the law that I'm familiar with called the Patriot Act," the Wisconsin Republican congressman told Racine-based WRJN-AM radio.

Ryan said he understands that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court needs powers to go after suspected terrorists and the people that they are communicating with, but revelations that all records are swept up seems to go too far.

The one good thing that may come out of all this .... there are both Republicans and Democrats who are flabbergasted and disgusted with the government spying on us all, and maybe they will leave their parties and take a bunch of people with them. Perhaps (and this could just be wishful thinking on my part), we will have a boatload more of Independents and Libertarians in the next election. That would be excellent fallout from all this.

If they don't leave their parties ... perhaps they'll try to clean them up? I don't know but some of these folks are really not happy with the spying. (I don't know if it's because the spying is wrong and they know it .. or if they have something to hide and they realize the government has that information and can blackmail them ... or both)

Ryan seems to be leaning toward the thinking of Ron Paul and few others on this. He didn't take up the battle cry of 'traitor' against Snowden like others have. Good for him.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Ryan know it all the way ..this is acting

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The thing about the dems and repubs being taken back by all this is a laugh in and of itself. THEY already knew about the program.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Of course, our elite politicians believe they are "in the know" about such matters, that they are in superior positions of authority than the "American People" at large.
Little do they suspect that ALL of them AND their families are on the "constant surveillance" list.
If YOU were operating a clandestine intelligence organization, wouldn't you keep tabs on your overseers and bosses - especially when they are dependent on the organization to be forthright and honest in their disclosures.

ganjoa

top topics

join