It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of the BOXES

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Them BOXES, them little race boxes you get on questionnaires or paper work you have to fill out to join something E.g:

White British
Black British
British Caribbean
British Indian

And so forth. Why do they have them? What difference does it make? What the'F is its purpose? For the past few years I have been on a crusade against these boxes, questioning the person who gave me the paper as to why it needs this information - To me, all they seem to do is breed conflict, and its not like I'v lost touch with reality of racism but there is no actual purpose to this f$%^%$ question.

I have a grandfather who is from St Lucia, another from Ireland, a Grandmother who is from England and another from Puerto Rico - Wheres the god damn box for that then EH? I'm 4 quarters and my daughter now has Scottish in her, wheres her box? Or do you not get a dedicated box when you have more than two nationalities in your blood?

I'm sorry for the rant but this winds me up. Does anybody even fill these out? Do you rant at the people giving you it like i do? Or am I just looking too deep into things? Or do people agree that there is something more sinister to this box?

Rant over

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I had to fill one in the other day, I just tick them all and write Human next to it.
Once I had to do a course and filled it out like above and they sent me a new form saying I didn't fill it in correctly so I did the same again and they just accepted it lol
edit on 12-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

As an Amercan, it is interesting to see that other countries are plagued by these irritating questions too.

I think these boxes are ridiculous, the only reason, I think that they are there in the first place is "to discriminate". For example, if you are in a discrimating category, they can now discriminate against you because of it, or if you are not in a discriminating category they can now discriminate against you if you don't fit the criteria.

Either way it discriminatory, and if the question wasn't there in the first place, it wouldn't be an issue at all(no discrimination)The applicant would be decided on (completely) by everything except for his race, which is the real way to not discriminate.

I hope I don't get fined for the over-usage of the different versions of the word "discriminate"

edit on 12-6-2013 by StarsInDust because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2013 by StarsInDust because: Because I type too fast

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by n00bUK

I had to fill one in the other day, I just tick them all and write Human next to it.
Once I had to do a course and filled it out like above and they sent me a new form saying I didn't fill it in correctly so I did the same again and they just accepted it lol
edit on 12-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

That is a great way to handle it!

It seems odd that we are reminded by the government to be colorblind, but they want to put us in boxes!
I am lucky. I can honestly check three different boxes.
edit on 12-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I never check any of those boxes. If someone is so interested that they just absolutely HAVE to have a box checked they can take a look at me and try to guess. Most forms (at least in the US) make that part of questionnaires optional, so I opt not to pick a box.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Ha! Great minds. Whenever I've had to check of a box under Sex I've always written next to it something like "not recently" or "3 days ago" or whatever strikes my fancy at the time.

new topics

top topics

join