It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain and Russia heading for a new Syria ‘Cold War’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Not sure us Brits can ignore whats happening in Syria any longer. It seems to me that 'Cameron' wants to get us involved in a new Cold War with Russia!

I wonder how this will turn out, considering our troops are already at War in several other Country's!

I can only hope that this is false info coming from 'The Sun' and if not, wil this be the Catalyst for all out War?

I'm no expert on Political War Games, so it would be cool to read your predictions on this one.

DEFENCE chiefs have warned the PM about a new Cold War with Russia after revealing the Kremlin has sent “tens of thousands” of troops to Syria.

Moscow has been secretly building up military advisers and technical experts in the war-torn country, intelligence officials have learned.

Many are manning tyrannical leader Bashar Assad’s Russian-made air defence systems.

Their presence means David Cameron’s plan to arm Syrian rebels would lead to a direct confrontation with Russian leader Vladimir Putin.

Read more: www.thesun.co.uk...

YES, I KNOW THIS IS FROM 'THE SUN' NEWS ONLINE BUT DOES IT REALLY MATTER? IF ITS TRUE, THEN WHO CARES WHERE THE NEWS IS FROM?

edit on 12-6-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/6/13 by JAK because: Mod Edit: External tags added. Please see Using external content on ATS

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I would say britian should stay the fcuk out of it before Russia decides to park a missle defence system in Ireland

edit on 12-6-2013 by mykingdomforthetruth because: misspell

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
its not the start of some new cold war rather its just a proxy war between a whole bunch of states who want to retain influence over Syria

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mykingdomforthetruth
I would say britian should stay the fcuk out of it before Russia decides to park a missle defence system in Ireland

I also hope we stay out of it.... we get involved in everything overseas, yet we have let the enemy into the UK!

We have people from all over the World living here, so to have WAR now would be silly considering we want everyone to live together on this Island!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Bah, the Sun warned of all this way back during Kosovo in 1999 - even going so far as to egg our boys on to open fire at Pristina Airport when the Yanks sent us in to seize it before the Russians got there (even the Yanks wanted us to shoot and General Mike Jackson told them to bugger off)

Nothing major will come of this, aside from a continuation of the proxy wars the Great Powers have been fighting for 200 years. It's just geo-politics and jockeying for power.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

A rather silly comment - why and how would Russia get Ireland to agree to that? And it wouldn't save them from UK nukes in the event we needed to fire them anyway, as all of ours are on subs.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
There are many other countries involved, not just Britain and Russia. There is also Israel, USA, and Iran.

As stated in previous posts above, this is a proxy war, not a cold war.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Exactly - and of all the sides in this conflict, the one the "West" is on is probably the best for the people of Syria. Unfortunately,. as it stands, the other sides have better backing at the moment because of Western hand-ringing.

There are three sides:

1 - Assad/Government who are supported by Iran (and Hezbollah) with Russian technical help.

2 - The Pro-democracy lot such as the FSA, with backing from the West and some backing from Qatar and Saudi.

3 - The Sunni extremists - with overt backing including weapons and salaries for soldiers from the Gulf States, including Qatar and Saudi and from other extremist militant groups abroad.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Well the new cold war is not in my name!

Infact if Russia ever invaded the UK I would welcome them and give then any assistance needed to reach whitehall and remove our wretched goverment and all our MP's and hopefully replace them with new ones.

PS dont get me wrong I love Britain but I despise its goverment. I think our goverment is a bigger enemy than Russia.
edit on 12-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I thought Ireland ''considered'' itself a neutral country......?

No worries though because if they did then as part of the Irish population now....i'd just go and unplug it...

PDUK

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Really? You'd betray your own country to let the Russians role in and allow them to place whoever they saw fit in Downing Street?

I can assure you, whatever you think about our Government, it is much, much better than what the Russians have.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Pffft what they would do is come in, remove all the current politicians then replace them with MP popular with the people but pro russian then leave hopefully takeing the former mp with them to lock away.

No point takeing and holding onto a country againts its will. Better just remove a unpopular goverment and replace it with a popular but pro russian one.

Betray my country? What is there to betray? Our goverments being doing it for the last 30 odd years and there seems to be no sign of that changing.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

You clearly need some sort of civic education!

The country isn't the Government. What you would be doing is betraying your friends, family and neighbours. Whatever you think of the Government, the fact you would comfortably betray us to a foreign power without so much as a twinge of guilt is sickening and is every much as bad as the Government you say is doing the same, if not worse.
edit on 12/6/13 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

You clearly need some sort of civic education!

The country isn't the Government. What you would be doing is betraying your friends, family and neighbours. Whatever you think of the Government, the fact you would comfortably betray us to a foreign power without so much as a twinge of guilt is sickening and is every much as bad as the Government you say is doing the same, if not worse.
edit on 12/6/13 by stumason because: (no reason given)

Then what hope does the uk have? If someone does not remove our goverment then our country is dead. We cant seem to remove them ourselfs can we? Our democracy is broken.

And i never said i would do it comfortbly either. Nor unconditionaly. If they were here just to remove our current peices of scum then fine, if here to stay then no.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Also would you really lay down your life to protect the peices of scum that reside in whitehall?

Would you honnestly guard waterloo or westminster bridge while they sat quivering in a bunker working out how much taxpayers money they can take withthem if they escape?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

There are three sides:

1 - Assad/Government who are supported by Iran (and Hezbollah) with Russian technical help.

2 - The Pro-democracy lot such as the FSA, with backing from the West and some backing from Qatar and Saudi.

3 - The Sunni extremists - with overt backing including weapons and salaries for soldiers from the Gulf States, including Qatar and Saudi and from other extremist militant groups abroad.

I pick none of those sides. I pick

4 - Stay out of it, and let them do what they will.

Looks like the French are itching to get in there though.

"We must stop this progression before Aleppo. It is the next target of Hezbollah and of the Iranians," Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said on France 2 television.

And if they do, watch Paris burn.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Also would you really lay down your life to protect the peices of scum that reside in whitehall?

Would you honnestly guard waterloo bridge while they sat quivering in a bunker working out how much taxpayers money they can take withthem if they escape?

I dont know about Stumason but me?? Why should I stand and fight against another country that I have no quarrels with?

I would like to see those in Power go to the front line first.... once they have near enough killed eachother, the rest of us could go about getting this World back to the Paradise it once was...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Originally posted by crazyewok

Would you honnestly guard waterloo bridge while they sat quivering in a bunker working out how much taxpayers money they can take withthem if they escape?

I dont know about Stumason but me?? Why should I stand and fight against another country that I have no quarrels with?

I would like to see those in Power go to the front line first.... once they have near enough killed eachother, the rest of us could go about getting this World back to the Paradise it once was...

^^^ ditto

I dont know why we have war now. Surely to settle arguments we could put the politicans in arenas and make them fight to the death to settle disputes out that way.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

What he said. Britain has absolutely no business interfering with affairs in Syria. Russia has numerous pre-existing military contracts with Syria, and they are obligated to fulfill those contracts. That is no business of anyones except Russia and Syria.

There would be no need for missiles. Russia would simply stop supplying the UK with liquified gas. Britain would be on it's knees within days. Probably be the nail in the coffin of this god forsaken thing we call a government.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I personally believe this is to get in Obama's good graces. He recently has not been too pleased with Cameron with the whole EU thing (That is for another forum)

If Cameron can show Obama he is sticking it to Russia (Trying to) then maybe Obama may want to have a cup of tea with Britain again. US + UK relationship is good, but it's not BFF's. I personally see Cameron needing to get Obama back on his side.

Surely the US would love to see someone getting all up in Putins grill?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join