It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: I’m worried that the government might kill Edward Snowden with a drone

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
washingtonexaminer.com...

“I’m worried about somebody in our government might kill him with a cruise missile or a drone missile,” Paul explained. “I mean we live in a bad time where American citizens don’t even have rights and that they can be killed, but the gentlemen is trying to tell the truth about what’s going on.”

I think this pretty much speaks for its self.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I liked what he said about people being conditioned and this act needing to be a wake up call - with lawsuits that maybe can begin to put confidence back into the people. Also - polls mean little to me that come from media outlets. They can skew the data where they want it and results sounds manipualtive; like a set up to say most americans say like being spyed on to gain supportmfor this view. Which poll is this is what I want to know.

Turns out it was a PEW study and represents the view of 1004 adults questioned. That's hardly representative of the American people.
edit on 12-6-2013 by Dianec because: To add

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Wow. So... just today the following news articles are out there.

Sales of George Orwell's 1984 up 69% on Amazon

ACLU Sues over NSA's Phone Records Program

AC LU Suing Obama Administration Over Phone Records Gathering

Contractors Under New Scrutiny After NSA Leak

Etc. etc. those were stories I got from The Examiner (a conservative paper, by the way).

There are more stories coming out, and Turkey is still having Civil Unrest. Unbelievable. At any rate, I can't keep up with it all

edit on 12-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
What they are trying to say he could sell secrets to Russia? What is this fantasy land?
Why would Russia pay for information they already have ??

Although I have lost all faith in RP as a politician (who gives up super easily *cough conspiracy cough*), he is mostly correct about everything he says verbally.

I don't trust him and I am constantly on guard wondering about what his true agenda is.
I could say I feel betrayed by his actions.

It would actually take a whole lot for a redemption in my eyes. Like exposing something bigger than PRISM.
RP if you are reading this and you are honestly not a bad guy, you know what you must do now to pay back the karma you took.
edit on 12-6-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

No one can keep up with Chaos my friend.
Not even the so called elites.

That's what we must embrace in order to gain the upper hand as individual human beings.
Embrace chaos. It is our first taste of freedom.

Fear is poison and it will consume those who hold it.
Hatred and vengeance are as well.
So don't let the chaos freak you out.
Stay safe and play smart.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Soon, people will realize they were idiots for not voting in Ron Paul, even if they won't admit it.
Repubs agreed with him yet ignored him and voted status quo. Libs kept their hive mentality and voted for the "cool guy". He's not so cool anymore,(Obama, he does belong on a talk show tho) but the question is, will they ever admit it?

edit on 12-6-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

I don't even know who this cat is.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

What they are trying to say he could sell secrets to Russia? What is this fantasy land? Why would Russia pay for information they already have ??

i would be interested to know your reason for distrusting ron paul, not to change the subject, but i like to keep in the know on such things. can't trust words these days.

i can hear in her voice that she doesn't like what ron paul is saying. her first point was "he says he could sell the information to russia" to which ron paul replies "he also said that it wasn't his intention" then she says "he could say anything". it's illogical to take his word on the first part (his ability to sell secrets to russia) and then reject the second part (his refusing to do so).

i'm happy this man got away, and i hope more people are encouraged to reveal government corruption when it pops up.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I'm confused as well by your statement. DR Ron Paul didn't give up, but his son did before his father even dropped out of the race. In all honesty, Rand is one of the only politicians left speaking against these "powers" the president and the govt have taken upon themselves like say... tapping into millions of phone records all in the name of "safety". As I sit here and give praise to Rand for fighting against this, I still am hurt by what he did to his father.. So, as a result of his sons actions, I still don't trust Rand, but Ron? Ron took his campaign to the bitter end. Explain please.

extra DIV

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Oh dear. Poor old irrelevant Ron Paul, the paranoid conspiracy theorist's friend. You can always rely on him for a whacky media statement.

Is Edward Snowden currently located in any country where the US is operating drones? Is there any evidence that the government wants him dead? Is there any evidence that killing him would actually help the government in any way, considering the information he's leaked is already in the public domain?

Seriously folks, let's get logical here please.

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Oh dear. Poor old irrelevant Ron Paul, the paranoid conspiracy theorist's friend. You can always rely on him for a whacky media statement.

Is Edward Snowden currently located in any country where the US is operating drones? Is there any evidence that the government wants him dead? Is there any evidence that killing him would actually help the government in any way, considering the information he's leaked is already in the public domain?

Pfft grain of sand is what I think of when you post. You're the first one to show up with mainstream views to troll any thread no matter the subject matter. What you say really means nothing here, but thanks anyway.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

true makes no sense to kill him now...but you can bet your ass he can quite easily dissapear, never to be seen again.

His dissapearance would no doubt potentially play a role in Gov answering multiple charges that are about to set in. No whitness, no case.

Would be an easier way out for the Gov, than to deal with it in court.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
your whole post is incorrect and unhelpful.

how is he irrelevant when he has been talking about our country ending up exactly where it is today for decades? in two sentences, you have three ad hominem attacks. one bashing paul, the second bashing conspiracy theorists (ironically ignoring the fact that the government WAS spying on everyone. not so paranoid it seems), then finishing with another swing at paul.

Is Edward Snowden currently located in any country where the US is operating drones?

because that has stopped the U.S. before?

Is there any evidence that the government wants him dead?

the government has a motive, and the means. it also wouldn't be the first american targeted by a drone strike.

Is there any evidence that killing him would actually help the government in any way, considering the information he's leaked is already in the public domain?

to make an example of him so potential leakers think twice.

yes, lets.
edit on 12-6-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Hmm, this is a concern. I'm happy to support whistleblowers, but if this guy is a Ron Paul voter that rings alarm bells.

Paul is a radical liberal with some disturbing policies. If this guy is mixed up with him somehow, it's not a good sign. They say he's only a voter but what if it goes deeper than that?

What if he was paid by Paul to steal this information? How do we know the information he's stolen doesn't include people's personal details as well?

Why is Ron Paul paying a government employee to steal confidential information?

Yeah, we have all been blessed by your brand of "logic" by now. You have fairly well invalidated any useful contributions you may wish to add to these discussions now or in the future. Excellent work!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Sometimes I think your posts come off as someone who doesn't have experience with real-world events Sankari, but I think you are right, it would be hard for the U.S. to hit him with a drone while he is in Hong Kong, China, or Russia.

Meanwhile, does the U.S. want him dead? Much more than likely. He could still have documents that he has not released. and as an intelligence analyst, those could include records on anyone in The Executive Branch, congress, or corporations involved with corruption.

The Executive Branch probably wants to kill him as well as people in the media to cover their tracks, but have to play it somewhat safe, that is why they got the A.P. phone records, they were trying to cover their tracks.

In a news interview on the B.B.C., he said that he could have spied on the President if he had wanted to, as he had the authority.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

i would be interested to know your reason for distrusting ron paul, not to change the subject, but i like to keep in the know on such things. can't trust words these days.

Yeah if the Snowden story is even half true, I am glad he escaped and glad he revealed these programs.
I would love to see more do so.

About RP, as many know I backed RP very strongly through the last decade. I tried very hard not to make it into a cult of personality and instead focus on my own development internally, and was and still am surprised to hear that RP shares many of the same philosophies and realizations which I do.

I have never found a single political proposal he made to be in poor form. Everything he suggests has appeared to be quite positive and is in my assessment, what the USA really needs the most to reclaim it's lost glory and lead the world into a future of freedom, compassion, respect, peace and dignity.

I was totally there like 8 years ago when the Tea Party was founded by all us Internet folks, I was totally behind it too and supported all of it. It was about unfair taxation from the IRS primarily, and the original protest date was set for Tax Day specifically. It was called the Tea Party because of tax protesting.

Then I watched as the MSM totally hijacked it and turned it into Republican Party 2.0, a complete utter travesty, a disaster for our movement.

With that said...the reasons why I don't trust him? Where do I start? There are many reasons actually, it's difficult to articulate. Although he hasn't been proven to be in a secret society, he gives clues that he has some sort of connection to one. In my eyes he didn't fight to the bitter end, around the time his son flaked on him it seems to me he gave up totally and it was over. I take it personally because my freedom doesn't give up and accept tyranny for another 4 years, what the hell?

There are other reasons, and like I said I don't have anything concrete on the guy, but I am left suspicious and asking many deep questions. So I cannot help but distrust him.

His words I can trust but his motives for saying this stuff to me? Don't trust it for a second.
He may be our black sheep politician but he's still a politician.

Also forgive me for my incessant inclination to suspect grand sophisticated conspiracies and complex lies everywhere especially anything media nowadays. Not my fault, it was they who convinced me to expect this type of thing, it is their forte after all, conspiring.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Advice on being taken more seriously:

Although you did post a logical statement that "using a drone strike is completely irrelevant", your proclivity towards making insults and talking mad crap to everyone without even balancing it with nice moments where you are cool, makes you appear extremely unbalanced. This causes most people to not even read your posts.

I don't want that to happen. Try being cool sometimes and not consistently insulting conspiracy theorists on a conspiracy website (AKA Trolling on purpose).

the paranoid conspiracy theorist's friend

This is an example of unnecessary ridicule which defeats the entire purpose of your comment which is indeed mostly logical.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

edit on 12-6-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Then I watched as the MSM totally hijacked it and turned it into Republican Party 2.0, a complete utter travesty, a disaster for our movement.

yes, a sad affair. a group that supported the well being of america separate from the repub/dem paradigm subverted by those within the paradigm.

i have felt betrayal from rand paul, and i am suspicious of all politicians (i also can see how you would feel what you do), though i do not think ron paul is a part of anything. i think he gave up when he had the required 5 state plurality to be on the nomination ballet, then they changed it to 8 states right on the floor within the hour that he had gotten five. his son trying to distance himself from his father's career was also hard on him methinks. i think he's tired of it all, fighting for decades, only to see what he was fighting against win. now he is old (though not mentally), and i think he wants a respite because he knows we're heading inescapably towards massive civil unrest.

thank you for your reply, i do not find the possibility of any politician being a wolf in sheep's clothing unlikely, however i think his positions are too realistic and truthful for him to be used as an effective propaganda outlet. at least that is what i hope, i suppose we shall see.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Personally, I tend to agree with you on this whole thing with the Pauls. You have a logical way of thinking IMO when it comes down to it and I like how you articulate it in your responses. (star for your post) The only thing that keeps me un-easy is those who feel hopeless by what happened in 2012 to Ron Paul, or even feel that HE is the one who gave up, yet they still continue to support the status quo politicians. Like the status quo guys are more trustworthy? I feel entirely betrayed by the republican party and Rand Paul (even tho he seemingly IS fighting for the right causes) to the point where I can't ever in good conscience back the republican party ever again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join