It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PS4 K.O's Xbox one

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

Go ahead and try to play an mp3 with winamp on that. I had a dx4... 8 floppies to play a horrible star wars game at best.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812

I am an old-school gamer and I do like the modern advancements we continue to see, but the idea of these console manufacturers wringing more and more money from the consumers is enough to make me avoid the latest edition of the industry leading consoles..............

I much prefer the idea of shoving my moola back into my pocket, where it can stay until my ignorance leads me to some other ridiculously worthless consumer device or service that I can spend it on.

Yeah I am too, I love the new advancements and I think I am one of the few who like the Kinect. Atleast if used wisely. I very rarely ever play online because I think you are right in that most online players atleast on xbox are under 18 and more like in the 16 and under age range. I have tried it a few times and it just sounds like people like to hear their own voice on their tv's.

I have paid for gold membership on xbox but when I have done that it was like buy a month for $1 get a month free or something similar to that.promotion. Otherwise I have no desire to pay to play and it should be free. One of the reasons I don't mind PS3 charging for their service is because it's for multiplayer games only, you can still play all of the apps and stuff like that I think even the F2P games. But I don't think Sony has the servers microsoft does so I'm hoping they just use the subscriber money to build that up. They also give you free games for it too. there are 11 or 12 games on PS+ that are free right now. I heard microsoft was finally giving free games for gold members but I heard that was only until november.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KilroyRock

What?!? I did! Winplay 3 for win 3.1

Winplay 3.1

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I think I'd be hanging fire until next summer to see how this all plays out

Personally I'd rather have a next gen Xbox, because I've bought into the Xbox microcosm, and invested a lot of cash in it

BUT, there's no way in hell I could talk myself into buying the Xbox One as it stands, no freaking way.

So I'm gonna wait til next summer, see how this shakes out. see if Microsoft manage to get a control of their crack habit, stop doing crazy stuff, actually bring the xbox back in line with what we all want , ie an updated xbox 360 with some cool new features

btw is anyone else pissed off that you dont seem to be able to stand the xbox one on its side?
that bugs me if you cant do that

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by panicman66

# Specifications:
XBO: 8 Core AMD x86 CPU, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, Blu-Ray Drive
PS4: 8 Core AMD x86-64 CPU, 8GB GDDR5 RAM, 500GB HDD, Blu-Ray Drive
I hope everyone knows, the difference between DDR3 and the newer version of GDDR5 (that Sony is using) is the dif. between 2007 system memory and 2013 GRAPHICS memory. It's NOT just a pretty number. Why does MicroSchlub keep putting hamstrung, pre-obsoleted hardware in their consoles? Because they think YOU, their customer base, are drooling children who HAVE to have Halo5 or they're gonna die! It doesn't therefore matter to you that you're being sold crap at a premium price. I.E., you are suckers (to M$). IMO, that's the most insulting thing about this whole debacle.

# Power Differences:
- The CPU in both systems are nearly identical.
- The GPU in the PS4 is 50% more powerful than the XBO.
(big surprise there, I'm sure)

- The PS4 has 158% more memory bandwidth. (XBO's 68GB/s vs PS4's 176GB/s).
why? see DDR3 vs. GDDR5 performance charts

- The PS4 will allow 40% more RAM for games (XBO's 5GB vs PS4's 7GB)
see above remark. It's not just more, it's much FASTER RAM

# Size Difference:
XBO: Width: 34.3cm, Length: 26.3cm, Height: 8cm
PS4: Width: 27.5cm, Length: 30.5cm, Height: 5.3cm
The PS4 is 40% smaller than the XBO in total volume.
That's nothing new. The Xbox has always been a hunk of pig iron compared to PS. Yeah, I know you didn't mention weight, but do I have to? We all know why M$ went with a power brick.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Oh yeah don;t forget that we still live in the 1980's according to Microsoft.

Yup.... XBOXONE, a console from 2013... HAS THIS SHT ATTACHED TO IT!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by panicman66

the one advantage to xbox that I can see ( if I understand correctly) is u can dwnload your game to your console online after purchase. I have had to buy the same game twice b/c of scratched discs ,and have others that freeze often/ won't play. Sony/ all game mfg. should make it so you either a)cant scratch discs. ( use a harder plastic?/ coating?)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by theyrout2getus
reply to post by panicman66

the one advantage to xbox that I can see ( if I understand correctly) is u can dwnload your game to your console online after purchase. I have had to buy the same game twice b/c of scratched discs ,and have others that freeze often/ won't play. Sony/ all game mfg. should make it so you either a)cant scratch discs. ( use a harder plastic?/ coating?)

You can also do this with a PS3/PS4, I don't think I have ever had a scratch on a game so severe that it didn't work.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by theyrout2getus

PS3 has had that feature... since like in 2007....

Also, the CD scratch NEVER really happened to me in my life... i own CD games since 1995 (PS1), only once i had that problem with a scratched CD..... but ever since PS2 era, 2000+ never once had a scratched CD problem...

Unless you drag the CD thru mud, it will work fine

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
You know what would really destroy XBOXONE?

The Phrase "Halo goes Multi-platform"

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Does anyone know what games come out on console release? i cant seem to find any bundles to pre order and i dont want to buy the console and a few games expecting them to come on the same day and they come out a week or month later

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I can't find a complete list but I can find some games. But do a search for PS4 launch games and Xbox one launch games and you should be able to scrape a bunch of games out of the different news articles.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
and Bang!

total 180 degree turn by MSFT

if only governments etc would listen to such outcries

XBOX u-turn

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
They only changed there mind because they are scared of the ps4 it is already more powerful and having an edge with second hand games and not being online would run them into the ground...then again it will anyway its worthless now

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
sony the best

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join