It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing video of a rotating supercell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

hello

This is some amazing footage of a rotating supercell thunderstorm taken by stormchaser Mike Olbinski near Booker Texas.

I grew up n Oklahoma and have seen lots of supercells and wall clouds but I have never seen one like this.

Hope you enjoy

edit on 12-6-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I wish I lived someplace that had amazing things to see like that.
Just kidding. No I don't.
I prefer a climate that can't kill me so easily.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Excellent post, excellent footage, thank you !

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Mother Nature so beautiful one moment, so ugly the next.

I'm one of those who love thunderstorms, lightning shows, seeing tornadoes (from a distance, lol), shoveling the drive during a snowstorm (if you don't have a snow blower it's better to shovel a couple times during a snowstorm instead of after the storm where the snow is that much heavy), as well as a sunset and the clear night sky.

There's beauty in everything. Been close to death a few times so I've learned to stop in my pursuit of happiness and just be happy --especially when watching Mother Nature.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Wow,thanks for sharing. This looks so "fake" to me. But I know it's all to real. Living in Florida I've seen some nasty storms.Especially lightning that hits WAY too close.Not to mention Hurricanes.I'm originally from Pennsylvania so moving down here was a shock to me.I'll take blizzards and shoveling snow over those nasty things anyday. I can do without the Ice though.One of the things I don't miss about the North! I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that storm in your vid. Effff that.

edit on 12-6-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
Wow,thanks for sharing. This looks so "fake" to me. But I know it's all to real. Living in Florida I've seen some nasty storms.Especially lightning that hits WAY too close.Not to mention Hurricanes.I'm originally from Pennsylvania so moving down here was a shock to me.I'll take blizzards and shoveling snow over those nasty things anyday. I can do without the Ice though.One of the things I don't miss about the North! I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that storm in your vid. Effff that.

edit on 12-6-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

Yea I'm in PA and we have literally nothing to worry about besides rain and snow. Sometimes we get snow, and it's inconvenient. Sometimes we get a lot of rain and some floods, again really inconvenient (just don't live in a flood zone and nothing to worry about), the very rare tornado watch, in which it's more wind damage then tornado, because they touch down for a few sec and dissipate from all the hills, mountains, and trees that I assume cause a disturbance in it's rotation. Earthquakes, can and rarely do happen, and they are only felt by those in taller buildings, or laying in bed. For the most part I think this is a great state to live in if you want to move to avoid disasters, but FYI, PA is beautiful, people are friendly, but it is boring unless you don't mind having nothing to do for a social life.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I'd be kind of comfortable viewing from the distance this video was filmed though. I'v only ever seen anything like this in the movies, this is the first real footage I'v seen - Totally amazing thanks allot for sharing, goou111

If I seen this in person I'd think it was the end of the world
Scary

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

BEAUTIFUL! Views like that (and studying storm structure) are a lot of why I want to get in with some chasers. Not worried about getting like 10 ft from a tornado, but want to study storms up close.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

Originally posted by Phage

I'd be kind of comfortable viewing from the distance this video was filmed though. I'v only ever seen anything like this in the movies, this is the first real footage I'v seen - Totally amazing thanks allot for sharing, goou111

If I seen this in person I'd think it was the end of the world
Scary

I live in TX. We get plenty of supercells coming through, but in the city, it's hard to get a good view of them...Well...Until they're on top of you! lol

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree!

I know it is hard to leave a place where you where grew up, or where you have a solid financial connection to the area, and relocate to a new region, safer region. Even so, I just don't understand why people continue to live in areas with potentially fatal weather systems.

Maybe I am too naive. I can't imagine a completely vacant area, where the people left due to a vicious Mother Nature, but such a vacancy would be the ideal way to ensure safety and avoid potential material loss.

I have also been curious about why the region continues to rebuild their residence with little variation in construction design after complete annihilation.

If I were in charge of developing a community habitat, I know I would take a very different approach to creating a blue-print. The buildings and homes of the area would be unlike any found across the country. I think homes would be served much better if the were constructed underground, at least for the most part.

I would probably build them in a dome type design, where the entrance opens into a small 'parlor' and has another door for entry into the home. I suppose a couple of windows could be exposed, but that may reduce the overall security of the home.

It would probably look very cool too. A dome built underground, with only the top of the dome exposed to the outside world. The top of the dome would be a sky-light, made out of shatter-proof glass...

OK, I'll stop my rambling and day-dreaming. I think you probably understand what I am saying, maybe even better than I understand it myself.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Amazing,astonishing,awesome, fascinating, incredible, marvelous, prodigious, shocking, stunning, surprising, unbelievable, wonderful,beautiful !!!

From a distance.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I wish I lived someplace that had amazing things to see like that. Just kidding. No I don't. I prefer a climate that can't kill me so easily.
reply to post by Phage

With all this crazy weather we've been having, it seems like no place is safe anymore.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
That is absolutely breathtaking.. but I must say Momma don't look too happy !

Thanks for sharing
:-)
leolady

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
When was this taken? I was passing through TX this last weekend, and this looks like what I saw on Sunday morning... o_O

Ok, nevermind, I just answered my own question.. June 3rd.. It's not the same storm, but they did have a pretty nasty one last sunday on my way to KS... I was driving on I-35, going about 80 (thought I was going 60) and couldn't see about 5 ft in front of me. Combine that will all the construction that they have going on down there and you have one hell of a ride! haha. The storm (before it hit me) looked like this though!
edit on 6/12/2013 by Angelsoftheapocalypse because: addition

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Here is it here on popsci:

www.popsci.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
That sir makes my hemorrhoids feel at ease. No more doughnut for me. Imagine how Gaia feels.

top topics

join