It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate George Noory?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
When George wussed out on the Ouija board, that did it for me. He started changing the show format adding politics, scripted news etc... When he aired Dr. Morgus, it was a WTF moment. From the start his knowledge of Ufology was terrible. Then George claiming to make future predictions, that was annoying... I had to turn it off!!! I was like NO NO NO.... Lucky for us a new age of talk shows emerged on app's like TuneIn Radio.
edit on 1-10-2013 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I don't hate George, I like him more than Art Bell even but he has his moments where he's just a terrible host. For example the other day he had a guest on talking about AI and the future of robotics. To put it nicely, that was not his best interview. It really stood out to me though because it's a subject I'm very interested in that subject and he really detracted from the hour.

In general though I think George Noory is better than both John B Wells and Ian Punnit, George Knapp is the best of them all but each of them have different subjects where they're better and worse. Knapp is the guy you want with any ufo/alien story, punnit is good with non paranormal topics (db cooper, economic hitman, etc), and George is best with the crazies and the guests that have a lot to say.. I haven't listened to Wells much yet so I don't really have an idea of what his best subjects are.
edit on 4-10-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I love listening to George Knapp and JBW.

But Noory is cool if you don't take him too seriously.
I mean look at this stuff.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

I don't hate the guy either. But I don't hate anyone.

Seriously. Some of you hate some guy you never met because he is not as good as art bell?

Come on. Yeah Art Bell is better at doing that type of show but Noory is ok.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Maybe we can create a Church of Nooryism with two sects.

Left hand Nooryism(people that love to hate on GN because they feel he ruined art's show)

and

Orthodox Nooryism(people who love GN and see him as a good host despite his funny quirks)

GN may be a cyborg according to one of his own producers.
Tom Danheiser one of his producers and his call screeners claims GN is a well programmed android.
Are the "nooryisms" just programming glitches?
(maybe Tom is the robot's handlers keeping him under control and feeding him data,debugging etc)
edit on 13-10-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I certainly don't hate him. Hate is a pretty strong word.

Perhaps the problem people have with him is that he comes across as dumb and disinterested. What is amusing is that he is convinced he is really smart and in charge. Sort of a Ted Baxter of late night radio.

I think after all the issues they had with Art Bell they decided to hire someone who they could control.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

I don't hate anyone much less noory. Its just every guest host is better radio compared to him.
Syrett is better and cooler.
Knapp is WAY better for that type of show. He knows his bigfoot and UFO stuff. End of story.
Wells better and has a cool unique style.
GN is not well suited for a show like that. The tv show is much better compared to c2c.

Why?

Because he's a tv guy and knows what to do in front of a camera(used to be a tv broadcaster).

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
ON the C2C show format, all the audience has for a comeback is what the host questions the guest on. Art Bell did a snappy job, until about the last year of his show. I believe his back was messing him up. Noory has slipped downwards, and I no longer listen to this show. If George would do a reset, and do the job which Art set him up to do, I think his show would come back up. But many of his repetitive guests are only published on a phony Adventure Press imprint. They actually have a catalog of these DVD's . Neither Art nor George gave the C2C audiences enough warning about this fact, IMHO. I think Noory is aware of this and knows he will kill the goose who lays the show's golden eggs, if he comes clean.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Noory isn't as insightful as the other hosts and he doesn't ask the hard questions. Also, he abruptly changes the subject just when it gets interesting.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

Yeh at least they haven't fired/blacklisted knapp, rob simone, or syrett.

The news portion of the show is better than most of the show except phone calls.
At least the people calling would ask a relevant question once in the while.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

John_Rodger_Cornman
Why do people hate George Noory?
Never understood why people hate the guy. He is the opposite of Bill o'rielly or sean hannity.
Positive and classy(rare nowadays)to callers even when he doesn't agree with them.

Mainstream corporate news would just cut your microphone,talk over you, or edit you away etc.
His UFO content is good and he makes the show about the guest not him.

John Wells is awesome. Funny as hell.

They don't like him because he talks about the Paranormal simple as that.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Stevemagegod

You pretty much can't win with people like that its like politics everything is divisive.
It is entertainment though.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I don't hate him. I like his personality, his kindness to callers and guests alike. What I have trouble with is the fact that the show has so radically changed since Art left. It seems that George has become more interested in promoting his other work, like his TV shows, than taking the time to do the research on his guests and their subject matter.
My favorite host was John B. Wells. He's the most like Art of any of the guest hosts.
There was a time when I wouldn't miss a C2CAM but over the past year or so it seems to have turned to fluff and feathers mostly with so many guests who are helping promote the TV show rather than presenting real information on the subjects that made the show so very popular during Art's time.
Don't you just know that if Art were still the host he'd be doing entire shows with authorities on the subject of aviation right now rather than spending a few brief minutes at the beginning of the show to discuss such a vast mystery as the one unfolding about the missing flight?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by diggindirt

Like I said. Almost every ghost host is better than him at that show when it comes to interviews.

John B Wells had his own interesting wordplay thing going on that I liked. They kind of annoyed me when they let this guy go.

Richard Syrett is an expert on conspiracies and cooler than everyone including you.

George Knapp knows UFO's, organized crime, and big foot...its like your listening to a alternate universe where a normal mainstream news reporter started reporting on the paranormal and ETs on live corporate sponsored radio.

Dave Schrader is awesome his paranormal ghost investigation stuff is really good.
edit on 9-4-2014 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2014 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I don't hate him. He seems to mostly be a decent sort of bloke. He may kowtow overly much to the PTB to be running such a show . . . but that's his call.

He straddles too many fences with a marsh mellow perspective, imho, to hate him.

I just think he's far less likeable and far less effective than John Wells.

I don't like his NEW AGE perspective on stuff . . . I think that's spiritually hazardous and ignorant. However, again, on his show and in his life, that's his call.

If George cooperated overmuch with TPTB in censoring stuff on C2C without outting the whole mess, shame on him.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I don't hate George Noory. I just can't stand how the show is scripted. He couldn't do the show without the talking points. He believes anything a guests says. He never asks any hard questions. Noory can't stand people saying he SUCKS. He tried to bribe bellgab.com site into removing "George Noory Sucks" 1500+ page thread. He offered to come on one of bellgab podcasts if they removed that thread.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I still listen from time to time on weekends, especially if Knapp is hosting and I've been listening to a Back in Time show with Art. Otherwise, I'm pretty much using that time to catch up on Wells' show since I've become a subscriber to it.
I do try to catch the nights that Linda Howe is doing her reports but now I'm wondering how much longer she'll be a regular feature since the fluff and feathers stuff seems to dominate the conversations with George, always someone he is featuring on his TV show.
I suppose what I'm saying is that I really miss Art with his wit and pointed questions.
The last few shows I've heard with Noory it just seems that he asks a question then takes a nap while the guest answers and rather than a follow-up he jumps to the next obviously scripted question. I say obviously scripted because anyone can tell that he's reading the question rather than asking from a knowledge base. I don't consider that a very professional way to handle things but perhaps that's just me.
I did quite a few interviews back a while ago and when I was contacted for an interview I always offered to send the interviewer some background information on the subject. Many, many times I got back a request to formulate a list of questions I'd like to be asked. I never did any of those interviews because if a journalist can't read through a few pages in preparation for a program and formulate their own questions, why should I make up questions? It's their job for heaven's sake. I didn't send them a book, just a couple of pages with my major points outlined along with my bio.

And by the way, I've no doubt that most of the hosts are way cooler than me. I'm not really very cool at all but I do know how to give an interview. Some of the guests I've heard featured are such poor speakers that they defeat their purpose with their "you know", "uhhh, ahh," and "my point being." Take out all that silliness and the interview would have been half as long. I admired John B. for cutting a guy off early one night simply because he couldn't utter a simple sentence without a "you know" or "know what I mean." They've obviously never had to listen to themselves. It's the best training one can have for doing interviews, record one and play it back and listen to your presentation but obviously some haven't taken the time or effort to do so. Just my opinion of course.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Where to begin..... Well, for one, he's a moron IMO. He has the IQ somewhere between 44-65.
He's a coward, cannot take unscreened calls. He hates talking to callers.. he would rather talk to guests...

As for his 'guests', unlike Art Bell, which would simply have a good conversation with the guest, Georgie simply asks the questions provided to him my his minions, and runs down the list.. (Sometimes asks the SAME EXACT question twice!!)

Geez.. The guy is NOT nice. He comes off as a simpleton, and a dullard.
Just my two cents... and my opinion.

Art would challenge his guests.. Georgie simply says 'WOW!'...

During Art Bells peak, he had over 20 million listeners... Georgie has around 1 million now, and falling btw.. Radio stations are dropping him left and right... he screwed over John B Wells too.. (Because John was getting higher ratings that Georgie)... LOL what a loser Georgie is.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yeah what happened to John was kind of unfortunate. I stayed up just to listen to JBW and Knapp.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

He's not so bad...he has this strange unique voice pattern.
Noory is cool as hell when he's not asking bad questions to frauds selling books.

edit on 16-4-2014 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join