It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate George Noory?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I'm glad Art is back.

C2C was never the same.

What made Coast great was ALL the calls...........

edit on 2-9-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
George is a real professional. He ridicules no one. You listen to some of the people that wind up on this show, and there would be some hosts that would just lose it completely. Never happens with George, he politely lets anyone tell their story and even helps them out of a lot of their own self embarrassing situations.

It takes a special kind of person to work the likes of C2C, and he has mastered it. I also think that he was the only person that could have taken that show after Art left, although George Knapp may be an exception.

No, I do not think that George has many haters. Any talk show host , irregardless of subject matter, will not appeal to everyone, and such would be the case here. I am also really looking forward to Art's new venue. I do not think they will compete with each other, but rather compliment the subject matter and give us just more opportunity to get our dose of skeptical content.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Once you understand the fact he was former military and a news guy then it makes more sense.

You will never hear the mainstream media talk about the same subjects without it flowing into some joke or to poke fun at believers.

What large mainstream tv show talks about UFOs in a serious way?

They almost never talk about UFO's in a serious way even with hard evidence(non-doctored photographs,film,testimony from credible people,declassified documents).
edit on 3-9-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
George is a real professional. He ridicules no one.

Not true. I recall one woman caller going on about how mars might think we've declared war on them or something. Her point kind of valid. If Russia or China were sending probes, landers and rovers on US soil, that could be considered an act of aggression. But George completely ridiculed this woman and didn't even allow here to get a word in.

I'll admit that was a little uncharacteristic, but you can hear him do that to varying degrees.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Sometimes I start forgetting that he's George Noorwy and start thinking he's the space ghost

[img]http://wondersinthedark.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/space-ghost-coast-to-coast-from-the-kentucky-nightmare-dvd-review-20081002073324941-0001.jpg[ /img]

I really like his attitude even though he sounds like he's a skeptic about just about everything paranormal. Like, I don't know if he believes in anything but he does sound like he doesn't but loves to hear about them which I would assume there's a pretty good amount of people here that feel the same way.

EDIT: for some reason the image tag adds an invisible space. How strange.
edit on 9-9-2013 by Em2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I like George Noory, maybe because he's a familiar voice and I'm used to him. I have to agree with most of you that Noory seems a little to disengaged with the guests. It's the way he trails off on a conversation with, "Well that might be..." One thing that really bothers me is when the guest is in the middle of making a really interesting point, George redirects to a completely unrelated thought. So is this enough to hate Mr. Noory? I personally don't think so, but it probably doesn't take much if you are a true Art Bell fan.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

noory is ok, but his obsession with dreams and psychics, prompts him to bring onto the show some real nut jobs, that speak of ideas that are vague and/or convoluted. I turn him off when ever he goes into this type of program...and john wells?...one sentence sums him up for me....government bad, right-wingers are saviors.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

So who do you listen to instead?

Just wondering.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Now? "Dark Matter".

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Guest: "And that's when I discovered that there are fifty-foot, squid headed, alien entities living in caverns underground controlling society through their ability to molest the minds of all of the world leaders...."

Noory: "Uh-huh, absolutely. Well coming up after the break..."

That is what I can't stand about his style.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Yeah that is annoying.

The scripted questions are another.

Like I said before. Art Bell and JBW, George Knapp are all better at that type of show than Noory is.

Not saying the guy sucks but he's more of a tv guy IMO.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I listened to C2C every weeknight for 3 years, and IMO NarcolepticBuddha hit the nail on the head.

George seems like a nice, down-to-earth guy, and he does pretty good with the show, but I think that unless he's really facinated by a topic (such as Bigfoot), he's just not a good interviewer.

More and more he just seems bored and tired. Toward the end of my listening to him I fully expected him to announce his retirement, but he hinted more than once that he never wants to stop doing the show.

Also, he seems to always have on people who are pushing their new books, or his "buddies" like Richard Hoagland, whom I can't stand since his statements about Elenin being a spaceship on its way to Earth.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I like him. He lets people talk.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Once, Noory had Mike Bara as a guest, plugging his book "The Choice." Now, Noory was an official endorser of that wretchedly inaccurate book, his praise of it actually printed on the back cover.

He then proceeded to protect Bara by cutting off a caller who was critical of the book. The caller was sober, not hysterical, and reading verbatim from the book itself.

Noory should have been fired.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I love George & I love C2C....

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'll tell you why I don't like him... When he puts on a Quack or someone with a story that is so outrageous.. I'm looking at you Project Pegasus Boy, He doesn't even try to ask him or demand a shred of proof. I consider his show just another fictional past time like entertainment like the x-files... but the audio version... Still it helps me sleep so I'll keep the radio tuned to it.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Euphony

Personally I like Noory but am annoyed by the scripted questions.
He's a cool down to earth guy and he let's his guests talk and doesn't inject himself into the interview(something MSM does all the time). He's the opposite of a psychopath.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

John_Rodger_Cornman
reply to post by Euphony

Personally I like Noory but am annoyed by the scripted questions.
He's a cool down to earth guy and he let's his guests talk and doesn't inject himself into the interview(something MSM does all the time). He's the opposite of a psychopath.

I'm much rather listen to a psychopath that will question some of the BS claims the guests make. That's the reason I won't listen to Noory or buy any of the books he shills. I'll pay money to subscribe to Art or Knapp but Noory is a detriment to C2C imo. My local station dropped him in favor of "Red Eye" radio.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I like George Noory quite a bit; never understood the animosity towards him, either. He seems to be a really nice guy and I've yet to hear him disrespect a guest or caller. Occasionally I hear him kind of run out of questions, asking something he asked earlier or something so obvious that's already been answered it makes me chuckle, but generally he's on the ball asking what people will want to know from a guest. Doing this night after night with similar types of guests could wear on anyone a little.

I love Art Bell, he's really sharp and quick, but that doesn't mean that George is bad just because his style is different. Art will rake people over the coals if what they say becomes too incredulous or inconsistent while George sends up smoke signals by getting quieter and "mmm-hmming" a guest. If what a guest says is too convoluted, George realizes giving them enough rope to hang them self by just letting them talk is punishment enough. The listeners know what's up when that happens.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Red Ice radio is really good.

I like it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join