It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate George Noory?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiouswa
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I'm glad you brought this up. George Noory's IQ is too low to host the show. I say this with all due respect. He does zero research or background (reading about them, coming up with intriguing questions, etc). He is the host and it's his job to come up with compelling questions. He botches every interview and it absolutely drives me crazy!

I agree, the man doesn't know a thing about anything. A guest the other night asked if he knew what the Turing Test was, and poor George didn't have a clue. He can be condesending at times too.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
George Noory is GREAT. He's an excellent host for the Coast to Coast show. The only problem I have with him sometimes is that is usually never lets anyone finish their story. He'll just cut you off and continue on. Which kind of shows that he doesnt care. but hes still really good, I personally like John B and George Knapp

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I personally dislike his radio show because of his style. He will ask questions and lead the person to give the answer he wants. Examples like "Do you think this has anything to do with the pyramids? It has to right? Tell us how it involves the pyramids." The next time you listen to the show watch for this, he does it non-stop.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You would think that people would understand that there is only so far that you can go on mainstream, corporate-owned media. I think for what they do... Coast to Coast AM and George Noory are great. I agree that seasoned researchers may not find the program as engaging but for those who are just starting to considering alternative ideas that fall outside the mainstream box, this program is tremendously helpful.

I am constantly reading new material on various subject matter. I've been into this "genre" for almost 20 years. I still listen to Coast to Coast and Noory almost every single night. Even on a bad night where it's all ghosts, shadow people and psychic pets, it's still more enthralling than your typical local newscast.

And, for those who live in and/or around the Toronto, Canada area... George is coming to Toronto on June 29th with special guests David Hatcher Childress, Richard Dolan, and Alex Jones (AJ via Skype). I'll definitely be there and hope to see some fellow ATS members.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I cringe every time he asks a guest if they think people are acting "strange" he asks almost every guest, almost every night.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I missed your question last nite. It is amazing isn't it.

They have a beef with the guy G, and all mainstream media and the particulars you pointed out, and I will include Fox, They probably don't have much of an opinion!?, or they may like them. Amazing isn't it.

There are no people on TV in some type of media having a show I believe in or listen to except one person and she is a woman. No she doesn't have anything to do with The View.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PRS395

Most corporate media is totally unwatchable. I'd rather watch the history channel and learn something instead of being pimped by a corporation selling me "wholeness" .

FoxNews(NotNews) is at least talking about some of the crimes the executive branch is doing because they are extremely neocon biased and that's what they are pandering to. Micro$oftNBC or CorporateNN will not report on that at all.

What news channel do libertarians have? RT? TYT?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I can honestly say I don't hate anyone, especially nobody I don't even know.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I was actually listening to coast to coast last night and i noticed what your talking about. Its almost as if hes not interested in whats going on, like hes not even paying attention to his guest.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

He interviews kind of like larry king does. He tries to make the guest the star of the show. Not him.
Its not the 50's. You can't interrogate guests and expect people to come on your show. People would avoid your interviews and just go to a produced scripted mega-corporate sponsored show on network televison.

Your not ever going to see real hard hitting interviews anymore no matter what show it is. Not going to happen.
Corporate news will not interrogate a guest like they used to. You really have to have a big audience to get away with that. Most avoid it and just have scripted questions,scripted gestures, and scripted answers.

No one cares about him. Its his guests and the information that is reported. Kind of like Alex jones and infowars. TPTB hates Alex Jones because of the information he spreads.
Killing him would just make 20 or 100,000 alex jone's.

If GN reported like alex jones did they would drop him from multiple stations for serial thought crime offenses.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I like George, perhaps I have even grown to like him as much as Art. The only one I do not like is Ian...

So........... I............... Was.................. Um................... Thinking................

His never ending, sentence breaking, odd pauses between thoughts/words compiled with his insatiable appetite to hear himself talk just kills every single interview he does.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

A good interviewer gets out more informaton though dont they? Usually Coast to Coast has people who need air time for anywhere. There isn't a lot of mega stars going to coast to coast. I get what your saying though for sure.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I know why I dislike Noory, I'll explain at the en of the post but I too was curious why the majority of people dislike him so I did a google search which explained he writes books to obviously plug and sell on his show all of his books have bombed, just look at the Amazon reviews.

To summarize from memory Noory writes boring autobiographies and puts a flashy new age title on the cover, the reviews were pretty standard that there was nothing new age-ish in his books, no secrets, no mysteries, no interesting stories, just a boring autobiography from one of the most boring men in radio.

Just go go amazon and search George Noory and see for yourself, his books are 100% rubbish. He specifically wrote them for a 'dumb audience', so his opinion of his own audience is obviously low.

Now for my personal reason for disliking Noory, the guy has no style, he has no sense of showmanship, the difference between George Noory and Art Bell is night and day, one has style, one has showmanship, one has unscreened calls, one doesn't, now the closest thing to Art Bell I can find is a fill-in guy for George named John something, who also does unscreened calls.

Art was simply brilliant, smart guy, quick-witted, great interviewer, asked great probing questions, Noory is the exact opposite, total idiot, or at least he plays the role of an idiot well, apparently dim-witted, horrible interviewer, asks the most mind numbingly boring questions it's no wonder the guests don't have interesting answers.

Unscreened calls attract interesting callers, that's a fact, the crazies? They are the most interesting of the interesting. Noory's screened calls? Let's just put it this way, trying to get in you have to first talk to a screener, the screener will literally lie to you and cut you off, they told me "I'm sorry we're not taking any more calls from people talking about that", and then for the next 10 minutes they continue to take calls on that subject. It's like talking to a radio screener of soup nazis, if they sense even the slightest bit of interesting-ness they will immediately cut you off. If you are as boring or even more boring than the host they'll let you in, resulting in a coma inducing show.

Lines drawn, Art Bell drew a clear and distinct line in the sand when he said his show is not about politics, and if he ever mentions politics it won't be the subject of the show but just some passing news, I listened to art for over 10 years and I think he only broke that rule 1 time when he went on about Liberatrianism. It's one of the major reasons the show was so fun, it was a break from politics as usual literally! George Noory apparently loves to talk politics which is why it's the subject of many a show, if it was ever a rule with Noory which it is not, he would have broken it hundreds of times, politics and the paranormal don't mix very well when you're talking about what Obama's spokesman said the previous day, it becomes monotonous.

Intellect & Expertise. Now I don't know what Noory's expertise is other than having a decent radio voice, but it clearly is NOT the paranormal. Most of you probably don't remember this, it was about the 2nd week George Noory was on the air after he permanently got the gig to replace Art. About on week 2, George Noory gets a caller talking about Roswell, the UFO Roswell crash (kind of famous, kind of the #1 most famous UFO event in earth's history), the caller talked about Roswell for about 1 minute and George interrupts and asks "What's Roswell?". No joke, dead serious, whoever Noory is/was he previously had ZERO experience with paranormal subjects or even INTEREST for that matter which brings me to another point, Art Bell was clearly INTERESTED in the subject, whereas George Noory PRETENDS TO BE INTERESTED, there's a big difference, and the listener can tell, but if you have never listened to Art Bell for a while you won't have much to go by to judge in comparison. Noory is a hack which says "fascinating" when he apparently finds the whole subject bogus, Art also found many subjects bogus, but at least he didn't pull "fascinating" out of his bum every 5 minutes when passing the time, he'd ask INTERESTING questions!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I wish it came on earlier than after midnight, because I fall asleep during commercials so I don't usually last through the first hour. (I can't subscribe because I don't own a credit card so couldn't even check out the two weeks trial without one.)

Art Bell was on the other night, first time I heard his Paranoid Line. I laughed so hard at one call wherein someone was sharing how a friend of his received a warning message from his fridge I think it was. When Art finally asked him how he knew he'd escaped the danger, the guy replied, "Because his fridge had warned him about it and he avoided it!"

On a more serious note, I find George really kind and respectful to everyone and that's a priceless quality to have. I tend not to listen in on vampire nights or when the topics are of no interest to me, but I usually manage to catch it a couple of times a week. About his style, people go on his show just like they do on Leno or Letterman because they are pushing a product. His interviews, just like theirs, usually try to bring out the content of the book or film. I don't see why he should be hard-hitting or antagonistic to his guests.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I listen to C2C every night. I love JB Wells.

I agree with what many of you have said about GN. He just seems fake. Like he really doesn't give a crap, or, like he is just humoring people. I always laugh when he tries to tell a story or present an analogy in relation to the topic that is waaaay off. The guests are probably like, "Did this dude listen to anything I just said?" LOL

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
What news channel do libertarians have? RT? TYT?

Libertarians are suckers for big government propaganda channels.

They watch RT and PressTV. And they believe everything they see.

They'd never watch TYT.
edit on 16/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I don't watch TYT,RT nor do I watch tv.

and I am a libertarian.

Guess your wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I stopped listening when he politicized a paranormal show. Now it is just another Clear Channel, right wing echo chamber pushing the talking points of the hour. You can hear the messaging throughout the broadcast if you pay attention with an open ear.

Art Bell rarely did this and usually went to lengths to separate out politics from the subject matter.

On a positive note, Knapp has been able to keep with the original format and his broadcasts really do justice to the subject matter.
Then again, he is actually a journalist..

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
George is a pretty good host imo. Now Art Bell he was the best of C2C.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Love George. He's a good guy. Coast to coast is a great show. Keeps my sanity at work.

At times, I wish he would dig a little deeper and ask some tougher, in depth questions, but...he's miles above everyone else. He's on the right side and he truly Is helping to deny ignorance!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join