It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate George Noory?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Why do people hate George Noory?
Never understood why people hate the guy. He is the opposite of Bill o'rielly or sean hannity.
Positive and classy(rare nowadays)to callers even when he doesn't agree with them.

Mainstream corporate news would just cut your microphone,talk over you, or edit you away etc.
His UFO content is good and he makes the show about the guest not him.

John Wells is awesome. Funny as hell.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Hes not so bad. I think people think hes boring. Most are to busy comparing him to Bell to just take him for who he is.

Coast to Coast is still one of my favorite shows.
edit on 11-6-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I love George. He seems like a good guy: he is nice to people and lets them speak. There was another guy, Punnet, I could not stand. He came across as self important, and always interrupted people. George seems humble.
edit on 11-6-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
He just doesn't seem enthusiastic about his show anymore. He just seems to pander to the guests and push the advertising too much.

It's hard to get excited about the show when George lobs up his softball questions to his guests.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I don't mind Noory at all. Seems like a decent fellow, for what I can tell.

However the show C2C, I have never been able to listen to it. I would have it on for 5minutes then just turn it off in frustration because almost everything said came off as utter BS. I'm not saying it just sounds like BS, I'm saying I can easily outargue it and reveal it as BS through elaboration of facts and principles.

Maybe I just tuned in on all the weirdo nights, and missed all the serious stuff? Hard to know when they have thousands of hours of content and I cannot handle 5 minutes of it to get into it.

And this is really ironic and funny too because I am kind of a jack of all trades about these topics and I am hard-core into finding out about this stuff and trying to determine what it means and what can be done about it.

Maybe that's why I am so resistant to it? Because I am so well versed in many of these topics? Because often times what we have are false topics masquerading as legit deceptively attempting to purposely mislead others on various issues. It's all over ATS and anywhere really. I can recognize many of these false topics for what they are and already know a ton of reasons why it's deceptive and misleading.

With my luck, they probably cover all sorts of good topics daily, and the one time I decide to log in it's one of the poor topic nights...who knows?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
What, is this like Nickleback? I like George, people think he is boring probably due to there is no scandal in his life. He is without Drama, is honest and does care about more than himself. Listen during Christmas Eve and other holidays.

He has good skills in communication, meaning he is a good listener.
Can you imagine all the people and many of the crazy's that call every nite, and how you would deal with that, short of hanging up?

I do wish he would be, lets say little more forceful at times and to speak out more, he tends to stay on the fence to appease masses, but, can you blame him.

I dig George Knapp and (guy with deep voice)(forgot his name) , I think they are both awesome, serious, to the point and interesting, and enjoy most of their topics. Both are not afraid to call a spade. My kind of guys, with guts.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
He just doesn't seem enthusiastic about his show anymore. He just seems to pander to the guests and push the advertising too much.

It's hard to get excited about the show when George lobs up his softball questions to his guests.

I prefer the hardball Qs. That lets us get somewhere and it helps us decide what's up more efficiently.

But at the same time, who would tune in to listen to someone like me domineer and over-argue everyone in a aggressive manner? I would enjoy it and laugh a lot, but most people are far too sensitive and would be put off by such a themed show for many reasons.

Also a large amount of BSers would refuse to come on such a show and allow someone like myself to rip them a few new ones.

I wouldn't do that to everyone. There is actually a lot of people I can agree with at least partially.
But in this community we have a lot of shysters and con artists so you have to be on your guard at all times.

There are a lot of reasons I don't bother pursuing such a career though, mainly because I would be offering a service almost no one would be willing to buy. At least here on ATS I can post whenever I feel like about whatever, with no deadlines or constraints. And everyone can equally reject my offerings, while I won't waste more than a few minutes invested into it.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

And this is really ironic and funny too because I am kind of a jack of all trades about these topics and I am hard-core into finding out about this stuff and trying to determine what it means and what can be done about it.

I pasted this wrong. I with you on this. I don't want fluff, I want to dig into the meat of the story or topic, It is hit or miss, some days are great, others, are not.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PRS395

How do people hate him but not the MSNBC parrots, Corporate News Network, or Bill "the interrupter" O'reilly?

Don't understand it.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PRS395

Can you imagine all the people and many of the crazy's that call every nite, and how you would deal with that, short of hanging up?

Noory must have nerves of steel or he gets paid really good to deal with it.

Because I cannot stand it, drives me up the wall I tell you.

I would probably bite their heads off and make sure if they ever call back it better be with some reasonable content.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

*In his best George Noory voice,* "Tell us again where we can buy your book, muzzleflash."

I don't hate him or the show. I just think it has more potential. George is no longer the flagship interviewer/ journalist in my opinion. George Knapp, Ian Punnet, and John B. Wells should be in the hot seat more often.

edit on 11-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PRS395

Groundzero,Red ice,Max igan and AJ is more for hardcore government document validated conspiracies.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ecapsretuo

Eon Punnett I got to the point where I couldn't listen to him anymore. Didn't take serious topics seriously, His topics were terrible to put it lightly. I couldn't take him seriously.

Now, I do think Mr. Punnett is a very good person and has great credentials, you have to separate business and personal.
There is nothing to say bad about the man as a person. This is most important.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I'm surprised to hear that some people dislike George Noory. I think he's a wonderful host. He's very kind to his guests and his callers. He conducts his interviews with warmth and professionalism --- I dunno what's not to like?

I agree some of his guests are cuckoo, but they're nothing if not entertaining!

I also really like George Knapp. He seems like a good guy and I enjoy listening to his interviews.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I will have to check it or them out. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I would be short with most of those people, to put it politely. I am one to not beat around the bush.

I am most, lets say, annoyed, when people waist my time!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

*In his best George Noory voice,* "Tell us again where we can buy your book, muzzleflash."

I don't have a book but here is the secret: Read all the books you can, learn as much as possible.
Take pre-conceived beliefs, flush them down the toilet.

Learn about what is "claimed" , and attempt to either articulate reasons you agree or disagree, honestly examining why you come to such ideas. Be willing to speculate alternatives without committing to any of them rashly.

Oh yeah, and "IF" there ever was a "God" that "created us", than clearly the way to communicate is through the internal 'hot-line' set up within us all, the heart. Seeking answers from other men who are as equally misled and ignorant as yourself is a foolish tactic.

Tap into your mind, and tap into your spirit.
Blah blah blah, and it's all FREE! No cost, no conversion, nothing fancy like that.
Just educate one's self and try to be reasonable, it's hard but it's worth striving for!

People could figure this out on their own with common sense, they don't need gurus or churches or cults or religious beliefs or anything. They just need themselves.

See: Not only will people not pay for it, I won't even take $ for it, I am giving it free because I actually want to see improvements in Earth society pronto. I haven't got time for people to save up $ to learn how to improve civilization.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
All the C2C presenters have their own style. I like them all but I think George Knapp is the most insightful and intelligent. He's probably also the one most grounded in investigative techniques.

It all depends on the guests, too.

There's several sites on Youtube that tape the whole show without commercials and make it available the next day; I don't know if they're legal or not but they sure save time and sleep.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Noorey seems a hollow man.
Hes comes off as a Dufus whos read up on te subject but has no feel for it.
I dont think hes the spark that lights my nightime listening...yet i do listen in time to time.
The material the listeners present usually pretty drab or wierd.....
The guests you dont get elsewhere often so..i.put up with george....

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I'm glad you brought this up. George Noory's IQ is too low to host the show. I say this with all due respect. He does zero research or background (reading about them, coming up with intriguing questions, etc). He is the host and it's his job to come up with compelling questions. He botches every interview and it absolutely drives me crazy!

I've been a paid subscriber for years. I listen daily, but his interview techniques are probably the worst I've ever heard.

The producers of the show need to give him part time and interview someone to take that show to the next level!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join