It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe Alarmed by U.S. Surveillance

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by EA006
reply to post by onequestion

Did you read the last line of that card about things being unaffected by the NWO card????

Do you think this means that it involves someone outside of the NWO, or who is manipulating the NWO?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The conflict between European Privacy laws and those of US is not new!
Here is one interesting article that outlines a bit-
‘La difference’ is stark in EU, U.S. privacy laws

Some examples of differences-
-Personal information cannot be collected without consumers’ permission, and they have the right to review the data and correct inaccuracies.
-Companies that process data must register their activities with the government.
-Employers cannot read workers’ private e-mail.
-Personal information cannot be shared by companies or across borders without express permission from the data subject.
-Checkout clerks cannot ask for shoppers’ phone numbers.

The reason that privacy laws in Europe and the U.S. are so different springs from a basic divergence in attitude: Europeans reserve their deepest distrust for corporations, while Americans are far more concerned about their government invading their privacy.

“In Europe the first line of defense against private wrongdoing is the state,” said Joel R. Reidenberg, privacy expert at Fordham University School Law School. “In the U.S. our instinct is more liberal: Let private actors sue each other.”

But there have been some major conflicts already, in the past, that just didn't get much press in the US it seemed-

- A post-Sept. 11 data sharing agreement that provided U.S. authorities with 34 pieces of information on each airline passenger entering the country on flights from Europe was ruled illegal earlier this year by the European Supreme Court. The dispute threatened to ground all flights into the U.S. from Europe until the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the European Union announced a settlement on Oct. 6.

- In June, the New York Times revealed that U.S. anti-terrorism officials are mining data from the Belgium-based Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications (SWIFT), which regulates most international banking transactions. Belgian officials opened an immediate investigation. Such data mining would be considered illegal under Belgian law.

- In the late 1990s, e-commerce between Europe and the U.S. almost came to a halt after the EU’s Data Protection Directive barred transfer of data to countries without comprehensive privacy protection laws. By EU standards, the U.S. falls far short of the requirements. Two years of negotiations ended in a "safe harbor" agreement promising privacy controls on EU data that flows into the U.S. Complaints about the system persist, however, from both sides.

edit on 13-6-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

So, it seems the US in alienating everybody now a days..well in a more "in your face" kind of way than usual. Not only is mining for info on those servers violate our privacy, it violates international privacy. I wounder how this is going to play out.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
you know back in 2000 there was a massive report by the EU about the threat of the ECHELON spying network.

nothing changed.

nothing will probably change this time either.

all countries spy and all countries know that they are spied on.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This is the big joke, that through Internet security agreements, Europe was the US's ally in the snooping. The alarm is bogus, just political formality.

One day the people of the world today will find out that a requirement for world leadership, in conferences that are secret, is that the nation has a system specifically for spying on its people and reporting it to other nations. This is how you get government security global coverage, through cooperation... could be that New World Order agenda.

The computer manufacturers were not allowed to make the hardware they did without permission from governments that wanted to engineer a way to break into it in the name of national security. Engineers got paid in envelopes full of cash to keep their mouth shut about the designs against the secrecy of the computer users. This means, it's in all the computers, not a browser, not a website. The website blame is a misdirection to push a false safety measure, likely to get a global security initiative.

You know what they will deny it because they're military and it's their objective to deceive. From their denial you're going to get a bunch of fake stories and projects and names to distract. You know why they're canning their own project? Because people are unplugged now, their CPUs don't plug into an outlet connected to a city grid, they are all into the wifi now. The program went obsolete, and this Snowden is an engineered character to scrap their program.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
well for the record if any of the EU's are reading,
Normal Americans are alarmed at what the govt is doing as well!

We do not agree with it or support it. Our govt is gone ramped and
has turned into a freak show.

Our only hope is that some how we can bring it down without bloodshed.
Although the way things are going who knows if that is still possible.

I'm a American, but i am ashamed of what our country has done. It is wrong
on so many levels.

Every day something new comes out that makes me hang my head that much
lower. I use to be very proud of the country and how in general they did things,
but since obunghole took over, we have been on a downward spiral in a death
throw. Its almost like they want to destroy the country from within.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

In the right hands I have nothing against surveillance indeed I work in it on the corporate side but when government body's lose there centricity and end up being run by corporate interests it is always going to lead to unethical use of those body's.

What I am trying to say is everybody if saying America spied but it really was not America but the most mercenary and none patriotic of entity's the corporation's, they may have taken America over but the American's are every bit as much the victim here and if it suits there interest those same corporations would seek to destroy America as indeed they may be now doing.

Let's uncross our wire here, not America but International corporate body's CURRENTLY bases in America are responsible for this level of corrupt misuse of authority and they would happily relocate to Europe or Asia at the drop of a hat if it was in there interests, there are actually a few very wealthy powerful individual's whom through surrogate and proxy control 90 percent of the world's wealth and it is they whom are ultimately responsible.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwtrucker

I agree totally! Yet the thread was on surveillance itself, not on the misuse of it.

Well the surveillance had to happen one of these days with how networked everything is, I guess I'm glad that it is out in the open so people can talk about it and make sure it is used effectively and protects privacy.

It's a lot better than there being secret surveillance with little or no oversight. But as another poster said, if corporate interests are behind the surveillance measures, it will lead to no good (I'm not talking about the tech companies, more like other corporations that want more power and money).
edit on 13-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Europe will be Ok with it once the USA and Israel let the EU know that we are just trying to make sure they are safe too because we love them. Thats my guess

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join