It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe Alarmed by U.S. Surveillance

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

There's widespread anger in Europe about the reports that the US accessed personal data from leading internet companies, if the fiery debate at the European Parliament is anything to go by. Commissioner Tonio Borg said the EU wants a "clear commitment" from the US to respect the rights of European citizens when it comes to data protection.

He said the commission would raise the issue with the US at a meeting in Dublin on Friday. The German MEP, Manfred Weber, said it was "completely unacceptable" that the US has different rules for its own citizens and those of other countries.

A Dutch MEP, Sophie In't Veld, criticised the commission for failing to protect EU citizens. She said the reports of surveillance cast doubt on the special relationship between Europe and the US. But the British MEP Timothy Kirkhope warned against knee-jerk anti-Americanism, saying "friends listen most when you talk and not when you shout."

BBC: Europe Alarmed by American Surveillance

Events have been set in motion.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Events have been set in motion.
reply to post by darkbake

What do you think will happen?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Good, blowback is a good thing.

all i can say is...

edit on 11-6-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
BBC Alarmed

Then why dont they say something about all these damn cameras that they shove in our faces

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Their pointing the finger as a distraction and probably making fun of american politics in a serious but funny way.

link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
BBC Alarmed

Then why dont they say something about all these damn cameras that they shove in our faces

they already know something big going to happen

link   

BBC Alarmed

Totally agree. Pot, meet kettle.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by VoidHawk

Their pointing the finger as a distraction and probably making fun of american politics in a serious but funny way.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

A Dutch MEP, Sophie In't Veld, criticised the commission for failing to protect EU citizens

i like dutch women

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This is absolutely great. The US gov could give a rats a$$ about anything we say about this trampling of our rights. But other countries, yeah big time blow back (we can hope anyway.)

I hope they nail Obama to the wall for doing this.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Bassago because: clarification

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It may just be a good time to posture
( it can't do any harm )

I wonder...
Its the end of his ( obama's ) second term
he has advanced the agenda as far or farther then he was expected to do
so, scandalize scandalize scandalize

then...expect a republican majority....

edit on 11-6-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I actually agree with you on this one Dan.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

BBC Alarmed

LOL, good point, we have them here in the United Stated too, more and more going up!
The problem is nobody notices as they put them in quietly! In 2009 I started to notice here in the valley (around Phoenix, Arizona) they started putting up very small tubular cameras at nearly EVERY intersection that has a traffic signal (no matter how small the intersection is) these aren't the unconstitutional automated "Red Light" cameras I am talking about, these are very small cameras with microwave yagi antennas!
Since microwaves are line-of-sight and the Yagi antennas directional I might see if I can tell where they are pointed. Most likely to a Cell Phone tower and from there, I don't know!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It's good to know Someone is alarmed because most American people don't seem to be!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
... as if other governments around the world arent doing the same thing.

You really think Berlin, London, Paris, Prague, Ankara, Tehran, Canberra are not using the same tools and methods to monitor peoples online activites? Turkey, Syria, Iran all invaded twitter, facebook, youtube during their uprisings. You dont need the NSA!

Everyones doing it, this wasnt anything new.

Anon didnt 'leak'anything PRISM was publicly available information.

www.theverge.com...

Google, Facebook, Amazon all their CEO's are invited to the Bilderburg meetings for some time now, surely none of you were so niave to believe that the government wasnt monitoring Facebook, Google, Youtube, Myspace?

I think they are making such a big charade over this PRISM crap for soemthing coming up quick smart. Why else would other governments now be jumping on the anti-NSA bandwagon?

edit to add, if your so paranoid that your online content can be recorded, then simple. Turn off your laptop, your mobile phone, your smart TV and close your bank accounts... but you wont will you? because you like ATM cards, you enjoy facebook, you like movies on youtube and you're addicted to the internet.

Did anyone really believe they were anonomous online when almost everything asks for your name, date of birth, location?

Me? If this was one person tracking me personally online i'd be concerned. Because he's focusing on me.
But if multiple groups were recording data on millions upon millions of people I couldnt give a rats. Because in the scheme of things even learning my name is a waste of time and I'm pretty sure they're watching specific types for specific reasons. So unless your in that catergory of 'should be monitored' calm down and take a toke!
edit on 11-6-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Did you read the last line of that card about things being unaffected by the NWO card????

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I haven't been thinking clearly for a while, have you seen any of my posts since they put me on generic medicine for my O.C.D.?

Also, I knew or assumed about all of these surveillance programs. The question is: why were they leaked, and what other information was leaked from an N.S.A. source
edit on 11-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Good, blowback is a good thing.

all i can say is...

edit on 11-6-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

Damn. ! How do they know this stuff????

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Speculation

There is a bigger picture here. I thought about it. I know a lot of Americans are apathetic to world events becaus they don't think it effects them. Everyone else has experienced Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Apartheid, you name it, they know that politics affect them.

Why would Europe care? Because of what I said, and because they think the N.S.A. was spying on them, as well. Americans think they are immune, but they are not. The reckoning is now.

The guy from the N.S.A. went missing, rumor has it he may have defected to Russia or China. He was an N.S.A. operative. His documents may not *just* include how the intelligence community works.

If he had access to the N.S.A. archives, if I were him, I would have stolen as much Intel as possible on my way out to expose as many people as possible.

I'm assuming they also have information in them about massive amounts of corruption in the Obama Administration, corporations, and congress.

Although television news media will continue to try and brainwash, newspapers like The Washington Post and The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal are pissed because Obama tried to get the A.P. phone records in order to cover his tracks and get their sources, he knew what was coming.

From the B.B.C., I learned that over two dozen feature stories are going to be coming out of this leak, all pursued fully, and like I said before, I bet you anything it will expose corruption in The Executive Branch, in congress and in corporations.

I still think the government and corporations need to be held accountable for their actions against the people they represent and the customers they serve.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

More speculation

My guess is, if congress is smart enough, they will move to try and impeach Obama (if they are complete retards and don't do this, then they will be powerless) while Obama will try and track down as many people as he can using Homeland Security forces, and try to stop the impeachment proceedings, all hell breaks loose.

Then we are talking about speculative stuff like Civil War and also World War breaking loose, depending on whether these energies are dealt with in another manner or not, they are not going away, and they are only accelerating, so ...

That's what I think happens unless it is dealt with. We already have people pissed off at corporations and American politicians.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join