It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado burns again!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Maybe a week or a month before the Waldo canyon fire there was a press release from the dhs on the subject and it was on one of the stations there maybe krdo or koaa?

I found the issue of inspire magazine I believe, but I'm not going to download it.... The link goes back to the CIA.

publicintelligence.net...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I just have to say that I think this little snippet i found is really cool.. Anyone from the area will know how cool this is. Flying W Ranch was completely destroyed in the fire last year and have been working to re-build ever since. I just read this:

Animal rescue effort for those with horses in the Black Forest area:

9:16 p.m. Sheriff's Office reports Flying W now taking horses. They are in need of hay. Call 499-2324 to arrange.

gazette.com...

They haven't even re-opened yet.

edit on 12-6-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
I just have to say that I think this is really cool.. Anyone from the area will know how cool this is. Flying W Ranch was completely destroyed in the fire last year and have been working to re-build ever since. I just read this:

For animal rescue efforts for those with horses in the Black Forest area:

9:16 p.m. Sheriff's Office reports Flying W now taking horses. They are in need of hay. Call 499-2324 to arrange.

gazette.com...

They haven't even re-opened yet.

yeah when i heard that on the news earlier i thought that was awesome of them.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Well, I'm a bit shocked that the MSM is actually picking up on this. It took them more than 3 days to pick it up last year. This Black Forest fire is no joke, but it's not worse than last year yet by any stretch or even on the same scale...yet... Either way, I'm glad it's on the front page at CNN.

www.cnn.com...

Also, an update on the Royal Gorge fire - some 800+ prisoners from a Canyon City prison being evacuated to another prison as a precautionary measure. Just heard on KKTV channel 11 that it could take until Friday for the evac to be complete. Wow. That's Way too long IMO!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
gazette.com

Just a quick update.... The number of destroyed homes in Black Forest has climbed to 360, surpassing last year's record setting (for Colorado) Waldo Canyon fire.

Another sad June for the Pikes Peak region.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

Wow that is a big jump from the numbers yesterday, thanks for the update. I wonder how much of the Black Forest will be left after this..

edit on 13-6-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Indeed it is quite a jump... And the assessment was at 2am, so it is bound to keep climbing I'm afraid.

On its present course I also fear for the eastern part of Monument. There is a near constant source of fuel in that direction...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

New evacuation orders issued for parts of Colorado Springs: Mandatory Evacuation Area A-1: Northern Boundary: North Gate and Old North Gate Road - Southern Boundary: Flying Horse Club Drive (to include homes south of Flying Horse Club Drive on Barossa Valley Road and Veneto Way)/Vine Cliff Heights/Equinox Drive/Serenity Peak Drive - Eastern Boundary: Highway 83 - Western Boundary: Voyager Parkway Voluntary Evacuation Area A: West to I-25 and all areas north of Old Ranch Road within the City limits of Colorado Springs not included in Mandatory Evacuation Area A-1.

www.kktv.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
well it seems the black forest fits its name now. lol ok bad joke

this fire is bigger than i thought it would ever get, just the other day my cousin in law lost every thing he owns. he had time to round up his sheep and other animals and get them out to safety. also got a few important things packed then left. he said he was watching the news and they had the camera focused on his house while it was burning.
so sad.

on a lighter note fire fighters rescued fawns from the BF fire. they are being relocated to a rehabilitation center till they are adults. then will be released back in to the wild.

( link )

thought i would add this what they said on the tv, "two dead 15700 acres burned, around 13000 homes evacuated, around 750 fire fighters and its 5% containment
edit on 13-6-2013 by NISMOALTI because: thought i would add

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join