It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luciferian Kanye West's delusions of being divine

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Norse tradition is the same old story . . .

Odin hangs himself and is reborn ----> death and rebirth
Odin drops his eye down to the bottom of a well and becomes "All seeing" . . . . Ol' One Eye . . .

Loki the trickster with power over flames (hey more illumination !) is going to be released from his prison with the serpents below the Yggdrasil tree of life (Kabbalic tree o' life) and bring about the Ragnarok . . . or was that Armageddon?

I am talking about the principles behind the pretty stories.

Sorry if it offends you but there is a singular theme behind all of these religions.

EDIT
If you can't handle being offended then you are not ready need to grow up.
edit on 12-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

Ok, challenge accepted!

While I do believe there may be some cultists out there ... I can't see everything being a 'sign' nor jump to conclusions.

Here is a leap in the OP imo;
Daft Punk 'Romanthany' and Nicki Minaj's Roman 'personality'.

Would you say all people named Roman are cultists? Would all people from Rome necessarily be cultists? Was most of the Roman empire part of this cult?

Where do we draw the line between coincidence or chance?

The same goes for pyramids. There was car dealership in my home town that ran out of a pyramid ... were their hyundais part of the illuminati conspiracy? Or is it just an interesting shape to some people? (and yes, the top secion had a glass skylight that mimicked the 'eye')

When is it just people jumping on a bandwagon? When is it just something 'cool' people see, like 'Oh! that thing on the $1 is cool looking'? When is it them playing into cult culture, without being a cultist? Especially ones that don't take it seriously?

When are lyrics just lyrics? Does every song have to be taken literal? Can't music follow some of the same issues that iconic imagery follows as well? Would you believe every rapper that raps about selling drugs, is actually on the street selling drugs? Do you think Ozzy believes he is made of iron or is in reality Tony Stark?

When you combine various artforms with publicists and corporate greed ... you can end up with the combination of catchy imagery, intentional baiting, and all sorts of things for positive, negative attention ... or to catch your eye, thoughts, imagination for a brief moment.

Nearly all performance artists, perform; usually under a persona. Look at Garth Brooks. He did that Chris Gaines thing to market a different demographic. When you look at 80s 'hair bands' ... or heavy metal ... do you think these people aren't putting on a show? Like Kiss with the makeup?

In an episode of 'Top Gear', Richard Hammond (short presenter with whitened teeth) was driving an off-road vehicle, in excitement he shouted 'I am a driving God!' ... does that make him part of an illuminati conspiracy? Does he really think he is a god, or is he using a metaphor to express an idea?

What if an agnostic says this? Surely they wouldn't be referencing a specific religion's god.

What if Kanye meant he is a Roman god? Greek god? Sumerian god? Aztec god?

What if he just means he is god of his castle (crib?)? What if the women or men he sleeps with tells him he makes love like a god? cooks like a god?

You want to draw lines and conclusions.

If I sang these same lyrics and posed for the same pictures ... would you assume I'm a Luciferian? How do you determine who is and who isn't? Who is just playing the game of sales and who is a cultist?

A lot of people claim they are 'Christians'; but they don't follow the path of love and acceptance, they don't cast away greed and selfishness; they can't get away from pointing fingers and hate/fear mongering.

So, with the flimsy basis of what a 'Christian' is ... Kanye is as much or more of a 'Christian' as most of the ones who profess it.

If you found out Kanye has a secret 'personality' that he disguises himself as someone else and does lots of good works and donates tons of money and resources to the needy ... his works and disposition in society was much more noble and productive than your own (not judging you, purely an example) ... would you still find the same hate for him? Would he be a more valued member of the faith than you?

You cannot see in someone's heart, therefore, you cannot judge their book by its cover.

Famous people, try to let you see only what they want you to see. Being bigger than life, is what sells for a lot of artists. Especially ones without pure, raw talent (ex: Pavarotti). Rap is the biggest example of this. Before 'lil wayne 'blew up', the whole cash money thing was about flash and bling 'oooh look! shinies!!!' for people to gawk at. Just like I watch 'Top Gear' to see cars I can never buy; I may never own a vehicle that costs over $100k new ... but I sure as hell can enjoy the entertainment value of the show.

That is what rappers do ... they put on a show. Ice-T used to rap about 'cop killer', then he played a cop on 'Law and Order'. He is neither a murderer or a cop, nor was he born with that name. It is a persona. Same with L.L. Cool J. Not all artists live behind such a veil ... but most do. And for good reason ... privacy.

Music is an escape, a form of expression, a muse, and many, many other things ... for both the artists and the listeners.

You are free to believe what you wish; but understand why there will be criticism in these threads. Even if you are right, people should question what is put forth to 'deny ingorance' ... with a positive attitude without insulting author

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

edit on 13-6-2013 by optimus primal because: edited because it added nothing to the discussion

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli

Norse tradition is the same old story . . .

Odin hangs himself and is reborn ----> death and rebirth
Odin drops his eye down to the bottom of a well and becomes "All seeing" . . . . Ol' One Eye . . .

Loki the trickster with power over flames (hey more illumination !) is going to be released from his prison with the serpents below the Yggdrasil tree of life (Kabbalic tree o' life) and bring about the Ragnarok . . . or was that Armageddon?

I am talking about the principles behind the pretty stories.

Sorry if it offends you but there is a singular theme behind all of these religions.

EDIT
If you can't handle being offended then you are not ready need to grow up.
edit on 12-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

Just as some clarifying points. Odin did not die on the world tree, he impaled himself upon it with his own spear gungnir for nine days and nights, again symolizing the 9 worlds of yggdrasil. At the end of that time he gained the knowledge of the runes. As for his eye, he plucked it out and tossed it into mimir's well to gain the wisdom of the ages.

Loki is a trickster, he is a giant. he's not a fire giant though to my knowledge. The serpents that dangle above him in his prison dripping poison on him, which causes him immense pain have no part in ragnarok. Jormangander does, but he fights Thor.

As for ragnarok, it is the doom of the gods. Many will not survive, but the world does not end.

Yggdrasil is the world tree, it holds the nine realms.

You know just enough to support your own beliefs, but not enough to really know what you're talking about. Certainly many points are in contention by scholars, but you're pretty offbase.

This is why people condescend. You barely know what you're referencing. That's fine, few people can be experts on all religions, heck I'm not an expert on my own religion, it's complex and much of it has been lost because of christian purges.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Fair enough.

Can you explain the point those stories were attempting to get across? What was the point?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

It's almost 3am so I wont go into detail with everything. They are all morality tales, or adventure tales.
For instance, with Odin hanging from the world tree. He put his life on the line, he respected all nine realms, all for knowledge. Odin over time took over Tyr's role as god of war, but the big idea here was that knowledge is power and it's worth a sacrifice. Same for wisdom, giving his own eye for it, all the knowledge and power in the world is useless without the wisdom to use it properly.

Loki is a trickster, he's neither good nor bad, he just is. He represents chaos and order. He is like most people you will meet, you must judge them by their actions because they can be tricksy like Loki.
Well, more specifically the Jotuns represent chaos and the gods represent order. Loki is the son of two giants, but he's also a shapeshifter(part of his trickster nature) and kind of wiggled himself amongst the other gods and became one himself. He's almost never shown as a Jotun.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
nice thread

research and observation seems to suggest that luicifer runs this joint and this is by design of God to separate weeds fr wheat...

the origin of the word "sin" is fr archery: "to miss the mark"... this is separateness from God, imo

so yes, be an occultist or a deist or a shaman... but you will likely develop egoic paths that miss the mark further and further...

the obvious answer is Christ and His teachings... live by them the best you can...

the media is influencing you if you listen or watch it, and even if you don't, as language and clothing styles change...

the symbol of a pyramid, while not conclusive proof of anything, is typical for an industry not shy about its satanic/fallen angel motifs... check out Roger Morneau, Earthquake Kelly, MArk Cleminson or Walter Veith... on how the game is played here... deals are being made.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Oh I get it. He's pulling the Adam Kadmon stuff. Where the divine is Michael or Jesus, or something like that. Other people saying this in public would be accused of having a psychotic delusion of some sort and fed horsepills until they zombified, but call it art or music expression and it's okay. Maybe it's actually religion; whatever, he's just channelling someone.

The magazine cover was shocking; I can't believe he was a sucker for that sort of symbolism from the media who promoted him. Whoever does his music videos, that's the house that's needing scrutiny; through it all the man is a pawn and he's being dressed up and paraded around for money.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
I do not understand why people allow themself to become distracted by these "artists" and their antics.

You do know that "they" fed off your attention, right? Your actions here are actually helping their "agenda" because you spread their manifesto by drawing attention to them.
edit on 11-6-2013 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

Can we all agree with this, once and for all?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Kanye West has been talking about social issues since his "College Dropout". I like how he is going back to that in "Yeezus".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join