It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Admits Boston Training Drill Involving Backpack Explosives Planned Months Before Marathon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

storify.com...

I lived in Boston for work during the explosion. The controlled explosion was to destroy a suspicious device.
edit on 6/12/2013 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

In this video the adress was established. It was Boylston st.

I couldn't find the page on the BostonNews site though.

And from the link in the post above me,

BREAKING NEWS: Police will have controlled explosion on 600 block on Boylston Street

edit on 12-6-2013 by Tribunal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Take the drill that even described the type of skull and bones symbols they were to be wearing, and add to it the L.A times article that describes intelligence of a possible bombing at the finish line several days before the marathon. link . Pretty obvy what kind of picture this is painting, but please keep pointing out that the drill wasn't supposed to happen for two months after.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
never mind... already posted by another member.
edit on 12-6-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Thank you for at least looking! Most members would have just gotten snarky with me for asking.

I like to follow the information and I haven't seen others state about it being a drill. But if it's out there, I would love to read it! (or if the reports have been scrubbed, that's interesting too)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by raifordko
To all you idiots who keep using the "BOSTON GLOBE TWEETED ABOUT CONTROLLED EXPLOSION" are showing why so many people don't believe conspiracy theorists. You dilute the truth by being #ing retarded.

storify.com...

I lived in Boston for work during the explosion. The controlled explosion was to destroy a suspicious device.

So they blew something up at the same location where the real bomb exploded? Dilute the truth huh?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
double post

edit on 12-6-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Its on record that big recent attacks in the united states and europe had similar training drills going on the day of the bombings.......goes back all the way to the fbs in russia in the 90s being caught loading an apartment building with explosives presumably to blame on chechens ,after being caught red handed they said it was just a training drill.......guess it could be good cover and just Standard Operating Procedure

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975
Take the drill that even described the type of skull and bones symbols they were to be wearing

From the Boston Globe article, underlining mine:

Free America Citizens, a home-grown cadre of militiamen whose logo would be a metal skull wearing an Uncle Sam hat and a furious expression, according to a copy of the plans obtained by the Boston Globe.

Now, how does that description mesh with the "Punisher" logo branded hats worn by a couple of Massachusetts National Guardsmen at the event?

I don't know about you, but I don't see any "Uncle Sam hat wearing metal skull" in there.

, and add to it the L.A times article that describes intelligence of a possible bombing at the finish line several days before the marathon.

How do you reconcile intelligence of a possible bombing with it being a drill? Spies spying on spies? Someone involved in the conspiracy who blabbed early and then shut his mouth?

Pretty obvy what kind of picture this is painting

I think your "clear picture" is a lot of conjecture and invalid assumptions.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well, we can't have no stinkin "free" amerika the fakt that they would name the fictional culprits that is enough to lay the agnda wide open

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribunal

Can you tell me what was mentioned something about the museium on the day of the bombing ?
Where is it located?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

It's in the video I just reposted.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tribunal

It's in the video I just reposted.

Having troubles with playing videos, along with the sound gone, on this computer. Some one said they would get it fixed; but I am not holding my breath.

I do appreciate your telling me. I will download and pay it later on a good unit.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I'm going to check out the claims first, I just read a claim that the controlled explosion was not at the same spot as the bombings.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
...Thank you for at least looking! Most members would have just gotten snarky with me for asking.

I like to follow the information and I haven't seen others state about it being a drill. But if it's out there, I would love to read it! (or if the reports have been scrubbed, that's interesting too)

Thanks for asking!
I misread your request, and spent too much time locating the reports of the "second sweep" (which, by the way, was reported to have occurred approximately 1 hour after the first marathoners crossed the finish line)...then, realized you were asking about the "continued" or "repeated" announcements regarding "calm &/or alarm".
This thread points to external sources...and claims that they specify multiple "announcements"...but, I believe you have to "sign up"...and I don't want to... But - here's the thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Still looking for "where" I read it (and, I hope it isn't a video...).
Thanks again.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Ok, the guy in the video shows the tweets of the controlled explosion happening at Boylston st across from the library.

The adress is Boylston 673, he goes on Google Earth and shows it is in the same area as the bombing, at the finish line.

And this is correct. Across the street from the library on Boylston st.

I have to add that the building is pretty wide so it could´ve been at any point along the building.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Wow seems like all terrorists follow the tactic of using drills and all know when the right drill takes place. Riiight very suspicious again, this is no coinsedence.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tribunal

Ok, the guy in the video shows the tweets of the controlled explosion happening at Boylston st across from the library.

The adress is Boylston 673, he goes on Google Earth and shows it is in the same area as the bombing, at the finish line.

And this is correct. Across the street from the library on Boylston st.

I have to add that the building is pretty wide so it could´ve been at any point along the building.

OK. The library is on Boylston St. --- the finish line is on Boylston St.
If the runners were moving toward the bottom of the wording "Finish", they were going from right to left in this picture. The first explosion was on the right side of the street, when watching the runners approach.
Am I correct so far?
This would put the first expolsion somewhere in front of the library, if it was within the same block. Would it not.
I am saying all this because I have never been able to pin down exactly where the bomb was sitting.
It was susposed to be near a store but blew the railing next to a mailbox back into the crowd.
I only hope I do not have the two explosions enter-mixed and confused. This is not my intension.I jus want to get a clear picture in my head.
Another thought. Could it be that the store in question shares the same building as the library? Don't have answers, so I ask questions.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Quick reply, this year they came across the finish line from the "wrong" side, they came from left to right if i'm not mistaken.

At least I noticed earlier that the finish line was upside down in pics from the runners direction.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

From that map the runners would have been coming from the left side. They approach the finish line from the West headed East.

The easiest way I find the location of the finish line is to look for Marathon Sports (671 Boylston Street). That store is located right at the finish line. The second bomb was in front of Forum (restaurant) located at 755 Boylston St.

The New York Times has a good interactive kind of map that helps also.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join