It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schiff: 2/3 of America to Lose Everything Because of This Crisis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
reply to post by edmc^2

Let me see if i've understood this properly...

The banks say they are going to collapse unless the country bails them out to the tune of Trillions, because they are felt to be 'too big to be allowed to fail'...which in turn causes the collapse of small businesses, medium businesses, large businesses all over the country and to cap it off, it looks as though the entire country is going to collapse...my question is, how is it that the banks are considered 'too big to fail', but not the entire country?

Take the money back from the banks, either in full (collapsing the bank) or order all banks that had their hands out, to pay the money back at a rate of 50% of their total annual profits.

If it's a choice between the banks or the country collapsing, the banks have GOT to go.

Yep - this is the case of how do you save the patient while trying to eradicate the "virus" when the "virus" is the patient.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

This is true, but somehow I doubt that even with all these unprecedented death devices with the economy crashing we will kill off the world's population. I believe that even if these devices are unleashed on the populations of the world, we will still have survivors and their world will be that much worse to live in. The remaining elite will just round these survivors up into their fiefs and force them to work for their luxuries (feudalism or in other words the Dark Ages)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The joke is on us.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The greatest lie ever told was making you people believe we (America) is broke.

This kind of hype is why most rational people call others on here 'doomsday wishers'

You proclaim to not trust the Government - but you latch right onto the negative things that parts of the Government says, as if it were gospel. You don't distrust the Government - you just hate anything positive.

America is not broke - it's just that our wealth is being syphoned off by the elite....by having us convinced we are broke.
edit on 12-6-2013 by MrPlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by edmc^2

This is true, but somehow I doubt that even with all these unprecedented death devices with the economy crashing we will kill off the world's population. I believe that even if these devices are unleashed on the populations of the world, we will still have survivors and their world will be that much worse to live in. The remaining elite will just round these survivors up into their fiefs and force them to work for their luxuries (feudalism or in other words the Dark Ages)

One thing for sure that's going to happen - no matter what band aid they can come up with this OLD system of things is doomed to fail . We're now beyond the point of no return.

Interest can't stay low and feds can't stop printing money. Gold is losing it's value, mistrust is growing while corruption from top to bottom is rampant.

Time to simplify!
edit on 12-6-2013 by edmc^2 because: Time to simplify!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I was talking to a client of mine today, they're a gold company.

He said the sudden drop in gold price was down to some economic report in the US telling people to get into retail because it was booming (don't quite see how anything can be booming when everyone is broke).

Anyway, in the space of 4 hours gold had plummeted.

So my theory is that this is one of the last "land grabs".

Get people to sell their gold and buy what will become worthless stocks.

This further pushes down the price of gold.

The elite sell them the duff shares, and then use that money to buy the gold at knock down prices.

When the next economic report comes out saying retail is bad, then those shares drop like a lead balloon, and gold goes back up.

The rich have then extracted the last store of value out of everyone else.

Then it'll all collapse - when they have all of the gold, because what else is a store of value?

Paper money isn't, bank accounts aren't, stocks and shares aren't.

Only gold.

And this is the last roll of the dice to mop up as much as they can before it all collapses.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
So what, it's just stuff.

I have already lost 9/10ths of what I did have, and am trying to get rid of the rest.

Why are people so terrified to be free?.

A lot of people just don't know what to do without a yoke on their backs.

You are owned by your possessions, nothing is everything.

Nothing is Potential.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I know this link is to a humor site, but I have found they research their threads a far cry better than most sites do.

As I always do with these doom and gloom sayers, I will take this with a grain of salt.

Besides, if I lose 2/3 of everything I have, 2/3 of nothing is still nothing

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hi guys,

The system we live in is driven to a certain extent by human imagination - a theoretical system by which humans are to survive and continue (and dare I say flourish). When we talk about collapse, we have to keep in mind that we are speaking of the system as it currently stands. Is anyone going to change this? Couldn't tell you. If *they* do change this, will it be any different? Couldn't tell you that either. Are people in the *have* category going to give up their hard earned position? Not highly likely.

Yes, I do agree that we appear to be in a system that is driven by stop-gap measures - but this is what any system driven to desperacy would be expected to do - and yes, I do believe that the safe-guards are keeping people relatively unaware of the harm that they are temporarily avoiding.

As for reasoning your way out... The generations of the future will highly likely be dependent on people who reasoned their way out in more than just a very small number - additionally, it is critical that there would be *NO* fatal flaws in the reasoning employed by that group - in a world headed to chaos and confusion - that is going to be extremely difficult - especially difficult where chance plays a huge role. Eg: avoiding getting run over by an invading army in a chaotic future, or not being able to depend on electricity in that future (especially if there is a nuclear war), or avoiding human psychiatry breaking under the pressures of that future.

Nevertheless, I find it interesting that people say that the past predictions of doom have failed and therefore there is no eventual failure in sight. It reminds me of a patient who has all the symptoms of heart disease saying that he will never have a heart attack, because the doctor can't predict the date on which his heart attack will occur.

Just thought I'd add my two cents.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by Observationalist

The problem with property is that a) most of it is leveraged meaning borrowed money and if the cost of money (interest rates) increases then the value of property will have a tendency to go lower. At some point the lower dollar will result in higher valuations (inflation) but that is because of the currency not demand. Also, the government (mostly local govt in this case) has the power to tax. "The power to tax is the power to destroy" and the government can increase property taxes (not to mention excise wealth taxes for a second home, taxes/penalties for not being green or energy efficient enough or even sales taxes) on your property. Property tax increases will certainly be one of the first things that local municipalities turn to when their cash flow dwindles.

imo you've hit the nail on the head. Even when I clear my debt, I will still be up for what we call down here in Oz, council rates which we have to pay 1/2 yearly or yearly. They have just upped the rates and in the future I can see this happening on a larger scale. so even if someone is debt free, own their own propery and even self sufficient, they will still be in the clutches of government due to its ability to simply impose more and more fees and taxes. There will have to be a complete change of the system to be able to free ourselves of government control.
However, with so many pathetic cowards willing to give up their freedom for the promise of "safety and protection" by the government, I can't see any way out. This applies to any western country, not just the usa or australia. But heck, what's their catchphrase? "If you've got nothing to hide or done nothing wrong, then what is there to worry about" yeah, the fact that what is ok today may be illegal tomorrow doesn't even come into it ha.
(excuse my rant towards the end)
edit on 12-6-2013 by greatfriendbadfoe because: sp

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Hunker down, by the sound of it.

edit on 11-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Yes, Wrabbit, I believe you are correct.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sensibleSenseless

As for reasoning your way out... The generations of the future will highly likely be dependent on people who reasoned their way out in more than just a very small number - additionally, it is critical that there would be *NO* fatal flaws in the reasoning employed by that group - in a world headed to chaos and confusion - that is going to be extremely difficult - especially difficult where chance plays a huge role.

One way to test this out is to put yourself (family if willing) into a situation where only the necessities in life is available. See how far you (family) can take the pain (i.e. without the goodies) in life. Who knows might turn out to be a good education for the kids while the going is still good. Then by the time the real thing hits, everyone will know how to react.

If the family will react violently then you know what to expect when the society finally realizes that time is up.

Hard times ahead folks - simplify.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that a violent reaction might occur now... It is about giving TPTB the room they need and the benefit of the doubt to sculpt whatever they see as fit - This is likely how most people will react - even if they see the issue at hand to a certain extent.

People don't want to believe that this was what this whole system was designed by purpose to do. Rather, they'd prefer to believe that perpetuation *was* in fact a foundation stone of the system. Not that anyone knows how that is going to be achieved - just that TPTB - with whatever cover-ups they engage in, are still dedicated to supporting the system we've known thus far.

The violent reaction will be less pronounced (though nevertheless extra-ordinary trouble), when things fail with many people altogether at once. There will be a sense of urgency for an appropriate reaction to cushion the fall.

It is at that point in time, that most of those who are prepared will have a distinct advantage - if we still have the marbles to keep ourselves from falling apart/all over the place.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This has been said every month by someone since 2008. '

I'm not saying it's impossible, because it's probably likely, but c'mon....don't give these people the time of day.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
There are close to 7 billion people on this planet.

Yeah, there are going to be a lot of bets. Even the stock market seems to be chock full of those types. Speculation will always be there.

I won't bet on any particular day... But I won't hold my breath on the ridiculous impractical behaviours I see running not just one or two countries, but that grips the entire planet.

If *they* wanted to set the world on a solid footing by resetting something or rewriting the financial situation to a mathematically sound equation, *they* seemingly have had near forever now.... Don't think *they* have as much control over keeping things from turning chaotic as we are led to believe.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I am glad to be a part of ATS, to know that some people are still keeping a light open in the darkness, like a beacon on a stormy sea. Thanks guys for all the great tips and advice. I hope that all of you who are honest and hardworking survive and fair well. I for one appreciate the time some put in making threads on possible crisis or even to hypothesize on the possible outcomes. I think it is important and I can say it has cultivated my soul that much more.

Thanks wrab and all those that pitch in something of value.

This is my plan:

1 - Make a plan to meet those who you love and trust. Surviving alone is the worst case scenario, so I will make sure I have some good hearts and hands around if it all goes down.

2 - Find a way to protect yourselves from those who are use to taking like the world owes them something. Guns are good till you run out of ammunition, bows and arrows can be made with more ease.

3 - Find a way to clean water as fast and effectively as possible.

3 - Determine how to get or make food as a nomad and eventually growing into a sedentary lifestyle. Learn about plants and the ones that are edible and their medicinal properties.

4 - Keep yourself fit, clean and your brain sharp.

5 - Learn basic hygiene and medical survival. Learn to close, clean an open wound, give birth, avoid sickness. Remember water that flows will always be cleaner than stagnant water. This is true for the water held in your body and outside of it too. Raising your body temperature with physical work or with clothing kills bacteria, kinda like boiling water does, since we are mostly made up of water right. Learn to make soap from animals you hunt.

5 - Train yourself to eat as little as possible and be as productive as possible. Fasting is a good way to do this. I do this a lot and people judge but I am still nice to them.

6 - Stay optimist and open minded. Learn an art or craft: wood carving, music, drawing, sowing ( this will come in handy). Learn some songs. I know that when morals are down a good sing along does the trick (sounds corny but it is comforting and it works).

7 - Don't loose your good values. That is very important because we all know that hate breads hate and that is the last thing needed in a situation of austerity and desperation. Plan a seed of good for the future.

8 - Always think when learning something new: "is what I am doing or learning good for at least the next 8- 10 generations that will follow mine?"

9 - Keep communication flowing with yourself and with others.

10 - Feed a fish to a man and feed him for one day. Teach a man to fish feed him for life. The holy books, as much as some deny their value, they are packed with wisdom.

That's my plan hope this will give a good guideline for others. Peace and keep calm.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
That would make it really #ty to be at a place you can forget about government system to house and fead their citizens and let them work

Cause this crisis is messing the brain and to many people. There is bloody food, water, rescoures amd all other normal stuff.
They screwed you with the money, cause they prefer to throw away products, then give it away.

Lets hope it will be moderate with the losses/

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
I was talking to a client of mine today, they're a gold company.

He said the sudden drop in gold price was down to some economic report in the US telling people to get into retail because it was booming (don't quite see how anything can be booming when everyone is broke).

Anyway, in the space of 4 hours gold had plummeted.

So my theory is that this is one of the last "land grabs".

Get people to sell their gold and buy what will become worthless stocks.

This further pushes down the price of gold.

The elite sell them the duff shares, and then use that money to buy the gold at knock down prices.

When the next economic report comes out saying retail is bad, then those shares drop like a lead balloon, and gold goes back up.

The rich have then extracted the last store of value out of everyone else.

Then it'll all collapse - when they have all of the gold, because what else is a store of value?

Paper money isn't, bank accounts aren't, stocks and shares aren't.

Only gold.

And this is the last roll of the dice to mop up as much as they can before it all collapses.

That's a good summation, as a matter of fact the newest retail shops around here are jewellers, and yes, they advertise buying gold, which will always be a commodity, and more linear. Shares can go up and down and don't always relate to gold value. Rare metals are also expensive to produce, so if you buy scrap gold, or Platinum on the cheap, you have a second-hand bargain which will always be there.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EA006
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If the Dollar did collapse how long would it take to implement a new currency?

Bitcoin

Bitcoin does have the ability to be broken down almost infinitely into fractions to allow for wide fluctuations in it’s value. Because it is digital, it is extremly simple to transfer it anywhere with online access. The entire contents of a Bitcoin wallet may also be stored within a mere QR code which would function as a debit card of sorts. bitcoingoddess.wordpress.com...

No central-authority.

Bitcoin is revolutionary because it solves the double-spending problem without employing an intermediary; there is only the payer and the payee. The system accomplishes this by distributing the ledger of transactions across a peer-to-peer network of users, much like BitTorrent. This allows a record to be kept of all transfers so that the same cash can’t be spent twice, but because it’s distributed, there’s no one central authority keeping the ledger. This makes bitcoins true digital cash. Like dollar bills or euro coins, if you hand them over to a payee, you will no longer have them. And because there is no third party running the ledger, there is no one for the government to pressure or regulate. reason.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

the bankers and the inevitable rising interest rates that will bring this house crashing down

This is interesting because Republicans seem to be almost uniformly against the low interest rates which are the main thing that pulled us out of recession and are keeping us from falling back into it.

I was really worried that if Romney got elected he would raise the rates through the roof and the economy would have crashed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join