It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything NSA Neverending Thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

From your link:

“When the drones get here, another Obama program, the drones are going to be awesome,” he warned.

“The drones will have scanning devices that can fly over your home and grab all the digital data in the place where you live. The drones are going to up the ante, there’s no doubt about it. The only question is whether this is still the United States of America. There’s nowhere to hide anymore.”

Ugh!

I imagine "enemy of the state" is going to be a common term that will fit many of us when this transpires.

Many State Air Guards are replacing fighters with drones.

This # is insane NWO crap.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
NSA leaker Snowden says he's not avoiding justice

Hong Kong was a good pick IMO.

It looks quite unlikely they will extradite him. Yes, they have an agreement with the US, but it makes exceptions for cases of political persecution and possible cruel or humiliating treatment. Well, he qualifies for that exception with no doubt.

His supporters are planning a March on Saturday for him that will pass the U.S. Consulate. Their statement:

"We call on Hong Kong to respect international legal standards and procedures relating to the protection of Snowden; we condemn the U.S. government for violating our rights and privacy; and we call on the U.S. not to prosecute Snowden,"

He trusts their judicial system and plans to stay put and duke it out with Godzilla & Co.

At this point in time no charges or extradition request have been made by Godzilla's Gang.
edit on 6/12/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
ATS member damefool posted this on another thread:

"I would like to say the people of Hong Kong support Edward Snowden. There will be a rally this Saturday in HK and I will be there."

www.supportsnowden.org...

Looking forward to reading his report.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have a present for everyone. (grin) Anyone ever heard of the Tailored Access Operations division of the National Security Agency? This reads like the real life version of XXX. The movie, not the viewer rating.

Hidden away inside the massive NSA headquarters complex at Fort Meade, Maryland, in a large suite of offices segregated from the rest of the agency, TAO is a mystery to many NSA employees. Relatively few NSA officials have complete access to information about TAO because of the extraordinary sensitivity of its operations, and it requires a special security clearance to gain access to the unit’s work spaces inside the NSA operations complex. The door leading to its ultramodern operations centre is protected by armed guards, an imposing steel door that can only be entered by entering the correct six-digit code into a keypad, and a retinal scanner to ensure that only those individuals specially cleared for access get through the door.

This sounds like the place even the NSA people consider to be too secret to let just anyone near or know about, among their own ranks. Well.. Kitty is out of the bag now! Meow!

According to former NSA officials interviewed for this article, TAO’s mission is simple. It collects intelligence information on foreign targets by surreptitiously hacking into their computers and telecommunications systems, cracking passwords, compromising the computer security systems protecting the targeted computer, stealing the data stored on computer hard drives, and then copying all the messages and data traffic passing within the targeted e-mail and text-messaging systems. The technical term of art used by NSA to describe these operations is computer network exploitation (CNE).

TAO has successfully penetrated Chinese computer and telecom systems for almost 15 years

I have a feeling that this show is just...JUST...getting started. They're getting their whole house blown open and it's one of the most secure houses in the world. This is where secrets get invented, after all. The place that doesn't exist.

The sanctum sanctorum of TAO is its ultra-modern operations centre at Fort Meade called the Remote Operations Center (ROC), which is where the unit’s 600 or so military and civilian computer hackers (they themselves CNE operators) work in rotating shifts 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

These operators spend their days (or nights) searching the ether for computers systems and supporting telecommunications networks being used by, for example, foreign terrorists to pass messages to their members or sympathisers. Once these computers have been identified and located, the computer hackers working in the ROC break into the targeted computer systems electronically using special software designed by TAO’s own corps of software designers and engineers specifically for this purpose, download the contents of the computers’ hard drives, and place software implants or other devices called “buggies” inside the computers’ operating systems, which allows TAO intercept operators at Fort Meade to continuously monitor the e-mail and/or text-messaging traffic coming in and out of the computers or hand-held devices.
(Source: That Cryptic Place)

Don't say I never did anything for anyone. Now I gotta go change my name, get plastic surgery and buy a ticket to Hong Kong. (very quickly hops away)

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I have a present for everyone. (grin) Anyone ever heard of the Tailored Access Operations division of the National Security Agency?

Wow. Who let THAT cat out?

Next they'll do an expose on "Dr Carter's Army"

Just remember - the TAO that can be described in words is not the true TAO.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Well now, isn't this just the story that keeps on giving! Here is another update for everyone.

(C'mon folks... I've heard of worse ideas than to consolidate a portion of this onto one thread... aren't we all getting tired of searching multiple forums for a dozen or more threads, scattered everywhere??)

Secret court won't object to release of opinion on illegal surveillance

In a rare public ruling by the nation’s most secretive judicial body, the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court ruled Wednesday that it did not object to the release of a classified 86-page opinion concluding that some of the U.S. government’s surveillance activities were unconstitutional.

The ruling, signed by the court’s chief judge, Reggie Walton, rejected the Justice Department’s arguments that the secret national security court’s rules prevented disclosure of the opinion. Instead, the court found that because the document was in the possession of the Justice Department, it was subject to release under the Freedom of Information Act.
Sou rce

If I were a betting man, I'd say the calls for sedatives like Valium are running a bit strong in some areas of Washington after this ruling. It's a surprise but it'll be even better to see the full and complete document they're referring to and know it IS the full and complete document we're reading.

I really want to see what they had to say about this...and just what Holder's dogs wanted suppressed so badly.

Stay Tuned! I'll bet a Document Dump is soon to come with it. If I catch it before others, I'll make sure it finds it's way here.

edit on 13-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well, I can guarantee that you'll hear one thing...this is Bush's fault.

eta off topic: I read the title and had a flashback to one of my daughter's favorite movies.

Look around, we're seeing what you see--ee--ee
With your phone
Or maybe your TV-ee--ee-ee

Just believe we're everywhere
hidden in the lines
deep inside our building
is the answer to a never ending story...

Write your thoughts
speak a fantasy...
it's all stored
in our facility--yy--yy

Technology keeps secrets
as we scrutinize the Clouds
and deep within our networks
is the answer to a never ending story...

Never ending story...story...

Keep it cool
or you may fade away
We've a drone
we just might send your way-yy-yy

What we do is secret
as we hypnotize the crowds
and left upon your hard disk
is a chapter of the never ending story-yy-yy..

Only you need a dog snake with shades on, earphones over his ears flying through cyber space...
edit on 13-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Well, this was a good find to say the least.

No wonder, Snowden said the Chinese weren't our enemy. We are so bad news. No wonder the egomanics are acting invincible. This was published in the South China Post??????

Payback is gonna be a bitch.

Yup, kitty is out of the bag and I'm thinking about picking up smoking again. Life seems to be getting shorter as I type.

Wait until this gets translated to every language on the globe.

If I was Obama I would be trying to find a way out of the White House ASAP. I'm thinking he's screwed.

Could you imagine this story going viral ? Kinda blows the mind.

Thanks for the ride into the danger zone. You didn't go alone. Blondie tipped Drudge.

Enjoy the ride.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

You know two things that got my attention? 15 YEARS....which puts it around 1998. That was something authorized by Bill Clinton then. Wow.. Was I wrong about reading him as China-Sympathetic. I really thought he was in the tank for them by some of what we watched during his two terms. Not if he made the first Presidential Finding (had to be one, right??) allowing this.

The other thing was the repeated references to a more general effort with SIX HUNDRED hackers working in that center. My god... They were in EVERYONE'S computers by the sound of it. You're not kidding when you say payback's gonna be a bitch. I'll bet you there are allies within that group they just gleefully hacked to death.

Oh...I can imagine there are some VERY pissed off people in Capitals around the globe over this one. I don't know how they mitigate this kind of damage. Resign maybe?? MANY of them?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

You know two things that got my attention? 15 YEARS....which puts it around 1998. That was something authorized by Bill Clinton then. Wow.. Was I wrong about reading him as China-Sympathetic. I really thought he was in the tank for them by some of what we watched during his two terms. Not if he made the first Presidential Finding (had to be one, right??) allowing this.

The other thing was the repeated references to a more general effort with SIX HUNDRED hackers working in that center. My god... They were in EVERYONE'S computers by the sound of it. You're not kidding when you say payback's gonna be a bitch. I'll bet you there are allies within that group they just gleefully hacked to death.

Oh...I can imagine there are some VERY pissed off people in Capitals around the globe over this one. I don't know how they mitigate this kind of damage. Resign maybe?? MANY of them?

Perhaps TPTB just call the shots for the POTUS and they stack paper clips the rest of the day.

Resignation? Well DC will be a ghost town. Let's hope it is not at gunpoint and whatever replaces it is an improvement. A few good people could make it work. Looking for a job?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I'm guessing the resignations will be at the department and agency head level. Which will miss the whole problem.

15 years..... (sigh) That tells me this goes beyond any 1 President, as we should have expected. This is institutional and to the core of the NSA and other agencies no one has yet mentioned in the media.

The purges need to come a whole lot deeper than the political appointees or nothing is solved and nothing changes for longer than media attention is focused on them, IMO.

What a mess!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Uneducated guess - if we don't stop/dismantle this program the world we hold us accountable and likely be willing to wage war or do further acts of terrorism against us in retaliation.

Thank the NSA for making us unsafe and putting us at risk for major war.

Drudge is running the Matthew Aid story today. People are getting brave.
MAG: Inside NSA's Ultra-Secret China Hacking Group...

I did check and it has been picked up by multiple media sources (4 search engine pages) no Alphabet Networks covering it, another Chinese source and Godlike Productions.

You know I have lots of questions to ask my legislators about this story. I'm sure my senators won't reply until they get handed their form letter talking points. Anyway, a little cage rattling never hurt.

TTFN got to share with some libertarians who hopefully will be the ones picking to the pieces.

edit on 6/13/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Greenwald is awesome. Wish everyone who supports what the NSA is doing would watch this.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Uneducated guess - if we don't stop/dismantle this program the world we hold us accountable and likely be willing to wage war or do further acts of terrorism against us in retaliation.

I don't see that happening, since everyone spies on each other any way.

Now it's just out in the open.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
here's some more to ponder:

CDC: 'Nearly 50% of U.S. Adults Will Develop at Least One Mental Illness'

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention says that at any given moment about a quarter of American adults are mentally ill and that over the course of their lifetimes about half of all Americans will develop at least one mental illness.

A CDC mental-health fact sheet--Mental Illness Surveillance Among U.S. Adults--says that "published studies report that about 25% of all U.S. adults have a mental illness and that nearly 50% of U.S. adults will develop at least one mental illness during their lifetime.”

The fact sheet also notes that the authors of a 2011 CDC mental health surveillance report pointed out that "currently, no surveillance efforts at the national or state level are directed toward documenting anxiety disorders." The authors thus call for "initiating national-level anxiety disorder surveillance activities."

This is not only alarming for medical reasons, I for one think it's alarming because they are "recommending" some sort of national surveillance program !!

The "surveillance" is the problem.

With all the recent outings about big corporations in kahootz with the government sharing personal information about Americans, we must wonder what misplaced medical info could do to somebody.

Too many innocent victims are created by nosy, over zealous bureaucrats that are hungry to satisfy their appetites to find out all they can about YOU.

The reports list many things "to look for" and "identify" that sure sound like nazi style snooping.

Think what can happen if a potential or current employer gets the wrong info from some tainted background check service.

Think what could happen if this "mental illness" info gets mis-interpreted by let's say, somebody at FEMA or DHS who has been assigned to "classify" YOU !!

Think what might happen if they initiate a "See Something say Something" program.
Beware: your neighbors might have a mental illness !

Now maybe we know why the IRS has recently been collecting medical data on citizens in bulk.

What is the conspiracy ?

CDC: 'Nearly 50% of U.S. Adults Will Develop at Least One Mental Illness'

Links to zee reportz:
Mental Illness Surveillance Among Adults in the United States

2nd Link pdf

YOU will be "Classified"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on Jun-14-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif

There is a difference between suspecting and knowing. We could all suspect that the NSA has been gathering vast data on everyone, and we can all suspect that the US intelligence services have occasionally hacked a foreign states systems from time to time, but having that actually spelled out and shown to the world is a completely different matter.

There is also the question of pressure from governments and the public of other nations on their own intelligence and military too. Don't you think that the moment this story was broken the Russian leadership were in secret talks with all their military and intelligence departments to lock down absolutely everything? Foreign governments will be wondering, right now, whether all their military secrets have been exposed for the last ten or so years.

America is not the only nation with installations like Area 51, both China and Russia have their own top secret military installations where new technology is being developed. Can you imagine the paranoia going on there right now? I can imagine that they have teams of people at this moment analyzing and monitoring all of their systems trying to ensure there are no leaks or back doors into those facilities.

Even friendly nations all across the world, foreign banks, foreign corporations and political leaders should ALL be paranoid and investigating how secure their data and information actually is.

People really are underestimating the potential fallout from the proven actions of the NSA.

Also, while I'm here, we have some more to look forward to very soon apparently:

Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-Calif.) said lawmakers learned "significantly more" about the spy programs at the National Security Agency (NSA) during a briefing on Tuesday with counterterrorism officials. "What we learned in there," Sanchez said, "is significantly more than what is out in the media today." Lawmakers are barred from revealing the classified information they receive in intelligence briefings, and Sanchez was careful not to specify what members might have learned about the NSA's work. "I can't speak to what we learned in there, and I don't know if there are other leaks, if there's more information somewhere, if somebody else is going to step up, but I will tell you that I believe it's the tip of the iceberg," she said.

TheHill

and because we are very busy working on and writing the next series of stories that will begin appearing very shortly.

Glenn Greenwald

Also something else that's pretty interesting. It seems Yahoo! were the only corporation that actually tried to refuse the NSA through the courts, and lost.

In a secret court in Washington, Yahoo’s top lawyers made their case. The government had sought help in spying on certain foreign users, without a warrant, and Yahoo had refused, saying the broad requests were unconstitutional. The judges disagreed. That left Yahoo two choices: Hand over the data or break the law. So Yahoo became part of the National Security Agency’s secret Internet surveillance program, Prism, according to leaked N.S.A. documents, as did seven other Internet companies.

NY Times

The NY Times then starts banging on about how this supposedly shows that all of those corporations are somehow moral and try to defend the privacy of their customers. I don't know how they come to that conclusion, because there is absolutely nothing to suggest that at all. Yahoo! is the only one to have seemingly even attempted to refuse the NSA, so how on Earth the NY Times tries to absolve all the others who never even attempted to challenge the NSA is completely beyond me.

edit on 14-6-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

There is also the question of pressure from governments and the public of other nations on their own intelligence and military too. Don't you think that the moment this story was broken the Russian leadership were in secret talks with all their military and intelligence departments to lock down absolutely everything? Foreign governments will be wondering, right now, whether all their military secrets have been exposed for the last ten or so years.

America is not the only nation with installations like Area 51, both China and Russia have their own top secret military installations where new technology is being developed. Can you imagine the paranoia going on there right now? I can imagine that they have teams of people at this moment analyzing and monitoring all of their systems trying to ensure there are no leaks or back doors into those facilities.

Yes, i'm sure the Russians and Chinese and everyone else is doing that, it's to be expected. Network security, industrial security, is an ongoing thing. The Russians lead the pack when it comes to paranoia. It's all part of the intel game, do unto others as they do to you.

The US/UK/Can/Aus/NZ sharing will continue, along with whomever else we decide to share with.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif

I wish I could believe that, but the technology developed have lead to the deaths of many enemies.
leaders. Biometric data recognition use in drone attacks had killed many. You make them a martyr, which is strong incentive for payback. Don't think revenge is out of the question. I would say it should be expected.

Everybody does it doesn't is not the thinking of those who we engage in battle. and are on the losing end. How would you feel if a leader of our country was taken out? Let me clarify that by saying the leader killed was someone who you felt was righteous and his/her death was tragic. Emotions are a big part of the equation and death evokes very strong emotions.

I put the
there because I am really tired of the government telling us who are enemies are and then supports these enemies. It won't change until people stop buying everything the government.says.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
CBS News confirms Sharyl Attkisson's computer hacked

This is no surprise. Sharyl was the one MSM reporter that actually dug into The Fast and Furious, Benghazi and Solyndra scandals.

I often wondered how she was able to report what she did.

Anonymous CBS Sources Smear Sharyl Attkisson

She is a dying breed, an Investigative MSM Reporter.

The Reporter Obama Fears The Most

edit on 6/15/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
deleted
edit on 6/15/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join