It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honestly who takes the whole color spectrum for a flag... My problem with Homosexuals.... The only p

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I was unaware that, along with the word, "marriage", Christians also own the colors of the rainbow...

Actually, a man named Gilbert Baker designed the original gay pride rainbow flag.

“The rainbow is a part of nature and you have to be in the right place to see it,” Baker told CBS.

“It’s beautiful, all of the colors, even the colors you can’t see. That really fit us as a people because we are all of the colors. Our sexuality is all of the colors. We are all the genders, races and ages.”

edit on 6/12/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Actually, the rainbow comes from the hebrew bible

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Everyone....
I have never laughed so hard reading through a forum... The responses were classic and some very informative and I appreciate them both.

I made this thread as Half Joke and Half not so serious, mainly a joke
... I understand the "signs" but there is a acute sense of underlining comedy that rides the lines of acceptable humor done tastefully and obviously the opposite. Sometimes, you also have to play stupid
I have had many conversations with lesbians and gay's about how I feel about the flag and was always taken as a joke, therefore I felt compelled to bring it to the ATS boards. I also ironically new by my title alone that it would draw a lot of attention as it rides the T&C without going to far. (Part of me wanted to test the limits on how one can articulate and be comedic without snapping the lines and logging in today and seeing a 404'd thread) I was honestly worried after I left that I might have docked points.

It made me very GAY=HAPPY to see otherwise!

I loved the care bears.... But now... I wasn't thinking about that....
I think your right they should duke it out for who get dominance over the rainbow flag~ It would be a legendary battle.

I really loved all the responses and thank everyone for taking some time for a good laugh and some education by the LGBT Community that helped educate myself on why there flag is what it is and what it represents.

I know I came off a bit ignorrant at times, that was not my intention but sometimes to get the giggles going it takes some ignorrance laced with sarcasm to spark laughter in everyone.

Again, I thank you all! Reading all the responses this morning made me laugh to the point I almost teared up.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Actually, the rainbow comes from the hebrew bible

I thought it came from sunlight separating into the various colors through raindrops...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
No T No Shade, but someone is a Debbie downer in this topic

I can be anything
Take a look
It's in a book
A Reading Rainbow
A Reading Rainbow
edit on 12-6-2013 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
We must not forget 'Rainbow Bright' who lead her 'Brainwashed' homosexual group to colour the world

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I want this Rainbow Brite costume
it might be too tight for me though

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Rainbow!!! paint the whole world with a rainbow!!

Oh and a not aired episode...very funny.

edit on 12-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tankgirl
I want this Rainbow Brite costume
it might be too tight for me though

Work,

One of my drag looks was 'Rainbow Bright Inspired' once

We also can't forget the 'Rainbow Parade Cartoons', though those came out far before us homosexual's made the Rainbow Flag The Three F's

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I shall add my "sarcasmic" Technicolor...[color=red ]rainb[color=indigo]ow to this pot of lucky Goldie's... I mean people...

I find it pretty hilarious that the rainbow a sign attributed to a promise from God to his children on Earth that He will never again destroy the entire planet's inhabitants in a single bound--and this is the symbol that the LBGT pick to represent themselves. I guess it is fitting when you think about how infrequent a rainbow "comes out" and how infrequent someone "comes out" publically in the earlier days of the movement of LBGT.

I personally find it rather pompous. But that's an assumption that all people involved or supporting of LBGT are in what they are calling the "Gay Agenda" around these parts of the world. The extremists in the LBGT movement drive me nuts, just as much as when I learned about the extremists in the Feminist movement in my college Women Studies' classes. People have some nerve thinking that their way is the only way... WHATEVER that way is.

Anyway... My two-three-four cents there for you to pick at, if you are so inclined.
Cheerio!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I know you're pain OP. Every time I start enjoying a rainbow I start lusting over men.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tankgirl

I read the OP and BAM this pops in my head. It was a gay friends favorite song.

It's one of mine too!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by schmirror

Don't forget the 'Gay Mafia' girl,

we have programed the rainbow that if you look into it you decide to be gay

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I just wanted to give some fruit in the shape of a rainbow...looks delicious!!
all we really need is LOVE!! Right!?
lots of free love ...

Peace and love to all
-nat the blue eyed cat-

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
You guys/gals crack me up~
I love you all! btw~ per my best friend KC it's pride week in chicago starting tomorrow. She's stolked due to the recent law passing and I wanted to drop in and say it's a about damn time for you guys/gals!
A step in the right direction!

Have a great and awesome weekend!

With all the love and respect in the world~

sulaw

p.s Darth i'm adding you as a friend! If you don't mind of coarse...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
You guys/gals crack me up~
I love you all! btw~ per my best friend KC it's pride week in chicago starting tomorrow. She's stolked due to the recent law passing and I wanted to drop in and say it's a about damn time for you guys/gals!
A step in the right direction!

Have a great and awesome weekend!

With all the love and respect in the world~

sulaw

p.s Darth i'm adding you as a friend! If you don't mind of coarse...

Please do doll, consider it accepted and returned!

One more step closer to the abomination of the world!

and since June was pride month, and the recent law passing, Chick-Fil-A on me for everyone!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
What about the people who love rainbows, am not gay or bi, have friends who are so am not homophobic and I live in Austin? The rainbow has become a marker here for being open to these relationships. Right now I have rainbow candles on my Christmas and Hanukkah menorah and I know visitors will assume something that is not so. It's a beautiful natural occurrence that I've loved since childhood and I feel that it has been hijacked!

I'm an old hippy and am really ticked off and really we the hippies of the 60's claimed it first.

STM

edit on 23-12-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join