It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to The Netherlands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
A country where shoplifting is fined €150, and parking on a disabled person spot is fined €350, pure logic right?

We pay €1,88 per liter petrol, that's $9.45 per gallon.

Now it becomes comical. All fines must be paid in their full amount before a certain date.There is no option to pay in separate instances, it must be completed in it's full amount. If you fail to pay the initial ticket before the deadline, it's simply raised by 50% instantly, if you fail to pay this one, it gets raised AGAIN. Even companies are obligated to offer a payment plan if you cant pay entirely, but not the government, nazzi's at their finest. Paid parking in residential areas in big cities (€3 p/h). The Dutch are being sucked dry and they know it.

feelsbadman.jpg
edit on 11-6-2013 by cyberjedi because: had to point something out more clearly

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Sorry but shoplifting is bad...and I hate people who park in disabled parking spots, they are for the disabled.
If you do not want a fine don't do the crime.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
smoke some of that coffee shop stuff and stop worrying about it
and thats all i got ta say on that

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Really the point i wanted to make with that is that a crime (shoplifting) is only fined 150, and parking on a wrong spot 350, weird no?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
if i lived in holland right now you could drop bombs and i would have the care factor of 0

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberjedi

Don't shoplift.

Don't park where you aren't supposed to.

Get a bike...ok, thats can be more challenging than the first two.

But the fact that weed is practically legal gives the Dutch Govt a big pass in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Yeah a bit odd but maybe it will stop people parking on them.
Oh and I love the Netherlands, I lived in Eindhoven in a place called best in the year 2000 when PSV Eindhoven won the league...loved it.

Petrol is very high all over europe, sucks I know.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well I guess we can scratch one country off the list for our favorite whistle-blower Edward Snowden.

In the US we don't have that problem, if you don't pay you end up in the prison industrial complex.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie

Gave you a star for that

On topic.
Fines. If they are for a criminal offence then PAY them.
If they are a civil offence then most likely you are paying a company and its shareholders, and they CANT force you to pay them. All they can do is send in a debt collector, again just dont pay him. He'll bash on your door and make lots of threats but the truth is he's screwed, so long as you dont let him in to your home, because then he can place a levy on your goods.
DONT LET THEM IN.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

If the Dutch Community stopped Shoplifting they might be able to afford that $9.45/gallon gasoline.

It sure is funny that shoplifting is only 150 Euros. But, I think you missed their point with that one.

When you STEAL a Handi-Persons parking spot you should be fined the amount for SHOPLIFTING (aka Stealing) Plus A convenience charge for their inconvenience of having to go out of their way because you stole their spot.

Also adding 50% to your fine for not paying on time is an incentive to pay sooner. How many people do you know that have had to pay the extra 50%? How many do you know that have had to pay the next level it was raised to?
How many people do you know that have become indentured servants because they can't afford to pay their fines?

It is a vicious world out there.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Could you also report on the average income of the dutch, etc?

These figures don't really say anything without other statistics.

Just saying..

Peace

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

it says 33k per year without taxes. though there is a #load of people on welfare at the moment, making maybe 10k per year.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by billdadobbie

Gave you a star for that

On topic.
Fines. If they are for a criminal offence then PAY them.
If they are a civil offence then most likely you are paying a company and its shareholders, and they CANT force you to pay them. All they can do is send in a debt collector, again just dont pay him. He'll bash on your door and make lots of threats but the truth is he's screwed, so long as you dont let him in to your home, because then he can place a levy on your goods.
DONT LET THEM IN.
pay for nowt expect everything thats what frank from shameless would say
one day there will be a religion to that man

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
You should edit your OP and try to make the point clear. People think you are condoning shoplifting and stealing disabled parking spots.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberjedi
A country where shoplifting is fined €150

A country where parking on a disabled person spot is fined €350 (lolwut?)

...those things are bad, mmkay?
edit on 11-6-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2013 by solve because: mmkay

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

ye they are bad, but some fines are outright excessive in amount. Driving not hands-free gets you €240 ticket, Germany fines you for the same offence €40. Italy and France ditto.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
You should edit your OP and try to make the point clear. People think you are condoning shoplifting and stealing disabled parking spots.

You are hereby charged that on this day, you willfully parked in a disabled bay in said petrol station. And after paying for your fuel, you proceded to slip a couple of choccy bars in your pocket.

...how do you plead?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The 150 on a shoplift is even for the store, that got your action to have the time spend and trouble to solf not be a total loss. After that one, any individual could be facing even more, if they already have a history or succeed for a part, whatever they can make you responsible.

I would advice not to shop lift, bot I know to many people that need things to live and wear something to protect them from weather..

A speeding ticket, basically means you lost a bet, or you are not give your participation of traffic the attention you should.

I definitely agree on local cities fining their own share of made up reasons to add money.

You can at least be smart and decide not to get fined. There is a lot more going on, that is having larger and severe cos\consequence than it should. And it is a way of origination you can change to prevent it.

Cause elderly needing care or even a home for the elderly. The 3. some billion Euro is even keep separate to get salary of the people in top rise cause they say it's not enough. Money that will not be spend on people to help. So there will be elderly that need help and have to wait, or even not get it. They are also getting less to spends cause pension funds didn't do good enough.
We will be expected to take care of our old folk ourselves like we have always did.

And we do not even get a tip of an iceberg visible.

Wow getting fined is even a dumb personal mistake

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The 'VAB' estimated the Belgian states income from speeding tickets to be €460.000.000 this year.

I'm not ranting nor complaining.
edit on 15-6-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

top topics

join