It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elton John -Entertainer for Walmart Shareholder Meeting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I hope this thread is in the right forum but mods feel free to move if necessary. I was in Walmart today and heard a few of the workers complain their company paid 3 million to have Elton John play their annual shareholders meeting. I could not believe it! In light of a recent barrage of layoffs it seemed a little excessive and I have to agree with the people complaining in the store.
As the headlines below show Walmart has recently divested itself of many of their employees, laying off many elderly people who work to supplement their social security checks as well as part time employees who signed on because they were promised full time. I think this is shameful but I never was a big fan of Walmart.
Something I did find interesting was a blogger who posted she lived near the original Walmart and told how Sam Walton made a point to shake the hands of everyone of his employees. The blogger said he would be turning over in is grave to see how Walmarts is run these days.

Wal-Mart Cutting 10,000 Jobs At Sam's Club

Walmart Layoffs: Arkansas HQ To Cut 300 Jobs
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Walmart associates from 27 countries kicked off shareholders' week with a concert by Elton John.

edit on 11-6-2013 by Loveaduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Alice Cooper has done similar events. I recall some sort of new years eve show he did for 1%ers.
I was so shocked ,i cursed him out on his facebook and unfriended him . What can I say .
edit on 6/11/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Walmart is deranged!!

They pay their employee's CRAP and then what money they DO get, they spend in the store.

The money goes down, just short enough to go right back up the ladder.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Walmart. Somebody told me they go under the name of Asda in the uk, anyone know if thats true?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Walmart. Somebody told me they go under the name of Asda in the uk, anyone know if thats true?

yes its true.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny

yes its true.

Thanks, I knew I was right not to shop there.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
Alice Cooper has done similar events. I recall some sort of new years eve show he did for 1%ers.
I was so shocked ,i cursed him out on his facebook and unfriended him . What can I say .
edit on 6/11/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

Seriously? What a sellout. I think I might have unfriended him too. I can't believe Elton John is doing this gig but I think they are featuring his music in the stores. I noticed that Walmart was plugging the Elton John label in their online advertising, when I was researching the links for the post. Thanks so much for responding to the thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny

yes its true.

Thanks, I knew I was right not to shop there.

Good for you. I am ashamed of myself for going in today but it is the only place around here now I can get the giant bag of dog food and I am between jobs now so can't afford the Pet Smart prices for the designer brands.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Walmart is deranged!!

They pay their employee's CRAP and then what money they DO get, they spend in the store.

The money goes down, just short enough to go right back up the ladder.

You can say that again. I was reading something online again today that some of the Walmart Stores are considering "downsizing" and moving to smaller stores. I even heard that some of the stores might only sell sporting goods, and others only garden supplies and like that. That should be interesting. Thanks for responding here on the thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
i hope he does the everglades in sheldon and the crews time machine

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loveaduck
it is the only place around here now I can get the giant bag of dog food and I am between jobs now so can't afford the Pet Smart prices for the designer brands.

Have you considered making your dogs food?
I know someone who makes all the food for there dog, and they say it costs about the same, but the food is MUCH better.
They buy whole chicken, boil it, pull everything off the bone, chop it up into small pieces, and mix it with rice and potatoes and various veg. The dogs loves it and now turns and walks away if they put out the bought rubbish.
If you buy the rice and veg in bulk bags it actualy works out quite cheap.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
DP
edit on 11-6-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

i have friend who works there gets 28k for packing boxes ?? really hard mental labour that now lets all hum the asda/ walmart tune COLLEGES

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

it is the only place around here now I can get the giant bag of dog food and I am between jobs now so can't afford the Pet Smart prices for the designer brands.

Have you considered making your dogs food?
I know someone who makes all the food for there dog, and they say it costs about the same, but the food is MUCH better.
They buy whole chicken, boil it, pull everything off the bone, chop it up into small pieces, and mix it with rice and potatoes and various veg. The dogs loves it and now turns and walks away if they put out the bought rubbish.
If you buy the rice and veg in bulk bags it actualy works out quite cheap.
MINE EATS THOSE PESKY HUMANS WHO COME WITH BILLS o fexc the caps lock

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie

i have friend who works there gets 28k for packing boxes ?? really hard mental labour that now lets all hum the asda/ walmart tune COLLEGES

28k for packing boxes
whats he putting in them, their checkout takings??

Down south you would NOT get that much if you were the manager!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

MINE EATS THOSE PESKY HUMANS WHO COME WITH BILLS

You'll poison the poor dog.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

and thats basic ?? he does not do o/t running around like a gerbil on a wheel all night though . i have worked store refits and feel suicidal after 2 weeks with the same crew same banter every night in a loading bay same job different day after a while i would put the gun to my head and go fxxxxng BOOM

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Walmart associates from 27 countries kicked off shareholders' week with a concert by Elton John.

edit on 11-6-2013 by Loveaduck because: (no reason given)

No Comment

Just for the record:

www.berniejtaupin.com...

I'm just a fan..........that's all.

edit on 11-6-2013 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

MINE EATS THOSE PESKY HUMANS WHO COME WITH BILLS

You'll poison the poor dog.
HE SAYS WE ALL TASTE THE SAME WHATS THAT SKIPPY

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

The only person my old dog (he's gone now) ever attacked was my boss
he got extra food that night