It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gay, anti gay.....who gives a ....!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I've been wondering what the point of moaning about gay parades and so forth actually was.

So gay people should be more silent, and then we can all hold hands and oppose whatever big conspiracy together?

I mean people have no other divisions?
They have not had religious and racial or ethnic wars for 2000 years?

It's just the gays who should stop their nonsense, and then we're all one against the NWO?

And why use gay people as a theme if you're not gay?
Use your own identity as a theme, and at least you can speak from experience.

All that being said, I actually enjoyed the thread so far.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I seem to lost connection and wiggled the antenna.

Anyway, I think there are so many divisions in humanity that I don't think there will ever be a united force against power.

Certainly gay activists imagined themselves fighting against power.

Patriarchy, heterosexism, environmental destruction and global inequality.

Countering the patriarchal fascism of this planet was out goal, and gay activism was a part of that.

edit on 15-6-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Actually a double post, but now that I'm here I might as well add some things.

How strange is it to use the minority that is virtually cast out from every other group to make a difference to power?

I don't think I'm being used like a prostitute just because I want equality.

What about all those mind-controlled homophobes, some of whom would happily wipe your and my country from the planet?

I think that might be a bit more relevant than using people as a theme whose only crime against humanity is a terrible sense of fashion.

Nevertheless, there are divisions in the gay movement (reflecting those of wider society), and I think this thread has facilitated that discussion very well.

edit on 15-6-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by ajm4481

this not a thread about gay rights, please stop, and btw there are legal ways to give your boyfriend/girlfriend your stuff when your dead, and medical rights in case you were hurt.

So dont give me the same sob story about that, somebody on this thread already tried that with that video about the two guys that were so in love but couldn't marry so one killed himself. and then at the end of it all was an OBAMA plug,

that was the sadest thing in the video. If the dude really loved his boyfriend he would of stuck around to be with him, instead he jumps off a building.

He was probably on phyc meds. because society made him "so stressed out" that he couldn't get married. So he went to his Doc got an antidepressant of which he didn't need, starting taking them, which f'd him up even more, so he decided to jump off a building.

You see what the Government did there, they made up a non issue, to cause a reaction, through media tactics. When they cause a negative feeling and put out a crap load of prescription drug ads making people they can make the negative feeling go away with a pill, but then the fda puts a warning on that pill that says "may cause death" so when it does cause death, the goverment is off the hook. and then they get a hold of the story and make a political propaganda video out of it to get Obama elected. Gays and there cause just just got used like a dirty whore. Not only did they make money off you they successfully divided the people

And as this is happening massive groups of people are uniting and gathering to fight the very cause you are pushing for. So imagine all the wasted energy that is used for something so pointless.

Because one day everyone's freedoms will be gone and and all the "gay rights" that was won for your cause will mean nothing.

These paragraphs that I wrote are purely speculation, I dont know what happened between those two dudes, I used the well known story to present ideas that can be taken and thought about in other contexts as well.

ONE THING I DO KNOW FOR TRUTH IS THAT VIDEO WAS A POLITICAL PROPAGANDA AD

reply to post by Darth_Prime

and darth like i said before that is what im saying i just used gay because it seems to be an ever increasing topic on ats especially lately. all i have seen bickering and wasted breath, worthless causes and pointless preaching over many issues. lets forgot the small stuff and go after the root
edit on 13-6-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

That's what the gay rights debate is: ONE BIG POLITICAL PROPAGANDA AD.

Nobody but politicians and stupid people care if some dude wants to marry his boyfriend but the mainstream media tells us its a big deal so we get upset at each other and vote along party lines.

It's ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

it's no secret that politicians utilize and exploit groups for their political means, whatever keeps them in power and maximizing their power is who they will cater too,

just today i got asked if i have spoken to Jesus to help me with my 'Condition', my condition being Homosexuality,

and we expect to 'band together' to fight the bigger power? when the populace can't accept each other for Humans,

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
reply to post by Nicks87

it's no secret that politicians utilize and exploit groups for their political means, whatever keeps them in power and maximizing their power is who they will cater too,

just today i got asked if i have spoken to Jesus to help me with my 'Condition', my condition being Homosexuality,

and we expect to 'band together' to fight the bigger power? when the populace can't accept each other for Humans,

So would you rather have someone's right to free speech taken away just so you don't get hurt feelings? Who cares what other people say if you know you were born that way and you don't have a condition or a choice to not be gay.

I know a lot of black people that like to play the victim and call everyone a racist that doesn't give in to their ridiculous demands. Political correctness is being used as a weapon by politicians all over the world and I'm just plain sick of it. The only way to stop it is to just turn the other cheek and walk away and not be a part of it weather it benefits you or not.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

No, i would rather free speech, my feelings were not hurt,everyone has the right to believe in what they want, and what they don't want, when it crosses the lines into discrimination it never should as we have to accept we are all Human in the end, but freedom of speech is as important as freedom of expression

that was not my point, my point is to the original topic, gay or anti gay who cares? we should care, as a populace we should care about anyone who is 'anti' a person based on sexuality,gender,race,religion etc how can we expect to 'fight together' when we can hardly live together without dehumanizing people and sub-dividing them

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
reply to post by Nicks87

No, i would rather free speech, my feelings were not hurt,everyone has the right to believe in what they want, and what they don't want, when it crosses the lines into discrimination it never should as we have to accept we are all Human in the end, but freedom of speech is as important as freedom of expression

that was not my point, my point is to the original topic, gay or anti gay who cares? we should care, as a populace we should care about anyone who is 'anti' a person based on sexuality,gender,race,religion etc how can we expect to 'fight together' when we can hardly live together without dehumanizing people and sub-dividing them

I agree but you cant force people to accept you and you cant outlaw feelings. I think the mainstream media is mostly to blame for labeling people and creating this false paranoia that we should all hate each other for one reason or another. It's how they do business but its wrong and good people suffer because of it.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

Indeed, Media, Religion, Political Ideologies just give people a reason to 'hate', and teaches further intolerance.

people focus on the 'buzz words' and misconceptions that become sensationalized,

but is the populace too far along? lets pretend we do away with the Media programming, will the generations continue? which focuses on the main topic, how can we come together without conquering the 'small stuff'?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Why is it that in all these threads we have people who insist they are straight, then they invariably repeat some second hand opinion from a gay relative or friend that invariably supports their own (straight), typically anti-gay (or anti LGBT-rights), opinion. Let gay people speak for themselves. They don't need to have their opinions cherry picked, filtered, and reworded by straight people.
edit on 6/7/13 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join