It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation "Troll the NSA"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
By posting this I am not in any way soliciting participation. I am curious to see if this is going to work.

What an idea! I love it!

Operation 'troll the NSA' starts up online with plan to jam spy scanners by sending same 'terrorist' message over and over again

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... 2VwHNmCWF

Operation 'Troll The NSA' describes the plan stating: 'If millions of us, all at the exact same time, call or email someone with our keywords-of-terror-filled script, we can give our nation's impressive surveillance system the kind of test it deserves.

Two Buzzfeed enployees brainstromed this one and they hope to jam spy scanners by sending same ' terrorist' message over and over again.

Hey, if nobody is reading this stuff?

Did a did search.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Nice idea, but a bunch of code lines and a good set up filter will nullify the effect.

Edit: I bet they already implemented the script and 10 possible variations into the filters.
edit on 11-6-2013 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yeah they need to randomise the messages.

But good idea
Has my full support

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Sounds more like a test, and a way to get the details of anyone who is against the idea.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well that as non-f*#king -sensical a thing that I have ever heard.

The NSA and every other organization are subject to the LAW.

e.g. NSA guy "I think he could be a terrorist judge, I'd like to tap his phone".
Judge "show me what you have to suggest I should allow it" granted or denied based on facts.

That's all it takes. NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW.

Does it happen that way? probably not, but there's no sense breaking the law in order to try and fix it.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
ATS does that exact thing thousands of times a day.

What you don't think that the NSA monitors a site called Above Top Secret?

Seems harmless enough, would be good if people did it the right way. No actual threats, but the right keywords in the message would be enough for the NSA computers to pick up and alert some desk jockey to have to read the whole thing.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Sorry, but not a great idea. Its the Al Qaeda communications window hour! 1 hour to communicate everything you need about an attack, explicitly.

If it must be done, do with terms associated with codes and code breaking. Here's a good one:

"holy #! I just saw an algorithm for finding discrete logarithm of a random elliptic curve element in polynomial time!"

Black helicopters will now fly over my house, but its better than AQ communications hour.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It won't work if people all send the same capy-pasted messages or the same voice messages.

The NSA will just get wise to it very quickly and filter them. If the system is as powerful as people say it is, I don't even think it would have an effect.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I dont know if the operation will work, but if they have the right stuff they may have a new Jihad on their hands...
With all the Alqueda and like minded operators all texting emailing and phoning all kinds of erroneous messages to scam and jam the computers.....
The keywords for filtration have been largely public....maybe they could just take turns making up neat fictional messages with keywords sprinkled in.....?

Then aain id bet they would be sure to spend some time decripting a bunch of encrypted messages as well....wouldnt they?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
!ALREADY BEEN POSTED!

sorry OP someone beet you to it.

my thoughts on this

the volume of information that is sucked up by the ECHELON is massive it happens all the time a few thousand even a few million people sending a kind of "trigger message" all at the same time will be a drop in the ocean.

if you get say a few thousand people to all phone up at the exact same time and say "bomb the white house" all that's going to happen is that the NSA are going to spot this and just ignore it.

Besides ECHELON is believed to work based on priority so there are a list of phone numbers that are processed as a matter of priority as such even if you and all your buddies all phone each other at the same time talking about bombs its not really going to matter much because they probably are not looking at you.

Aside form the fact that this idea is stupid and would probably never work i would go further than that and say that its down right irresponsible.

Basically what your talking about is putting a huge stress on the nations ability to preform SIGINT that's the same intelligence that can warn our troops out in Afghanistan if they are about to be attacked (the NSA actually have their people embedded with the troops) or can and has done in the past thwart a terrorist attack, NSA are also very defensive shut them down for a few hours and America would lose vast amounts of classified information. So say this does work or we have another group like Anonymous plotting to cripple the NSA for a a few hours, the national scrutiny implications of that could be disastrous and someone could end up dead.

new topics

top topics

join