It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Yeah, shes a tough one

2 blow to the conrete is selfdefence, 1 blow is murder

cant wait to hear the cross examine

link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

had that of been the case then the bullet would have penetrated all of the way through. tm on top would have allowed enough dispersion of energy tho keep it from over penetrating. had he of been on the bottom the energy would not have disapated hardly at all and would have caused the round to over penetrate exiting the body into the dirt.

link   
not sure where the defense is going with his line of questioning i would assume he is trying to discredit the testimony of the curent witness,any one got a better idea what hes up to?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by FlyersFan

You are right when you say he has to believe his life to be in danger... however there has to be a basis for that belief. If his fear for his life is not reasonable, he can not claim self defense.

Example- we get into a fight, you pick up a card board box and I shoot you cause I believe my life to be in danger because you picked up a weapon.

However, that weapon is just a card board box, my belief is not reasonable. I can not use deadly force and be justified.
And what was Zimmerman's reason for believing his life was in danger? Who was packing heat, and who wasn't?
edit on 2-7-2013 by WonderBoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The states hired gun just confirmed that Zimmerman’s head was slammed against concrete.

It is a good thing the state doesn’t require you to be on your deathbed before defending yourself.

IMO she just confirmed more of Zimmerman’s statement.

The defense is about to take this down.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
The states hired gun just confirmed that Zimmerman’s head was slammed against concrete.

It is a good thing the state doesn’t require you to be on your deathbed before defending yourself.

Stop with the "defending yourself" crap. Street fights happen everyday. Learn how to fight and not be Joe Tough Guy behind your firearm. That is not the reason for the 2nd Amendment!!!!

link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

what stopped the round from over penetrating was a 115 grain jhp bullet that performed perfectly as advertised, it shed the outer jacket hit the heart and was stopped by expansion of the hollow point,i don't think the position of the body in the fight was ascertained by the medical examiner to have played a factor in the ballistics of the bullet

and the reason the blood didnt pour out was that he bled out into his colapsed lungs
edit on 2-7-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi

Wow, this medical examiner's testimony is tough for Zimmerman.

She just said that his head injuries do not appear to have been caused by repeated blows to concrete and more than likely were caused by a single blow causing both cuts. She described that injury as "insignificant".

This is a huge blow to a self defense claim. Again- if there is no threat to his life, using deadly force is not self defense.
I've been saying ALL ALONG, his head injuries WERE NOT CAUSED by his head being "SLAMMED" into the concrete. The "self defense" argument is WEAK!!!

You should watch the trial instead of theese outbreaks.
Just because you say it dosnt make it right.

And listening to FlyersFan and MrWendal wont hurt you a bit.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

And what was Zimmerman's reason for believing his life was in danger? Who was packing heat, and who wasn't?
edit on 2-7-2013 by WonderBoi because: (no reason given)

I am not even sure why you are commenting to me. It is obvious to me that you are absolutely clueless as to my position in this thread.

I will ask you the same question I asked you several pages back....

You said my "argument is weak". Just what argument do you think I am making? Are you under the impression that I am some how defending George Zimmerman?

The post I made that you are commenting about, I did not say George Zimmerman's life was in danger. I simply explained the law and gave an example of unreasonably fearing for ones life.

I am not trying to be funny here, but I seriously think you have a reading comprehension problem.
edit on 2-7-2013 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

but because I believe he's LYING; which has made him guilty

Lying wouldn't make a person guilty. That's some bad logic.
No....lying reveals their innocence.
And i have bad logic??? Geeeeeesh. Do you swear to tell the lie, the whole lie and nothing but the lie; so help you God???

Because someone lies about some part of an event it does not mean they are or are not guilty.

Happens often. That is why evidence is used to determine the outcome, not just what the people involved say.

edit:

It would seem you idea of that point shows you are participating in the court of opinion.
edit on 7/2/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/2/2013 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Stop with the "defending yourself" crap. Street fights happen everyday. Learn how to fight and not be Joe Tough Guy behind your firearm. That is not the reason for the 2nd Amendment!!!!

You are welcome to handle yourself however you want but do not attempt to dictate to me because it will not work.

If some punk attacks me I will shoot as well. Self-defense is part of the law if you don’t like it go start your own country.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

what stopped the round from over penetrating was a 115 grain jhp bullet that performed perfectly as advertised, it shed the outer jacket hit the heart and was stopped by expansion of the hollow point,i don't think the position of the body in the fight was ascertained by the medical examiner to have played a factor in the ballistics of the bullet

the ability of the bod to absorb the energy of the round is relative to it's ability to disapate the "shock wave" through out. The body will not disapate properly if it is against a solid surface. This is fact not conjecture. I have spent decades reviewing ballistics, their effect, and the causes of their affects. The bullet will exit out of a 9mm reguardless of the round structure, if the body is against a solid surface.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
DR. Brown ... prosecution witness (hired gun)... continuing testimony.

Her testimony - The head wasn't 'slammed' into the concrete more than one time. The injuries to the back of the head weren't from being repeatedly slammed into the concrete.

Injuries to the face are 'very small'. COULD have come from a single blow.

MY NOTE - her testimony contradicts John Good - eyewitness - who said he saw blows coming down upon George Zimmerman.

CROSS BY DEFENSE

Defense is showing that the ME is biased because her positions. Corey appointed her. Bias.
She says she isn't biased. Defense is basically showing that she owes her position to Corey.

Defense just got her to say that there were 'at least three impacts' of ZImmermans head into the concrete.

Defense just got her to admit that it COULD have been more than one punch to the Zimmerman face.

Defense just got her to admit she doesn't know how Zimmerman got hit so it could have been multiple hits to the head.

Defense just got her to admit that the skin was 'rubbed off' on Martins hand. So that is proof that Martins wound matches what would happen if he had been hitting Zimmerman. No injuries other than the hand (and the gunshot of course).

Defense just got her to admit that there could be many impacts on Zimmerman that don't show.

She states a person laying down on their back would have the blood from a broken nose would probably go down the throat.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

She did not really confirm his statements.

Zimmerman has said his head was repeatedly hit on the concrete. He thought he was going to lose consciousness.

This witness has just said that it may have hit the concrete but was not repeatedly slammed to the ground. That contradicts Zimmerman's account of the events.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Actually .. it sure IS a reason for the second amendment. Self protection. If someone is threatening severe harm and/or death to me ... and I have a gun to make ti stop ... I'll use it. Better they die then I die or have a severe injury.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Score one for Mr Wendal!

Anyone hear the legal analyst on CNN?

He just confirmed everything I said here about a reasonable fear for your life and the justification of deadly force.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

She just admitted it was three times.

Anyway the real point I was making is that she did confirm his head came in contact with the concrete.

I am simply dispelling the myth that his head didn't hit the concrete as some have tried to say here because they didn't find blood on the concrete.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Zimmerman's reason for believing his life was in danger was that a person was on top of him beating him up and (allegedly) had threatened his life. Thats enough reason to believe your life is in danger.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Sorry I don't have cable. What did they say?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

This witness has just said that it may have hit the concrete but was not repeatedly slammed to the ground. That contradicts Zimmerman's account of the events.

She just contradicted herself. The defense got her to say that Zimmerman easily could have had his head hit into the concrete multiple times and that it didn't leave marks. Ditto with being hit on the head with a fist. So her cross examine testimony is going the opposite direction a bit.

new topics

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join