It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The state is trying to get Serino testimony thrown out. The part where Serino is asked if Zimmerman was a pathological liar and Serino said no, he found Zimmemrman credible.

The state is doing damage control. They failed to object to this yesterday.

Serino also said that Zimmermans testimony was credible because it showed it wasn't scripted or rehearsed. Zimmerman told his story five times and there were little inconsistencies in the stories ... which is expected and none of them were substantial. Bottom line ... Lead Investigator Serino believed Zimmerman and the prosecution doesn't like the fact that the jury heard this.

Waiting on court decision to see if the judge will throw out that part of Serino's testimony ....

ETA .. I find it amazing that the Prosecution is, once again, trying to discredit it's own witness.

JUDGE DECISION - tossed out statement.
edit on 7/2/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

What reason did they have to ask a question like was Zimmerman a pathological liar?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Either Zimmerman and Martins history and attitude both matter, or neither does. What matters is what happened that night. What matters is who attacked who. The prosecution wants people to know Zimmermans attitudes because it shows he could have attacked Martin first. The defense wants people to know Martins attitudes because it shows he could have attacked Zimmerman first.

Either the both matter. Or neither matters.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
What reason did they have to ask a question like was Zimmerman a pathological liar?

It was in reference to Zimmermans statements in the police station.

The statements were made. There were small differences but nothing substantial. Lead investigator Serino said that was to be expected. And that because of the small differences in the stories it showed that the stories weren't rehearsed or scripted. The question was then asked if the stories could be from a pathological liar. Serino said no, Zimmerman was believable. (paraphrase)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

It was in reference to Zimmermans statements in the police station.

The statements were made. There were small differences but nothing substantial. Lead investigator Serino said that was to be expected. And that because of the small differences in the stories it showed that the stories weren't rehearsed or scripted. The question was then asked if the stories could be from a pathological liar. Serino said no, Zimmerman was believable. (paraphrase)

thanks, watching the videos my impression of him isn't that he is some crazy lunatic, he seems rather mild mannered.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
You can click here www.ustream.tv... and watch live.

It's been very interesting. They don't block and of the words on this feed

edit on 2-7-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Really? You don't get it? Race race race. Think about it.

It's not even a sentence. I assume you're trying to remove race from the situation by pretending I'm obsessed by it. I'm not. But this crime has a racial element that you won't minimise by pretending others are overly interested in it.

.... says the person who ASSUMES Zimmerman is a racist pig.
And dude .. I haven't exonerated Zimmerman. I've said very clearly that I think he may be guilty of Manslaughter but that there probably isn't enough court worthy evidence to get a conviction.

So epic fail on your part.

You've misunderstood. Again.

I am saying that my assumption is that Zimmerman saw a black youth and thought he was up to no good, partly because of his colour. I didn't call him a racist pig, but I imagine some prejudice was involved, if not of the most blatant kind (try to work outside the parameters of absolutes, black and white, for a moment).

I also said this is not a concern of the court, particularly. Because although tragic, and arguably a contributor to what happened, it's not actually relevant to whether he is specifically guilty or not.

You, on the other hand, are trying to say that Zimmerman's testimony - the testimony of the guy who shot Martin - is enough to convict Martin of some very nebulous crimes. You're even trying to jemmy lewd behaviour into the mix. I can't for the life of me see why you won't extend the even-handedness you have for George to Trayvon.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Just yesterday, I stood outside that store after making my purchases talking to 2 people for about 20 minutes. Why? Because I was reading the cover of a newspaper that was in a machine. One guy made a comment to me about the story on the front page that I was reading, we started talking and a second guy overheard us and began talking with us both. I didn't know them, but we talked anyway. It was a rather pleasant conversation and then I went about my way. Does that make me suspicious?

I don't know. Are you black? I'd need to know that before I could make a decision for sure.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by Libertygal

You call that research? There is nothing in either video that suggests Trayvon was likely to carry out a random attack on a complete stranger.

It was more than you did.

zxzxmi99's channel

m.youtube.com...#/user/zxzxmi99/videos?&desktop_uri=%2Fuser%2Fzxzxmi99%2Fvideos

You basically directed people to go find videos for you, so you could judge if they were evidentiary enough for YOU to decide if Trayvon was a good enough fighter to beat up George. Lol.

Do it yourself. You can start with one of his channels, posted above, and go from there. Should be enough hints to get ya going. Don't want to create a youtube account? Oh. No.

I cry for you. Seriously. I do.

edit on 2-7-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Serino asked about position of hands ... Zimmerman said he put Martins dead arms straight out ... but they were found under the body. (Martin was still alive so he probably moved them into his chest himself)

Once again Serino is allowed to give his opinion on Zimmermans statement being wrong .. but earlier today the Judge rulled he couldn't do that when he said 'Zimmerman was credible'.

OH man .. this is getting pathetic .... State just asked Serino if he called Martin a 'skinny kid' and if he'd classify Zimmerman as a 'skinny kid'.

DEFENSE RECROSS EXAM -

Zimmerman language is no big deal according to Serino.
Slim Jim found where Martin had been (allegedly) hiding. Slim Jim ... break in device.
No evidence that it belonged to Martin. But the finding of it is noteworthy.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

An underage teenager ... not coming home all night ... the father not noticing his kid was missing. Of course that's strange. I dont know what kind of world you are used to, but this is absolutely not 'normal'.

Rubbish, it's completely normal. When I was that age I used to stay out pretty late and let myself back in, or come in and go straight to bed, or even just stay over at someone else's house. No alarm would have been raised until the next morning.

Amusing how Martin goes from being a hulking 6'2" brute when it suits you, to a little underage teen when you need him to be that.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorDisco
But this crime has a racial element ....

No it doesn't. Just because one of the players is black doesn't mean race is involved in the crime.

You, on the other hand, are trying to say that Zimmerman's testimony - the testimony of the guy who shot Martin - is enough to convict Martin of some very nebulous crimes. .

I triple dog dare you to find where I said anything close to that.
Good luck with that.
I've been VERY clear .... we do not know who started the fight.
I've been VERY clear .... we wouldn't be discussing this if Zimmerman had stayed in the car.
I've been VERY clear .... we wouldn't be discussing this if Martin had just gone home.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Rubbish, it's completely normal.

Maybe for you. But most households that are as 'apple pie' as the prosecution wants you to think doesn't work that way. Good parents know where their underage children are at night. And they miss them when they don't come home all night.

Didn't you say that you aren't from the USA? Perhaps underage children staying out all night without the parents knowing where they are is 'normal' for where you live. It isn't 'apple pie' behavior here.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Intetesting, because I heard some speculation as to that he may have gone back to Brandy's to stash something on tbe porch he didn't want to get caught with.

Sure gives more credence to the "crime is afoot" and reasonable and articulable suspicion, doesn't it? Ifthe cops had gotten there sooner, he may have actually been caught with something.

Interesting.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
More Serino (lead investigator) testimony - Defense cross examination

Serino said that it wasn't illegal for Zimmerman to follow Martin.
(IMHO - that could take Manslaughter off the table for the Jury)

Serino said that the Zimmerman call to emergency was reasonable.

Serino said he doesn't know if he would have stopped and asked Martin what he was doing. Maybe yes or maybe no.

Serino said Martin was 'armed' with the concrete that he slammed Zimmermans head on.

Serino personal thought .. Zimmerman might have been exaggerating injuries. Not sure.

edit on 7/2/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Thanks for that reply, I wasn't sure, and didn't thoroughly read the post, I was in a hurry at the time.

Not sure, but I think there was something about it having to be included at the beginning. That is why everyone keeps saying she overcharged. Something that has to be laid out in her indictment, because this was not a Grand Jury indictment.

Still, not certain, but thanks for looking that up!

edit on 2-7-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

But this crime has a racial element ....

No it doesn't. Just because one of the players is black doesn't mean race is involved in the crime.

No. But you also don't know that it wasn't.

Can you say with absolute certainty that Martin's colour didn't affect in any way Zimmerman's reading of his behaviour or his subsequent actions?

I triple dog dare you to find where I said anything close to that.
Good luck with that.
I've been VERY clear .... we do not know who started the fight.
I've been VERY clear .... we wouldn't be discussing this if Zimmerman had stayed in the car.
I've been VERY clear .... we wouldn't be discussing this if Martin had just gone home.

You are engaged in sophistry. You say that you believe there is enough evidence for Zimmerman to think that Martin was committing a crime, and that you refuse to countenance either that he was lying or mistaken. Which actually is logically the same as there being enough evidence for you that a crime was committed.

True, you stop short of actually claiming it. But although you don't want the responsibility of saying it, you want people to draw the conclusion it engenders. That's very sneaky.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The trial is so compelling today! Damn you, George Zimmerman! I have other things to do, but I'm hooked!

I hate to see all the bickering and finger pointing in this thread. It's SO not related to the trial. Who cares what another ATS member thinks?

Thanks for the note, FF.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Serino testimony continues .... Defense Cross examination ...
- Screams on 911 tape are from one person in his opinion.
- Zimmerman may have exaggerated the number of times he got hit.
- Zimmerman may have mis-perceived getting smothered during the fight.
- Zimmerman didn't change his story. Zimmerman said 'I THINK he had his hands over my nose/mouth'
- Possible muffled screams that didn't show up on the tape.
- "Was Zimmermans testimony problematic'?? Answer ... NO.

- Jury has seen the photo of the tree/bush that Martin is alleged to have come out from behind.
(I didn't see it. Must have missed it)
So for those who say there was no bush/tree there to come out from behind ... there is one.
This is where the 'slim jim' burglary tool was found five days later.
There is no one trying to make that connection to Martin. Too much time passed in finding it.

Serino says that Zimmerman was giving police a 'play by play' as he had them on the 911 call.

Serino says that Zimmerman not remembering streets was a cause for concern but that he was okay with it after questioning him.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I hate to see all the bickering and finger pointing in this thread.

Happens every summer when High School gets out.

Thanks for the note, FF.

Figured you'd be interested.

The lead prosecutor just said that Zimmerman following Martin wasn't illegal.
That may take Manslaughter off the table.

I"m waiting on the information about how long Martin lived after being shot. The chatter is that even though Zimmerman moved the arms out wide immediately after shooting him, that Martin himself pulled the hands in under him to grab towards his gunshot injury.

Serino has been a great witness. I figured he'd be really interesting ..

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The police and or prosecution seems to have really gotten the lead investigator. Guess his pension is on the line now.

new topics

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join