It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 80
25
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
You have the "right to remain silent" because it COULD BE USED AGAINST YOU, IN A COURT OF LAW!!! Some of you justify everything, without knowing anything.




posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
You have the "right to remain silent" because it COULD BE USED AGAINST YOU, IN A COURT OF LAW!!! Some of you justify everything, without knowing anything.


Yes you have the right not to incriminate your self and to silence but the court can draw adverse conclusions also, ie if you later have an alibi that you did not say at the time of your arrest, jury most likely will think you made it up although there may be legitimate defense to that. .
edit on 1-7-2013 by Redarguo because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2013 by Redarguo because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
"I didn't want to confront him, that's not my job". Case closed. Zim walks.

He was excited that someone could have had him killing TM on video to prove his innocence.
edit on 1-7-2013 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2013 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redarguo

Originally posted by marbles87
reply to post by IvanAstikov
 


Fighting on the streets == fighting in a ring. Hey I have some training too but if someone caught me off guard with a sucker punch a gun might be the only defense left. It's not uncommon for lucky punches to lay someone out cold or even kill them. Little know fact some of you might not know is being punched in the head at any skill level can kill someone and therefor deadly force. Lots of instances where fist fights end in death over bare knuckle punches. Just because Zimmerman took classes doesn't mean he could have defended himself in the given situation. Don't jump to such I'll informed decisions


Let me get this straight because i'm not American. In a fist fight, its perfectly legal to pull a gun and shoot the guy? FFS. This go for stabbings also? Or is there a level of reasonable force involved, ie your life must be in danger? If so pretty easy to get a way with murder just say, "well that guy punched me so I shot him".


Yup, sirree! You don't even have had to sustain any injuries - you just have to pretend... I mean, believe, you are in danger and you can whip that firearm out and blast away to your black heart's content. They don't tell you that in the tourist brochures, do they? Only in America... but possibly coming to a town near you, if you don't keep a check on your law makers.
edit on 1-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi
 



Originally posted by Grimpachi
but the state at this point can’t drop the charges to manslaughter to get a conviction.


Do you have a link? Let's find the truth about this.



Charges Against Zimmerman

In the case of Zimmerman, while the prosecution only listed second degree murder in its charges, all lesser included offenses are assumed to be charged as well. Therefore, the jury can find Zimmerman guilty of second degree murder, or they can find him guilty of related lesser included offenses.

It is actually quite common for a prosecutor to go for the highest level charge she feels she can prove, with the understanding that if she cannot prove the greatest charge, a lower charge might stick with the jury. Now, this isn’t always the case. In some states the prosecutor must specifically state all charges, but Florida allows for automatic inclusion of lesser included offenses.
What are the Included Offenses of Murder in Florida?

First degree murder (premeditated) 782.04(1)
Second degree murder (Depraved mind) 782.04(2) – Zimmerman’s charge
Manslaughter 782.07
Second degree (felony murder) 782.04(3)
Third degree murder (felony) 782.04(4)
Vehicular homicide 782.071


Source
edit on 7/1/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   


The important consideration is that under Florida law prosecutors may ask the jurors to convict the defendant of a lesser degree of killing. Thus even if the state has charged Zimmerman with Murder in the 2nd degree, the jury could find manslaughter, which would allow a determination of a lesser sentence.


Source



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 


Good. It'd be a travesty of justice if Zimmerman got a walk-out because the state was too dumb too make the right accusation. Here in the UK, I'm pretty sure they charge you with the worst thing they can and offer lesser charges as alternatives for the jury to come back with.



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by Redarguo

Originally posted by marbles87
reply to post by IvanAstikov
 


Fighting on the streets == fighting in a ring. Hey I have some training too but if someone caught me off guard with a sucker punch a gun might be the only defense left. It's not uncommon for lucky punches to lay someone out cold or even kill them. Little know fact some of you might not know is being punched in the head at any skill level can kill someone and therefor deadly force. Lots of instances where fist fights end in death over bare knuckle punches. Just because Zimmerman took classes doesn't mean he could have defended himself in the given situation. Don't jump to such I'll informed decisions


Let me get this straight because i'm not American. In a fist fight, its perfectly legal to pull a gun and shoot the guy? FFS. This go for stabbings also? Or is there a level of reasonable force involved, ie your life must be in danger? If so pretty easy to get a way with murder just say, "well that guy punched me so I shot him".


Yup, sirree! You don't even have had to sustain any injuries - you just have to pretend... I mean, believe, you are in danger and you can whip that firearm out and blast away to your black heart's content. They don't tell you that in the tourist brochures, do they? Only in America... but possibly coming to a town near you, if you don't keep a check on your law makers.
edit on 1-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)


Haha FS. I thought I would be pro gun ownership if I lived in the US, that's just crazy.
edit on 1-7-2013 by Redarguo because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 


i think from what i have been reading that to convict on either murder two(not looking likely) or manslaughter (possibly)they have to disprove his claim of self defense,so i think as long as he goes with self defense as his argument and the state cant prove with out doubt that he was not defending him self i dont think they can convict him of either charge.

lawofselfdefense.com... this site has some updates as well and useful links figured it might be of interest
www.wisegeek.com...

When someone is killed lawfully by someone who did not have “malice aforethought,” as it is known, the killer is charged with manslaughter. Manslaughter is separate from murder, recognizing that people can occasionally kill each other without meaning to, and it tends to carry a reduced sentence, depending on the circumstances in which the killing occurred. When someone kills in self defense and his or her actions are ruled justified, this is an entirely different legal situation, because the death is viewed as lawful, though unfortunate.


www.arnoldlawfirmllc.com... pretty interesting read on this one too

To prove the crime of Manslaughter, the State must prove the following two elements beyond a reasonable doubt: (Victim) is dead. Give 2a, 2b, or 2c depending upon allegations and proof. 2. a. (Defendant) intentionally caused the death of (victim). 2. b. (Defendant) intentionally procured the death of (victim). 2. c. The death of (victim) was caused by the culpable negligence of (defendant). However, the defendant cannot be guilty of manslaughter if the killing was either justifiable or excusable homicide as I have previously explained those terms.


lawofselfdefense.com... pdf of the autopsy report which explains cause of death and why there was not alot of blood as the bulk of the blood flowed into martins collapsed lungs so i guess we at least no why there was not blood everywhere ,you can also find the balistics report on that site as well pretty informative
edit on 1-7-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hey y'all take lookee at this....


www.miamiherald.com...



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 


I cannot give a link to what I read coming from the legal analyst Name Bill or it was Bruce WFTV it was in the blog from him. That very question was asked of him. Only the judge can decide if lesser charges can be added however they can’t change midstream

I was under the impression that they could until today.


As RalagaNarHallas pointed out it has something to do with the legal defense offering up self defense. I believe self defense is accepted on all those charges.
edit on 1-7-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi
 


On the ground in South Florida.

Yes, they are going to riot for sure.
There is a lot of tension and a lot of ammo is being bought by Hispanics and Whites, they know what to expect.

The riots are coming because IMO most South Florida Blacks don't care if GZ is innocent or guilty, they want blood and they want to kill some "crackers".

You could give them all the proof in the world and they would still riot, they think that they can do whatever they want to whoever they want and if you resist its racist.

I am planning to move because there are so many lowlifes down here you cant even enjoy a night out without some POS starting trouble.



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by samhouston1886
reply to post by WonderBoi
 


On the ground in South Florida.

Yes, they are going to riot for sure.
There is a lot of tension and a lot of ammo is being bought by Hispanics and Whites, they know what to expect.

The riots are coming because IMO most South Florida Blacks don't care if GZ is innocent or guilty, they want blood and they want to kill some "crackers".

You could give them all the proof in the world and they would still riot, they think that they can do whatever they want to whoever they want and if you resist its racist.

I am planning to move because there are so many lowlifes down here you cant even enjoy a night out without some POS starting trouble.


An inherently racist system tends to have that effect.
edit on 1-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Kel-Tec needs to start an add campaign after this is over. How good are Kel-Tec firearms? Just ask Trayvon Martin.

edit on 1-7-2013 by dudeman351 because: typo



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dudeman351
Hey y'all take lookee at this....


www.miamiherald.com...


If Serino was half the detective he thinks he is, he'd be ashamed to admit that he needed any encouragement or pressure to charge George with something. Did he even know that George had been training hard at a well-regarded fighting gym for 18mths when he called him a "soft guy"? Was he aware of this at any point in the 5 interviews he had with George? He obviously hadn't seen Zimmerman's gym membership documentation when Zimmerman told him he'd rather be a judge than a cop.



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
legalinsurrection.com... info on self defense and how it applies in florida


782.02. Justifiable use of deadly force First up is the admirably brief 782.02. Justifiable use of deadly force, which states: The use of deadly force is justifiable when a person is resisting any attempt to murder such person or to commit any felony upon him or her or upon or in any dwelling house in which such person shall be. Note those words: “resisting any attempt”. You need not wait until the harmful act has been completed, or has even begun its application. You are permitted to use deadly force under the circumstances described to resist even a mere attempt to murder you or to commit a felony upon your person or upon your home where you shall be. Any requirement that you first suffer disabling injury? No. Any requirement that you first suffer trauma sufficient to cause bruises that last longer than a day, or even half a day? No. Any requirement that you first suffer so much as the slightest scratch of your skin? No, no, no. 776.012 Use of force in defense of person What then of what most people first think of when they look to Florida’s deadly-force self-defense statute, 776.012. Use of force in defense of person, another admirably brief statute. It provides in relevant part; [A] person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if: (1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony . . . Again, note those words: “to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm”. Again, the intent of the legislature, and our own common sense, can read such language in only one way–you may lawfully act in self-defense in prevention of death or grave bodily harm, and without any requirement that you first suffer some death or great bodily harm.
so hopefully this clears up some confusion on the matter that some of us have had as i was generally ignorant of Florida laws before all of this happened



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov
 


Yeah but I see the Blacks as the racists, most Whites are afraid of them and for good reason.

I swear once I was on the bus and the Driver called a young lady back up to the front because she shorted the fare.

All she could do is pay and scream OBAMA! at him, it was surreal.



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dudeman351
Kel-Tec needs to start an add campaign after this is over. How good are Kel-Tec firearms? Just ask Trayvon Martin.

edit on 1-7-2013 by dudeman351 because: typo


You might yet see evidence that a kel-tec caused Zimmerman's nose injury, so don't get too giddy just yet.;



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by samhouston1886
reply to post by IvanAstikov
 


Yeah but I see the Blacks as the racists, most Whites are afraid of them and for good reason.

I swear once I was on the bus and the Driver called a young lady back up to the front because she shorted the fare.

All she could do is pay and scream OBAMA! at him, it was surreal.


You should have tried to get along with them better then, and stopped feeling bitter about them sharing the same buses as civilised white folks.



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dudeman351
 


to be fair as grim as it is after reading the forensics report and how the dr described the seller and bellot 115 jhp ammo expanding like it did with out over penetrating is more impressive then the keltec 9mm handgun but i dobut with the nature of this case either corporations will try to use this case for financial gain



new topics

top topics



 
25
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

log in

join